Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
Evidently I'm at autistic levels of commanding this game, but this piece of poo poo game keeps crashing my entire computer at random times during gameplay. No amount of workarounds, config fixes, etc seem to help it. I haven't seen anybody else with this specific crashing issue and I'm about to just throw in the towel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
I don't even know why An Lao is well-liked tbh. Since most teams don't seem to have competent RPG gunners the helos can pretty much run rough-shod onto B if your attack advances to say E.

Or maybe I just suck and my team sucks

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
I think the sight graduations are in yards and converted to meters or something. :confused:

Following on the engine limitations with distance, I feel like I cannot accurately tell distances in this game very well. If you spend any trying to mark coordinates you think youre putting a good mark because it says it's "allowed" and then look on the map to discover it's in BFE

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
This is the first game I've ever played with the concept where I genuinely enjoy being a commander. It seems if you have at least one good, communicative squad leader you can steam roll the enemy if you're on a public server.

My in-game name is A Game of Crohns atm, if you see me on a server, holla atcha boi. Usually playing with Basticle and some others

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
Opposite of real life, I love using the M16 and loathe the AK in this game.

The M16 is just fun to use in full-auto like how I've seen it used in We Were Soldiers, where every aperture or bush gets a burst when assaulting. I've gotten so many kills in that manner and it usually makes heads duck down. Conversely, I use the AK in semi most of the time and switch to auto when entering confined spaces. Doesn't do as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
Rung Sac is a gorgeous, atmospheric map but man it chugs even on my 1070. Might be that GeForce Experience got reinstalled so I should delete that again.

• Locked thread