Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Can't get into a skirmish game this morning because they're just full of people grinding.

Someone actually told me if you don't want to grind don't play skirmish :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol I was on a balcony as a cong with a mosin as our lines broke so I was suddenly behind enemy lines.

I shot so many confused GI in the back. I wouldn't kill the squad leader (who never looks like a basic grunt. Always a dude with a shottie and bandana, etc etc.) They kept spawning and dying.

Glorious.

I had a similar thing happen last night, but I couldn't shoot while I was 'Outside The Combat Area'. Does that only happen in certain game modes or something?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I believe that occurs when you're wildly behind enemy lines as to prevent spawn camping and drive a front lines combat. In reality it can be done poorly and you'll find yourself unable to raise your gun.

Yeah, It happened twice in Hue City, in the river before the big temple thing as they captured the previous point and then on the temple as they captured it. The first one got me killed right on the end of it and the second one led to me and one of the G.I.s dancing as I tried to figure out what was going on.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Do kills near the end of the round not count? That seems like quite an oversight...

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be amazed if any US MG'ers ever carried their own spare barrel, those things came with the gas system, front sight and bipod attached, and the gun itself already weighs a ton.

EDIT: Just looked it up, the Assistant Gunner carried one spare barrel and also, as there's no good place to grab it, the asbestos glove required to swap out a hot barrel. How did the US gently caress up the barrel on the MG34/42 so badly?

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

drunkill posted:

US leaders should hang back, dont rush in to fights, grab the M14 and be a spawn point for your squad ~20m back from the frontline and snipe.

This would be a lot easier if the members of your squad would actually push and not just sit in cover.

YOU HAVE A FLAMETHROWER, IT'S YOUR JOB TO GO IN THE BUNKER FIRST

• Locked thread