Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

bees everywhere posted:

Is there a point to using the folding stock AK? It seems to be the "push button to make inaccurate" gun.

Did we ever figure out if you ran faster with it folded too? I remember that being a rumor in the beta, but that would involve me putting down the RPD/MAT49/AKM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

soy posted:

just remembered this game was a thing and got it today, this loving owns.

if you are a good and want play come my discord https://discord.gg/GHvtWfM

I will be in the voice chat, if there is already a central one let me know and I'll come there. I'd search more but I'm the MG and I'm playing atm.

Jump in the mumble, yell at Battlefield and Rainbow 6 goons if they're not in the RS2 channel, good chance any of the two groups will play if they're not in something already.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Either you guys are joining servers labeled (KKK) or you're all full of poo poo in how often you're seeing racism and how rare team coordination occurs. In 95 hours, it hasn't been nearly as bad as this thread and the BF1 thread have sworn up and down is happening. Jesus christ, either gently caress with the racists until they get pissed and record the result, vote kick them or mute your poo poo for the 1 in 30 rounds that poo poo comes up. And be drat happy that this isn't RO2 where all of the long term Wehraboos hang out.

On a non-holyshitthisthreadisadumpsterfire note, they're also fixing US Shotguns in the next patch so you don't have to aim everything, but the Stakeout weird to get proper range on them. Pointman should get even better.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Mega Comrade posted:

Is it an American thing?

I play on European servers and apart from the first 2 days its mostly been fine to. On the servers I play on a commander and squad leaders doing useful full team coordination over comms is a fairly regular thing too :shrug:

It's not, it's Goons wildly over exaggerating how common it is. The worst we run into normally are people making fun of the over the top accent the Vietnamese side gets. Which is the same poo poo that used to fly around in RS1 with the overly religious Marine with an exaggerated southern accent. I've run into 3 actual racists in game in 95 hours and actively loving with them enhanced the game, not ruined it.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Is there a way to give up the squad leader role when you get it? I seem to inherit it by getting promoted into the spot during a game and I'm not exactly sure how this happens.

Most of the time it's not a big deal, but being promoted to Squad Leader as an American sniper sucks for everyone, because I'm usually at a spot where no one want to spawn from. It's not so bad as the VC because I can just dig a tunnel as I go to my setup point.

Go to role selection and look to the right of the name. Click on the rank stripes to promote someone.

• Locked thread