Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I've had good luck using it as a suppression tool when assaulting a point, short bursts into areas with a high concentration of enemies tends to keep people's heads down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I was in a helo that emergency crash landed and we all hopped out. The pilot was asked someone to kill him so I turned around and popped him in the noggin with the duckbill and his head vaporized. I had no idea that could happen. Game owns.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I bought this game off the strength of my previous experience in the series (Primarily RO1 Darkest Hour) and like 2 hours in RS1.

It's super frustrating until you learn the maps
a bit and where people are coming from. But this is one of the most satisfying shooters I've played in awhile. The napalm strikes are particularly atmospheric from either side.

After putting a zillion hours into bad company 2 I wanted to love BF1 and it's presentation is good but despite the graphical disadvantage RO2 has I feel more immersed in the fight going on.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 11, 2017

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
You gotta remember that thing isn't just spewing magic fire out the front, it's like a firehose spraying out a combustible liquid.

Flamethrower is a lot of fun but it can be hard to be effective with until you figure out the ranges and how it reacts with terrain and buildings and poo poo.

• Locked thread