Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

GyverMac posted:

Not quite sure if you are sassing me or what, but all I'm saying is that compound map (I think it was called that) was like call of duty size. Neither team could get past the first objective so I didn't get to see the rest of the map though.

Compound is one of the 'skirmish' (tdm) maps. I just avoid that game mode completely, its not a strong suit of this series. Territories is the games bread and butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Diogines posted:

I have never spent so much time on any game dying from enemies I never even saw and then running back from spawn and I've played plenty of Red Orchestra/Rising Storm before. I am going to refund this on steam.

As always with this series at launch most squad leaders don't understand how the role works and aren't putting down spawn tunnels.

As for dying to people you haven't seen, I don't see how this is any different from past games. It won't ever change either , people don't want kill cams.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Popete posted:

Ah ok, I had the volume turned down last night so I probably just didn't notice.

Headphones are a huge boon to situation awareness in this game.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Symetrique posted:

I'm playing with headphones and look forward to being deaf soon.

The ones that get me are the 'thunk' headshot ones. Made me jump several times now.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It's VERY realistic (at least compared to Battlefield) so be prepared to die very fast, very often, and with little idea of where you got shot from.

Holy. loving. poo poo. I know this game brings out the Asian accent racism and it's borderline unplayable if you leave the voice chat on, but tonight my entire loving team decided to pretend to be Southern plantation owners, complete with all the racism and words that would entail.

Turning off voice chat makes you miss out on a good commander though, and that's when this game really shines. I just try and stick to the servers which have a no racism policy and actively kick/ban for that behaviour.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Knobb Manwich posted:

Is there a toggle to stop sprinting whiling ADSing because holy poo poo

Do you mean zooming while sprinting? Cos if so yeah that's a bug. Rebinding the button, even to itself will temporarily fix it. I think completely resetting the controls and relaunching the game got it to permanently go for me, or at least it hasn't returned in a while now.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Pro tip, change the default rate of fire to single shot in the options!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

The VC shotgun is crazy, I've been running around with the full length version and the half buckshot - half slugs ammo and it fucks up everyone/anyone you fire even halfway accurately at, my last match on the city map I ended up with just under 40 kills from shooting down alleys and coming around on guys and filling their backs full of buckshot.

Do you single fire or double fire the barrels?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Death by Chickens posted:

THIS. It's been driving me insane since beta how many times I'm very clearly looking over sandbags or a wall and my bullet hits the top of it. It's impossible to tell sometimes if my barrel is angled over it or not. I'll be shooting at someone who I can only see the very top of their head, and they're shooting at me, but the only way for me to not hit the thing in front of me is to stand up all the way and make myself a clear target. What the gently caress? This is a problem in almost every FPS, but it feels much more common in RS2.

It's like a puzzle on every map learning which spots you can safely hide behind and still shoot over, and which spots just don't work.

This is sometimes caused because the bullets come out of the end of the gun so don't actually match the iron sights. Moving closer to the thing your shooting over 'mostly' fixes it. It's an attempt to be realistic but you can see why most shooters just make the bullets come out of your eyes.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Who ever said the hunting shotgun is crazy good is right.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I see custom maps have started showing up on servers :)

Anywho, patch tomorrow.

Reminder of the changes

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/2072067834392318057

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 19, 2017

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

As long as its not a huge reduction I think its a good change. Its frustrating to give people warning then get stuck with a 1.30+ min spawn delay because of over aggressive players who get themselves killed and blame you that they don't have voice chat enabled.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

I think that the TK forgive option should pop up like a votekick or map change, though. I usually don't realize that I've been team killed or don't remember that it's an option.

Yes, at the moment it gets hidden by the respawn map (as does the chat). Having it be more pronounced would help a lot i think.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Nebiros posted:

Either you guys are joining servers labeled (KKK) or you're all full of poo poo in how often you're seeing racism and how rare team coordination occurs. In 95 hours, it hasn't been nearly as bad as this thread and the BF1 thread have sworn up and down is happening.

Is it an American thing?

I play on European servers and apart from the first 2 days its mostly been fine to. On the servers I play on a commander and squad leaders doing useful full team coordination over comms is a fairly regular thing too :shrug:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Popete posted:

This game could use like a bunch more maps. How did they ship this with only 5 maps?

I mean there is firebase and compound but no one ever plays those cause they suck.

For the price I find it difficult to complain to much. Many full prices games only come with 8-10. More maps would certainly be a plus though and I look forward to the workshop launching.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

JFC posted:

Someone let me know when they fix the black screen bug.

If it happens respawning by bringing up the console and typing suicide will fix it it seems.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Dvsilverwing posted:

Has anyone seen/played a custom map yet? I'm pretty sure the servers that say they have custom maps just allow a weird 64 man clusterfuck version of the 16 man Skirmish maps included with the base game.

Few I've played were 64 player territories maps. There's probably 5 or so floating about that I've seen, none are particularly great yet though, pretty unfinished.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Free weekend and double XP for the weekend.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/1453955548934848093

Quite a lot of changes. Some of the them are quite nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The Australian voices are awfully bad and I love it

• Locked thread