Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
Is there any word of a campaign mode? That was one of the main draws of RO2/RS for me. I know Vietnam was not that type of war, so maybe they could change it up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Got into this recently and I'm slowly getting better. Been trying to find people on the mumble but there aren't many people present during EU time usually. If there are any EU goons that want to team up, let me know.

I play on the 40-1 UK servers often. They are usually full and admins are playing a lot too.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Tab8715 posted:

Is there a trick to using MGs without getting instantly sniped after deploying?

Staying behind the point and suppressing an advance helps the team, but won't rack up a kill count unless the opposing team is retarded.

I find heading to the flanks in an area of cover and engaging the enemy as they run paralell to your position. Helps the team and the body count. Even more effective if you have some riflemen/sniper covering you. This works wonders in city maps, as they move out across a street into your kill zone. The only real defense is a smoke shield and lobbing grenades at you.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Was playing CuChi last night as a GI and we kicked off the round with a commander who insisted everyone go left around the police station and enter it from the rear -- he swore this tactic would work.

We captured A within a minute of the start of the round. It was pretty amazing.

How long did it take you to capture the rest of the map? Enveloping a position takes quite a bit of time and coordination. I've seen this strategy used, and against a decent opponent they can clamp down on the flanks fairly quickly with good tunnel placement. With ChuChi I find an initial rush straight into A will often lead to its capture, make sure to bring your nades and smoke.

• Locked thread