Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
RS2 does seem more prone to insta-death spawn cycles than earlier games in the oeuvre. I've had a few times where I just spawn and arty lands before I can take two steps or I spawn and a grenade lands at my feet, etc, and it just keeps happening for three or four lives on a rough defense or trying to make progress on an assault. Granted that's mitigated by spawning somewhere else or just waiting a bit, but running back and doing nothing interesting for a bit is sort of equally unappetizing.

Still a drat fine game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sdoots posted:

So it turns out there's some pretty substantial bullet penetration in this. I was attacking Apartments on Hue, and the entire squad I was rolling with got wiped by gunfire that ripped through the walls. I lived because I was prone, and turned a little and fired full auto across the shelves on the right side of the room, getting a double kill and securing the capture.

Also, if you are attacking on Hue and need to get a foothold on C, I've found a spot that no one has ever noticed me at yet. I imagine people will start checking there soon, but for now, it's perfect.

If you go straight across the bridge, and then turn left and go up the stairs, you can see a little sandbag setup with a metal sheet for a roof. Go prone in that. Stay there until the cap is done.

Yeah, the higher caliber rifle rounds will go through most things, and things like the wood shacks are especially worthless as cover unless you have something more in there with you.

What's extra fun is the fire from the gunship will go through basically everything in the game, except the big grass pillars around some of the maps. :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Pro tip, change the default rate of fire to single shot in the options!

I actually started having a lot more success in most places with auto, especially on the M16 which is just eminently controllable in full auto. Still single shot for long range, of course.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yes, but what we're complaining about is the fact that a lot of the time the barrel is clear of an obstacle but you still hit it.

gently caress the spooky, it is outright broken. I just got done with a couple matches in both CuChi and HueCity. In both, I was taken out multiple times by the spooky while in a building (like one of those houses on Hue) and far from its sight. I did some experimenting and decided to start running around in fields any time I heard it and never once got shot from it. It's broken.

Also, it suffers from a sound bug that makes it sound like it's shooting all around you 100% of the time it's firing.

I think but am not a 100% sure that the spooky is a point targeted AoE ability that'll go through literally any structure in the game, except maybe the castle in Hue. It's not a thing that shoots dudes out and about on the map, it just kills people in an area the commander targets and will happily wall hack you to do so. It's basically an arty strike with randomized death instead of wave fire.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite part is the flamethrower team kills where you walk into your allies view, you know they saw you look at them and not shoot their dumb rear end, and then the spin up finishes and you roast.

• Locked thread