Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm a little confused about when I can and can't spawn in with a pistol. Is it only if you're playing a non-rifle class? So far I've only played as a grunt (and I don't trust myself to try much of anything else) and a bit of combat engineer on the US side. Not having a pistol made me real antsy about going into the tunnels on Hill 937.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is there a Steam group or something to organize games? Or should I just hop into mumble and go from there?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dvsilverwing posted:

I use shotguns on both teams a lot (probably 80%+ of my kills are from Pointman and Scout), and the American shotguns don't have the same range, but for some weird reason I seem to get longer distance OHK's with the Stakeout than I do the Trench Gun. The way the Duckbill's spread is means I only take it when I know I'm going to be in a place like trying to cap A or B early on Hue, or in the trenches of C/D/E on Hill 937. But for some reason, whether I'm using 00 or #4 I find myself getting longer range OHK's with the Stakeout than the Trench Gun when using the same ammo types. I can easily get a 40m OHK with 00 on the Stakeout, while with the Trench Gun I'm excited to get a 35m OHK with 00. The only real benefit I see to the Trench Gun now is the bayonet, personally. Just learn where to aim when using the Stakeout's ADS style (this will also help you get used to the collapsed/folded ADS style of the SMG's) and you'll find yourself doing a lot better with Pointman, whether you're using the shotgun or SMG.

Is there any reason to take #4? I assume it's more pellets for less damage each, and it feels like I have way more success with 00. It could just also be because I'm an awful shot :v:

I'm also wondering if C4 has any special role besides just as an explosive you can plant somewhere and trigger later.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wish they gave smokes to more people than just pointmen. Would make assaulting points a lot easier.

• Locked thread