Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I completely missed out on everything leading up to this game, to the point that I didn't know a sequel to Rising Storm was being made until last Thursday. I impulsively bought it because of how much fun I had with Rising Storm. How was the beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Some prime listening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtuueqJkgjA

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Had two great moments playing yesterday. The first was hearing some guy screaming on voice chat about his helicopter losing the tail and autorotating, then looking up and watching him spin across the map until he crashed. The second was playing as a PAVN RPG and downing a Huey with a reflex shot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Popete posted:

Do you get a warning for an incoming SAM? Twice i was killed in the Loach from a commanders SAM but I didn't hear any warning or see any way to pop flares/chaff.

There's a very audible warning tone when a lock is being established. To counter just drop below 75m altitude and a lock shouldn't be established.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm a little confused about when I can and can't spawn in with a pistol. Is it only if you're playing a non-rifle class? So far I've only played as a grunt (and I don't trust myself to try much of anything else) and a bit of combat engineer on the US side. Not having a pistol made me real antsy about going into the tunnels on Hill 937.

You've got a bayonet, you'll be fine

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Tab8715 posted:

Can the spooky be shot down by a Dshk?

I don't think so. I've tried several times and never had any noticeable effect.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Always shoot at helicopters. Vote to role kick RPGs that don't regularly shoot at helicopters. A lot of Huey pilots will use the auto hover and then slowly descend in the same places over and over, making shooting them down fairly easy at times.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shima Honnou posted:

RPG squadleaders are great when they stay right next to their tunnel and backblast you when you spawn.

Is there another way to play?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just played Sniper as VC on Cu Chi and got a solid 45 kills and made the GIs go home. poo poo was bomb and I regret not having tried sniper sooner.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A night time airfield defense would be a pretty cool map.

Also I think something to do with Operation Junction City would be pretty cool, but that's probably just because I was in the 173rd.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pro tip: everyone looks the same while they burn. Call napalm, drop Willie Pete, and throw flame everywhere without regard for anybody's life

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That is a really great clip

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Recorded some clips while playing with some other goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCqxzqZvxM

The Huey pilot at the end managed to gain a little bit of control and when I went to search the wreckage he shot me.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hate when I try to vote kick people that are AFK so that friends can join and apparently nobody ever bothers to hit tab and verify that the guy is indeed AFK so the vote fails repeatedly.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just played a round as VC commander on An Lao. Radiomen wouldn't come to me for the first several minutes while I was near B. Whatever, I can't use anything for the first couple minutes anyway. I try calling out to ignore C but of course the whole team goes there anyway. I go back to the spawn and call a recon, still no marks from SLs, then call AA to bring down the Spooky. I get a radioman and hang out at the DShK for a minute getting ready to call arty in when some rear end in a top hat griefer from the previous round TKs me and my radioman. He then proceeds to keep TKing me and we lose the round a couple minutes later. gently caress An Lao, gently caress idiots that do nothing but rush C, and gently caress servers that don't let you kick griefers.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

If you have a PPSH you can run around like a madman and murder people with your bullethose. But most other guns that doesn't work so well. If your guy is huffing like he is having an asthma attack he isn't going to hit poo poo.

Very much this. It also depends on your loadout because weight affects your stamina a lot more than you think. So flamethrower is going to sway like crazy after any amount of sprinting, but a pointman will be a bit steadier.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The only time I start yelling at people to do things is when I'm commander, and then it's only to place markers and watch out for the support I'm going to request. gently caress the assholes that act like assholes because they're losing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I make my own squad and then have nobody to blame but myself

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The racism bums me out. Especially since whenever I call it out, some asshat directs slurs at my in-game name of Abu Hajaar. The worst though is after you kick the dude throwing slurs around and someone else starts white-knighting that racist shitheel.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Diggity! posted:

Slurs down hacking up

They don't even try to hide the hacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The only problem I have with the heat mechanic is the fact that they didn't include barrel changes. They could even make a class for assistant gunners that carry a spare barrel and smoke grenades or something.

• Locked thread