Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
been in last two beta waves, looking forward to booby trapping american imperialist running dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
deltah is bidding attacked

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Traps and mines are the funnest thing in the game, I got 4 dudes with one toe popper mine when (I assume) a bunch of guys spawned on their squad lead and triggered it in the sewer junction on hue.

I only wish there was more variety with the booby traps, I suppose the freely rotating spike trap door pit lined with poo poo smeared spikes will be DLC :black101:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Also the recon plane, I've single handedly shot down several with just my AK. It's a fun little minigame for when your idiot squad leaders don't build tunnels and you're forced to spawn at the back.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Great times in the goon squad last night, I just wanted to drink and click icons so thanks to Speak's excellent marking got 85 kills on cu chi :clint:

I think besides that last game on cu chi where the ticket numbers got a bit close there wasn't a game where we didn't just steamroll the opposition

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i am the worst player and the worst sniper in the world but i'm sorry this game is loving broken

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Glenn Quebec posted:

Died alot huh?

not much more than usual actually, it was just a very frustrating time when shots either missed for no good reason (crosshairs dead on a stationary target, shooting from prone) or registered but appeared to do nothing (e.g. 2 shots from an M14 to the chest with hit sound, 2 helmet hit sounds on a guy and no kill).

I've seen the same sort of wtf moments on videos of streamers who are way better players than me so it certainly seems to be a thing.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Ramba Ral posted:

This game has gotten me to start reading up on some literature about the war. Working-Class War: American Combat Soldiers and Vietnam by Christian G. Appy is very informative and helps flesh out some of the context for the American side of the conflict.

Hamburger Hill was just what US High Command wanted was to use all their high tech toys on a bunch of guerrilla fighters that tend to disappear in the jungles right when they engaged the US Forces. Hell, apparently the generals just sent out US patrols as bait to lure out PAVN and NLF to fight them. Same thing with Khe Sanh.

The game has been fun so far for me. Been enjoying it and having to keep checking behind me as me and my squad enters into the jungle since the enemy can pop out of anywhere. They apparently have in the pipeline to add in ARVN as a faction, so, we will most likely get the Battle of Saigon in one form or another.

The Tunnels Of Cu-Chi is an excellent read as well - it covers the Americans increasingly technological attempts to destroy and infiltrate the tunnels, never once actually realising the magnitude of what they were dealing with, and the actual soldiers at the sharp end who boiled it down to a short man with a revolver, a torch and some rope.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I played a lot the first week after release and didn't hear anything besides the inevitable 'go home gi' at the end of rounds. That said any sensible persons default position would be to have voice chat off I would think.

For goon groups someone can always be nominated pubbie whisperer for cross species comms.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
holy gently caress there are racist dickheads, on the internet no less, playing shooter games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I thought I'd have a look at the commander role to see what's up. Here's my screen. You can see that the right side is cut off for some reason. Any idea what's going on here? I run the game in fullscreen mode at my monitor's native resolution (1280x1024) it's like the game thinks my monitor is 1380x1024 or something.

Congratulations on running a CRT in 2017

• Locked thread