Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Electronico6 posted:

Are you running it with Operator to make a 4th queensguard?

I would if I had one. Can't scrap yet to make it. Eventually.

Edit: Actually i'm an idiot. I have scrap from beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ciri complains when you play more cards when you already won in the final round :allears:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Very first multiplayer game, opponent had 4 non-basic legendaries and lost, didn't GG :allears:

The salt's alive and well!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Drought's really loving strong, even after the change

Haha, try out Gremist in your discard deck ShowTime. He seems like one of the better of the cycle of silver mages with 3 spells attached; I'm turning so many lovely NG spies into bears.

Minera fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 24, 2017

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Minrad posted:

Drought's really loving strong, even after the change

Haha, try out Gremist in your discard deck ShowTime. He seems like one of the better of the cycle of silver mages with 3 spells attached; I'm turning so many lovely NG spies into bears.

Oh i'm running him. Fog is really great, but so is the bear spell. Priestess of Freya and yea, spies, make such good fodder. Then the random clear skies option if needed. Plus Sigrdrifa and Decoy if I need to do it again.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Opened Ragh Nar Roog on like my fifth pack from closed beta :pray: thank you CDPR

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

What the hell, the deck management tutorial for 100 ore or w/e just had me transmute a card except I think it actually used up 100 meteorite powder

I got the card, and a premium clear skies isn't the worst, but...

e: maybe I'm too tired and it was just the 100 powder it gives you for the tutorial. :iiam:

Looks like the tutorial is bugged! It's taking away your scrap to craft it, then the powder too instead of giving the resources for free. People that already did the tutorial are getting reimbursed the next patch/hotfix.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hit level 3. You CAN mill leaders, but they're legendary so you're gonna pay out the rear end to re craft them. Ended up with almost 3k scrap from my 125 kegs, still got 8 or so free kegs to collect when I finish the challenges for scrap. Pretty satisfying collection too; netted all commons, almost all rares, a good amount of epics, six legendaries, and a buttload of premiums... probably 20 or so, including a legendary premium and three epic premiums.

You get a good amount of powder back from milling premium commons/etc, so if there's a leader/legendaries/etc you really want to turn premium, you can probably do it fairly quickly. Already made 30 powder just getting to level 3 too, so that's nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I cancelled the patch download for later and now I don't even have the option to update. I'm gonna have to uninstall and download the whole game again aren't I?

EDIT: And now I can't reinstall because "Server problem".

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Still amazed that because of the age rating we can't have Poor loving Infantry or even Whoreson Junior, but we can have the Field Medic Premium card, that depicts a woman sawing a guys arm, and the sound of the card is the man screaming in pain and the sound of bone scrapping. It's really cool but also kinda hosed up.

Edit: When you open a premium card shoop says "movie card" :allears:

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 24, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Check out premium serrit. It is legit the goriest thing I've ever seen in a video game. (It's actually too much imo)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Leo Bonhart or Geralt or Keira Metz for pack choice? I know nothing about this.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kawabata posted:

Leo Bonhart or Geralt or Keira Metz for pack choice? I know nothing about this.

You already have Geralt, Leo Bonhart is good but is very specific to a play-style of Nilfgaard(Reveal mechanic) so it needs a lot of support across all colours, while Metz will enhance any starting Northern Realms decks.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Electronico6 posted:

You already have Geralt, Leo Bonhart is good but is very specific to a play-style of Nilfgaard(Reveal mechanic) so it needs a lot of support across all colours, while Metz will enhance any starting Northern Realms decks.

IIRC it was been discussed here that NR is one of the best factions for beginners with semi-competitive decks for not too much dust, am I right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nobody really knows yet. Every deck will have 4 legendaries, 6 epics, and 15 rares/commons so cheaper will just be a function of how many neutral golds/silvers you can run. Before it was more about not having essential legendaries (which NR didnt really have so much, its best cards post-Pavetta were all epics).

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kawabata posted:

IIRC it was been discussed here that NR is one of the best factions for beginners with semi-competitive decks for not too much dust, am I right?

A lot has changed, all decks now have more or less the same dust cost, as the Silver cards are all rare and Gold legendary. NR also changed significantly, so not sure if they are still newbie friendly. The pick in that pack boiled down to "Do I pick a card that is one piece of a larger archetype, or a a card that will improve right away the started deck?" Metz is a much better pick if your just starting out. But hey if Reveal nilfgaard turns out the be this meta cancer deck you can blame me. :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Level up rewards seem to only be kegs, scraps, meteorite powder, and random (?) cards. No more free ciri etc I guess.

Rank up rewards also seem to have been nerfed? I recall getting 800 scraps at some point in closed beta, now it mostly just scales up at 1 keg, 25 scrap, or 100 powder at each individual rank up.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Any rng elements besides deck ordering?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so far 100% opponent playing nilfgard :thinking:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nifft posted:

Any rng elements besides deck ordering?

Nilfgaard has RNG on what cards they reveal I think, but aside from that I can't think of anything. It's a card game though so there's always RNG in what cards you draw.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Minrad posted:

Level up rewards seem to only be kegs, scraps, meteorite powder, and random (?) cards. No more free ciri etc I guess.

Rank up rewards also seem to have been nerfed? I recall getting 800 scraps at some point in closed beta, now it mostly just scales up at 1 keg, 25 scrap, or 100 powder at each individual rank up.
Level 12 was 800 scraps in CB. It was so good.

Also laughing at the guy in reddit who played 12 hours straight to reach rank 13 in CB because the devs made it sound like there would be different level 1-15 borders each season.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Nilfgaard has RNG on what cards they reveal I think, but aside from that I can't think of anything. It's a card game though so there's always RNG in what cards you draw.

Some cards deal damage to 1 random unit or X random units. Gaunter O' Dimm has Gamble where you pick a number below or above 5 and if you hit it right you draw a card, if not your opponent draws a card(it's unplayable).

There is some RNG here and there, but nothing at the level of HS.

Edit: Ah! They changed KoB like I said they would.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 24, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Game's very interesting but holy poo poo are card abilities explained badly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kawabata posted:

Yeah, the keyword system and actual tooltips are a step up from closed beta, but it feels very MTGish where I have to sit and read over how Brave works each time I see it until it's ingrained in my memory.

Only 3 leaders left to beat to finish unlocking all of them, and discard Skellige is whomping on every AI so far except Dagon, who forced me to actually put some clear skies and armorsmiths in my deck. Monster weaaattheeeerrr!! :argh:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kawabata posted:

They switched to a very strange keyword-based explanation style and I had to, like, re-read descriptions of cards I already knew. Holding mouse over a card in battle helps, it'll eventually show the descriptions of all of its keywords.

Also, I tried putting the House that casts Frost back into deck and playing it again with Decoy but it doesn't cast another Frost on the second Deploy. You guys think this is a feature?

EDIT: "I have seen tons of posts today wondering why sometimes Wild Hunt Hound doesn't play a Frost. SUMMON a card means pull one from your deck (if there is one). SPAWN a card means create it out of thin air. So if there are no Frosts left in your deck, you can't Spawn a Frost. Same with Wild Hunt Navigator.
Good luck out there!"

Ah. loving keywords.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm getting some really bad connection issues. Frequent "Connection Lost: Service interrupted. Please verify your connection" after pretty much any loading screen, throwing me back into the "press any key to begin" starting screen. Signing in fails often, repeating the same mentioned message. If I spam any button (to sign in) then it'll eventually go through but so far I've beaten Eithne twice in the ST challenge with no credit due to a disconnect after the match completes. Annoying; and I'm pretty sure the problem's not on my end. I had nothing like this when I played ~a month ago.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

No Wave posted:

Also laughing at the guy in reddit who played 12 hours straight to reach rank 13 in CB because the devs made it sound like there would be different level 1-15 borders each season.

I did this. I also thought the border was exclusive per season, but at least the title was. And I got rewards for this current season that were cool. I also didn't spend nearly 12 hours, only a few.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Trogdos! posted:

I'm getting some really bad connection issues. Frequent "Connection Lost: Service interrupted. Please verify your connection" after pretty much any loading screen, throwing me back into the "press any key to begin" starting screen. Signing in fails often, repeating the same mentioned message. If I spam any button (to sign in) then it'll eventually go through but so far I've beaten Eithne twice in the ST challenge with no credit due to a disconnect after the match completes. Annoying; and I'm pretty sure the problem's not on my end. I had nothing like this when I played ~a month ago.

server issues on launch day are to be expected.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/playgwent/status/867429598413324288

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So many new keywords to learn @_@

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone else think the rank 18 border is way better than rank 21?

By the way, how do you unlock the other character portraits?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Anyone else think the rank 18 border is way better than rank 21?

By the way, how do you unlock the other character portraits?

They are this season rewards. Dandelion for Rank 15, Alt Triss for 21 and leader board 1000-500 for Imlereth.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So weather is still really good and is kicking my rear end every game it's played in. And that's not even Drought/Rag like expected.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Witcher 3 Gwent Music On

It's the best option :banjo:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

So weather is still really good and is kicking my rear end every game it's played in. And that's not even Drought/Rag like expected.

Yeah Gremist is already auto-include in every Skellige deck I play just for the clutch clear skies, and being able to bounce him with sigrfrida is too good when it's a straight weather deck. Weather also adds a lot of value to all the multi-row cards, but then sometimes you play into drought/rag...

I'll probably put together a weather monsters deck at this rate though, weather seems stronger than it did before the change but maybe I need to play it and learn the weaknesses.

Minera fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 24, 2017

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Foltest->Dandelion/roach->temerian foot soldier+2 roided footsoldiers+blue stripes rambo = loving madness.
Even if they manage to lacerate or weather your meatwall it's still a hell of a lot of thinning.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just to be clear, Ciri is still a level-up reward correct?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

frajaq posted:

Just to be clear, Ciri is still a level-up reward correct?

Unless the generic "card"s on the rewards table are the old level up rewards of a specific cards, maybe not. No way to know for a few weeks until people level up again. I'd probably take the Ciri either way.

e: She used to be a level 18 reward, the new reward at 18 is a keg. There is "1x cards" at level 20, but you're probably super safe to grab that Ciri.

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 24, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
drat it takes so long to open kegs. I "only" had 110 I can't imagine how tedious it would be for people with like 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Minrad posted:

Unless the generic "card"s on the rewards table are the old level up rewards of a specific cards, maybe not. No way to know for a few weeks until people level up again. I'd probably take the Ciri either way.

e: She used to be a level 18 reward, the new reward at 18 is a keg. There is "1x cards" at level 20, but you're probably super safe to grab that Ciri.

Yeah I don't think I would play a Kambi deck anyway. Done