Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

If someone is saying stuff in in-game voice chat that you don't like then just start ranting about how gay you are and how you've hosed the dude's dad in the anus and drank all of his cum. It's what I do and it works pretty well.
I did that in RO and someone named something like Waffen88 got really mad and it's worth it.

I was also playing with the username Gaythirst Meatcop.

(But disable voice chat.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Best username: Ho Chi Minh Will Win

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I play Oceania servers and probably 90% of the time there's useful voice comms going on. Fo a bunch of australians theres suprisingly little racism, you just gota put up with their awful whiny voices.
Australians were my favorite group to play with in Project Reality.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cpt. Murphey posted:

Don't deploy unless you are defending and you have a really really good position.

Otherwise fold up that bipod, peak around that corner and open up, fire some bursts into the building you know enemies are in and don't forget to charge that enemy stronghold.

Real-talk, your machine gun penetrates better than pretty much any other weapon so always be shooting into buildings you think jerks are in.

Edit: gently caress people who don't push with machineguns, you will do dirty dirty things with them if you push and use them to flush out the enemy.
You have lots of bullets, use them.
I just did this and it was awesome.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My most gruesome death so far involved me getting shot in the head while standing on a bamboo scaffolding, then falling backwards but being caught by the edge of the scaffolding, so the upper half of my body dangled over the side in an L-shape and bent at the waist. My arms even dangled down.

It was right near the Cu Chi U.S. spawn too so I got to have a good look before my corpse vanished.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 5, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've found I really love playing the Vietnamese sappers and ... whatever the other class is called with the tripwire mines. It's so satisfying to booby trap an area, run off and do something else, and then see the pop-pop-pop kill count on the upper right.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is what I'm talking about :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSQ-3vVtKA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ded posted:

A shame you didn't get any shots of people being turned into a red mist with RPGs.
Oh not my video. But yeah. The best way to die, in my opinion, is to take an RPG in the face from a distance, as you can see the rocket launch before it kills you.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One of the most satisfying things to do in these games is to bayonet a commander in the back when he's at the radio.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've had luck with claymores and satchels by placing them at a key entrance to a point and then taking cover with my weapon out. Added benefit if I'm the squad leader so I'm hiding anyway. Proceed to shoot normally and then switch to the remote trigger if enemies start crowding near the explosives. Usually takes knowing the maps and where the enemy is likely to come. There is a bridge on B in AnLao Valley where I've vaporized some VC. If the fight for the point is over, pick up the explosives and move on.

Also throwing satchels into AA pits is fun.

One thing I haven't tried with claymores, but want to try, is instead of placing them side by side, placing them one in front of the other but spaced apart 20 feet or so. And maybe slightly offset.

Like:
code:
~*enemies over here~*

^

^

~*me down here*~

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 11, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GyverMac posted:

By satchels you mean the C4 no? Or are there satchels in the game? I remember them being available in RS1.
Apparently the C4 can be thrown quite far, great on hue to throw over walls and into second story buildings.
Yeah C4. I'm still thinking in RS1/RO terms.

Sogol posted:

Yeh, that's almost exactly how I use clays. If you make sure its set up right you can use the G key to detonate the Clay while you are holding your weapon. Just need to make sure you aren't going to dramatically pull forth a smoke grenade and brandish it at your now firing foe.

On Hue, for example, the A side door next to the ammo is a great spot. A clay placed there facing out will also take them off the drain pipe. The room with the hole in the wall behind the B site is also great since people will post up at that corner. There are a few places with chokes n various maps, but I think the main use is defending a point from being taken back.

E: I have set them up facing, staggered, etc. Facing or staggered you can close off most of the jungle lanes from B to D on An Lao I think. I often die while trying. Or end up just going click with no boom. Fine. I am bad. I admit it.
Nice. I totally forgot about the G key...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Totally dropped napalm on last cap in Hill, barbecuing practically the entire enemy team right before my team rushed in and took it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'll usually try to get in close as SL but not too close.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

alg posted:

If SL was something you picked rather than something you randomly got the game would be much better. As it is now mindless pubbies with no awareness never notice they are the SL.
You can select it in the loadout screen, but to be SL and have people in the squad means grabbing it fast just as the map loads.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also the best way to cap it seems is to NOT rush the entire team into the point, but for the majority to attack along the flanks, denying the enemy team the ability to move into the cap.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The people defending inside the cap will get swarmed and die eventually. It's the defenders' reinforcements that are the main problem for the attacker. If you can get on the flanks and shoot the defenders as they run up, then it makes the job easier ... and really frustrating for them. When I'm the U.S. on Cu Chi (I think), there's a temple in the middle of rice paddies on the right after the first town. As squad leader I will run to the *right flank* of the temple and have my guys spawn there. Few VC go there as well.

Same reason why you want to generally put artillery and the like behind the cap.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Look, I'm not saying I haven't napalmed some of my own people in order to kill more of the bad guys. I did cap the point and won the match because of it. That takes timing and discipline, IMO. War is hell and they don't even let them write gently caress on their airplanes!

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 20, 2017

• Locked thread