Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Put a link to Gwent streamers in the OP? When I'm desperate and lifecoach isn't on... I guess I'll watch noxious or ppd urgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

It's still brutal for any newbie to pick up the game though. HS has atk/def values clearly illustrated but holy hell is it a pain for me to try and learn what a new card does just from watching someone play and not explain.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So many new keywords to learn @_@

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "do something about the keywords." The keywords have definitions that pop up when you hover over the cards, so you can learn what each card does in a few seconds the first time you see them, and that is just reinforced if you see them multiple times.

It's hella aggravating to open kegs and not understand what any of the keywords mean

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

Is there any word on whether the GOG version will carry over to the mystical UWP "You can play this on Xbox too!" version? I'd rather not jump on this only to have to restart in x months when the UWP version comes out.

What the hell is UWP?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really wish this game was a bit more "curiosity" friendly.

Yeah the fact that I can't loving right-click to cancel a card move drives me insane

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Some of the popular streamers/youtubers must be consulting or testing some of the changes and they kind of let things slip every now and then, and one of the things they let slip seems to be a patch in less than a week and a half that is addressing a lot of things. One of them is Rag (nerf), another is Queensguard (nerf) and another is Northern Realms (buff). That's all I could really piece together from vague allusions on their videos.

It's great playing this game early, especially for ranked. Just hit level 10, placed immediately into rank 7, which is free kegs and stuff. Try and hit rank 10 as soon as you can, then go into ranked mode just so it auto-places you.

You're already rank 10 :negative: I'm still just rank 3 from getting my 6 crowns a day.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Seedge posted:

Protip! If you have three Wild Hunt Riders boosting each other with their Trio ability, don't play a fourth or it'll switch them all off.

Well that's contre-intuitive as gently caress

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh did the Open Beta move the new day rollover from 7EST to 8EST?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Gorp posted:

I did it. I beat 4 Clear Skies in a single game.
Fun fact about this deck, you never get a Good Game bonus after the round.

Oh my god

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

I would like to have more details of my profile, things like history of matches, Win/lose ratio, % of games played with every faction, etc. I hope they implement that stuff at some point.

GwentTracker tracks this for you http://www.gwent-tracker.com/

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I played a Weather Monsters tweaked deck that runs 3x griffins that clear weather to beat Dagon

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I run renew because I opened one and I don't have any other more exciting golds and it's better than royal decree which ends up a dead card in later rounds.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

dead comedy forums posted:

Any of you guys coming from hearthstone? Would love to hear some comparisons, thx in advance :buddy:

Beyond what the guys above said about devs being better (it's true), I jumped ship during closed beta.

Advantages over HS:
-Easy landmarks each day (win 6 crowns, win 12 crowns) that I prefer over the HS quest system
-As a result of the above, you can accumulate cards faster. You can casually average 1-2 kegs a day easily.
-Each game feels more involved. I play HS on my second monitor while browsing/watching twitch
-Due to rarity restrictions, there is effectively a cap on the cost of a deck
-It genuinely plays like a different game and it's a fun change of pace for someone who's been playing HS since the beta like me

Cons over HS:
-Oh god the UI

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Darke GBF posted:

Game is wigging out for me today. After every game no option to send GG, and hitting Next just shows a swirling loading symbol endlessly. Really annoying.

poo poo me too

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Jesus Christ the amount of exp needed to unlock ranked mode is insane.

I know. I've been slow rolling getting 6 crowns a day and i'm still rank 6. :negative:

I'm F2P except for dropping 20$ on kegs so my collection isn't diverse enough to build a competitive ranked deck anyway because I'm unwilling to mill everything but my main deck.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

extra stout posted:

Is there a non GoG Galaxy way to play? Client still crashes on launch a year later.

If you could somehow download the game, running the game doesn't actually require the GoG launcher unless you want to challenge a friend.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Flayer posted:

I've opened 6 Wild Hunt Riders, wish I could have swapped one with you! I've noticed a weird little bug with them too - since there are actually 3 different rider cards they won't necessarily auto mill when you actually have extra copies - you can have up to 9 of the buggers before they can be milled with the mill all extra cards button.

That's not a bug though that's a feature because of the different art cards. It's kinda annoying but different art is cool

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I do wish they had an option somewhere for milling the alt art cards. Have "keep 3 of one kind" or "keep 1 of each kind" and have the auto-mill mill the others. I hear they plan on allowing crafting in the deck construction screen soon so that will help a bit, but doesn't do anything for cards/factions you aren't playing.

This would be amazing

Darke GBF posted:

Think of lock as "removes any card text on this unit". It gets rid of everything but boosts and strengthens.

Unlocking a locked card resets it to normal before buffs right? If something locks my Ekimara, will it get resilience back?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Are Crones good? It feels like a trap given that decks are limited to 6 silvers. My brother has been complaining that he lacks flexibility since he has 3 crones + weather/lock mages.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

RatHat posted:

Swim's Spellgaard deck is pretty incredible, probably because people don't know how to play against it yet. It's basically Spell ST but with Nilfgaard.

EDIT: A deck tracker is reaaaally useful for this deck.

All of Swim's decks on GwentDB are great. Super useful writeups, card explanations, craft orders and budget versions / replacements. http://www.gwentdb.com/members/swim/decks

I finally hit level 10 and unlocked ranked after grinding with a modified Frost/Weather hybrid.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 4, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

What the poo poo Christ is with weather monster decks??? I just played 3 ranked matches against 3 weather monster decks and lost to all of them. How the gently caress do you counter them????

Scroll up

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Why does the game send you back to deck selection sometimes when it finds an opponent? I assume it's some kind of bug and not important, but maybe im missing something.

Presumably it's because it finds the opponent but then fails to connect the two of you together

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kawabata posted:

yeah and he's also #38 in ladder with them

"heh, deck is kind of bad but let's play it a bit more"

*stays at 3300+ MMR the whole time*

Ah, so like the reverse of hsdogdog.

Minrad posted:

Expect lots of monster and weather on ranked today

swim and noxious are both trying out monster decks on their streams today

I've played nothing but Monster Weather since open beta :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Magic Underwear posted:

I saw a game of spell NG played and didn't really understand it. I guess the idea is to have nothing but gold units and disruption, thereby making opponent disruption cards useless? How do you ensure your enforcers promote?

What the above posters said. Here's the decklist: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/20173-updated-swims-spellgaard

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

dead comedy forums posted:

Hey guys, please, how is that for a lower rank deck? Thanks in advance :buddy:

http://imgur.com/a/X4rJS

Not bad. I like Wild Hunt Riders instead of Ghouls though because you can maybe proc Trio or you get resilience if you lose the round.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lester Shy posted:

Is Savage Bear supposed to stop deploy effects from going off? I just played my Wyvern into my opponent's Savage Bear and I didn't get to deal any damage to any of his units. I could understand SB killing 1 health units before they can trigger their deploy effects, but the Wyvern has 6 health.

Did the Wyvern die? It's an oversight. New patch that should be hitting Monday should fix it. All battlecries should proc before you lose the unit I believe.

Also is the Bekker Monster list you guys talking about this one?
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18560-1-ladder-dagon-fog

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I was going to write a longer post but honestly monsters has everything. Bronze Triss is their third best bronze card. They have their own Tibor. I guess the one thing they don't have is over the top Nilfgaard silvers.

Monsters doesn't really have the room for that anyway if you're running 3x Crones, 1x Mage.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

You should already have a Peter from the starter deck. According to http://gwentify.com/card-picker/ the choice is Ocvist. I've never seen Pavetta played against me.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Post nerf Tibor is still good right?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Does any deck actually run MYRGTABRAKKE?

Choices are Myrgtabrakke, Grave Hag and Trollololo. I play Dagon/Weather but was gonna grab Grave Hag in the event I ever switch it up to a Consume deck, but gwentify picker says I should grab the dragon.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So has the meta settled post-patch yet? I need a new deck to change it up from my Dagon deck. NR Machine maybe?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I talked myself out of making Swim's Machine deck and joined the darkside and made a bear deck :negative:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ShowTime posted:

He is still really good, especially in the current meta where people like to run units like Dol Blathana Protector, Spotter and Pirate Captain. Sometimes you can get him up to 20 strength and deny them a powerful piece of their combo.

I wonder if it's worth swapping Coral for Regis:Vamp in my Panda Bears deck to gently caress with decks that rely on bronze unit synergy

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

I just voted the gwent thread a 1 in revenge for lifecoach being alive. Enjoy your time playing Gwant.

Friendo this is a thread for disgruntled HS players not happy HS koolaid drinkers

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

True enough. I do wish there were general "good luck" type comments, but those would probably be taken sarcastically anyways.

The "Hello" HS emote tilts me because I am a raging salt baby :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

dipwood posted:

I think this was my biggest Scorch yet. I revived Gremist to apply a fog to the middle row to get them all to line up in power.

A reveal NG!! What rank is that?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I still get driven completely insane by the black screen post-mulligan. Like so bad that it makes me stop playing and I'm normally pretty resilient to UI issues. It just blanks you out at the most interesting point of the game, when you've drawn new cards for a round.

I just stare at my Gwent Tracker and hope to notice which card I drew fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bizarro Kale posted:

There's a trick to get around this, if you hover over a card in the graveyard menu and hold Tab the menu will hide and you can see the card on the right of the board - highlighted red if in their graveyard or blue if in your graveyard.

OMG