Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you have a PPSH you can run around like a madman and murder people with your bullethose. But most other guns that doesn't work so well. If your guy is huffing like he is having an asthma attack he isn't going to hit poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
god damnit abu hajaar where is our god damned tunnel???

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

soy posted:

Ah yes, custom maps. The classic "bunch of random arms and dogs and you only get a shotgun" and "a bunker in a totally flat open field". Truly classics for the ages.

The only 60hz server I know of just loves these maps!

They made some TE versions of Anlo and Songbe. They are kinda screwy with 'enemy territory' way close to cap points.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Not to take you all away from racism chat but

The new patch put in a cool new bug. If your commander force spawns you (rapid deploy/ambush) there is a high chance you will spawn and your screen will immediately go black like you're dead.
The only way I've found to fix it is ~suicide

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dvsilverwing posted:

Has anyone seen/played a custom map yet? I'm pretty sure the servers that say they have custom maps just allow a weird 64 man clusterfuck version of the 16 man Skirmish maps included with the base game.

The only good custom map I've played so far is the SongMu one. Its close range very foggy with a lot of bushes & trees. The converted SU to TE maps however are kinda badly done. The 'enemy territory' zones are huge and very close to the cap points which makes it really drat hard to do any sort of flanking so poo poo bogs down.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The M-14 is the best gun in the game. Want proof?

I'm pretty sure its counting arti/spooky/napalm commander 'hits'

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Quite A Tool posted:

I was in a helo that emergency crash landed and we all hopped out. The pilot was asked someone to kill him so I turned around and popped him in the noggin with the duckbill and his head vaporized. I had no idea that could happen. Game owns.

Pointblank hunting shotgun did this.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

GyverMac posted:

Is there any incentive to use the WP grenade over other grenades? It seems to have the same effective damage radius as regular grenades. And theres no lingering burning effect, so you cant use as an area denial weapon either. I guess the only incentive is that it explodes on impact, and gives charlie no time to didi out.

WP grenade is the best grenade in the game. Why??

THE SCREAMS

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

A shame you didn't get any shots of people being turned into a red mist with RPGs.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

JFC posted:

Now that there are some more custom maps I'll be checking this out again. If you want to play with goons join us on the mumble. You don't have to be a great player, just as long as you aren't annoying and a complete loving moron. In fact, you can be as dumb as a rock as long as you're silent and not annoying about it.

goon mumble

Can't understand why you don't just move to discord.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

okay...here's an easy one on Hue City (VC side)

When C (citadel walls) is being challenged by the Marines, prone in the planter just outside of the last-stand, final objective, and shoot through the two circle-entrances and down the road. Dial scope to 200m. Shots will be ~215m and since the draw distance is hosed, marines will appear silhouetted against a white backdrop. Waist-high walls will not be drawn, so aim for upper torso. Opponents are unable to see you unless they have a scope. Until E & F both fall, the bridge remains a marine spawn point and they'll run straight towards you after they spawn, so shoot all day and when you're out of ammo, run to the nearby ammo dump; reload and repeat.

People do that all the time with AK and regular mossin too.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Nuking the commander on top of A on cu chi with the RPG is pretty drat satisfying.

Especially when you do it over and over again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
How exactly are they broken?

Other than people can walk over them and push them so they are facing the ground.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

pnutz posted:

I did it to someone who was laying down on their own tripwire in a bush :cool:

also someone made a m113 on the workshop, so they have land vehicle code even if the thing can't carry any troops and doesn't have an m2 on the turret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F08ciSfO_Aw

An RPG better be able to murder the gently caress out of them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Hey guys there is a trap here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUjFqoIYyTQ

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They need to lower the accuracy on support strikes. Most of the time you can be about 50-55m away and be fine. It should be much further.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ4o2WrhiIc

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Some little secrets

If you wear a metal helmet sometimes you survive a headshot. If you don't you will always die to a headshot but instead of a loud clang you get a soft CRUNCH when your melon gets hit.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Arti coming down behind the point, please rush directly into it!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
New patch is good. The new render system seems pretty nice.

And best of all black gi's now sound like black gi's again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The really cool thing is when you hear the ding but they don't die because the helmet actually worked.

• Locked thread