Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Is there a point to using the folding stock AK? It seems to be the "push button to make inaccurate" gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I'm not the greatest at this game but it's amazing how bad some people are, like it's so easy to win as the US when squad leaders push forward and then stay in cover so their squad can spawn right on the objective. Sometimes popping out to throw smoke or mark targets but otherwise fulfilling their role as a mobile spawn point rather then rushing into MG fire constantly.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I like how in the Loach when you don't have a human copilot you can still take over when the pilot gets shot. Although this becomes awkward when the Cobra pilot gets shot and you're the gunner.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Never. Spawn. On. A. Helicopter. Ever.

I've had the opposite experience, I seem to get shot in the LZ about 1/4 of the time and the rest I get dropped off pretty close to an objective. Pretty rare that I get an incompetent pilot or a griefer since they usually get vote kicked pretty quickly.

Once I was flying a Loach and didn't even realize the commander spawned on me, I held him hostage until I realized he was trying to vote kick me as I was flying back to base for repair/rearm. Then he TK'd me and he was stuck there because he didn't know how to kill himself.

So yeah, Huey's are fine to spawn in, maybe not Loach's though, or at least one I'm flying.

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 3, 2017

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Getting downed as a pilot is half the fun, it seems, since if you live you're usually behind enemy lines, so you're in a great position to run up behind people and go on a murder spree. I just got a hilarious number of pistol whip kills, including the guy who shot me down with the DshK and the enemy commander. This game seems to go from 'impossibly hard' to 'racking up insane kill streaks' very quickly and I love it.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah yesterday morning it seemed like every server was infected with idiotic Trump fans, talking about cucking and dropping n bombs and MAGA. I guess since school is out for the summer you get a higher ratio of dumbass kids.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Ramba Ral posted:

Hell, apparently the generals just sent out US patrols as bait to lure out PAVN and NLF to fight them.

We still do that. It works.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If people stopped voting for Hue City it would feel like there are twice as many maps.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Once I witnessed a guy calling vote kicks on everyone get vote kicked himself and it was like the stars aligned and karma rebalanced itself, the universe was at peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I really really hate it when a VC commander uses his instant deploy ability when he's sitting way back at point A, meanwhile the squad leaders have great tunnel placement right near the fighting. Just because you can push the button doesn't mean you should!

• Locked thread