Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I cancelled the patch download for later and now I don't even have the option to update. I'm gonna have to uninstall and download the whole game again aren't I?

EDIT: And now I can't reinstall because "Server problem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nifft posted:

Any rng elements besides deck ordering?

Nilfgaard has RNG on what cards they reveal I think, but aside from that I can't think of anything. It's a card game though so there's always RNG in what cards you draw.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone else think the rank 18 border is way better than rank 21?

By the way, how do you unlock the other character portraits?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
drat it takes so long to open kegs. I "only" had 110 I can't imagine how tedious it would be for people with like 500.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The AI is really, really dumb.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Made a Skellige enemy damage deck for the challenges and haven't lost yet, it's pretty funny. Probably wouldn't work as well in ranked because people would be running Dimeritium bomb, Shackles, Scorch, ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait how is Kayren an insectoid? It's basically a giant squid/octopus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Opponents keep trying to Lock my Yennefer Conjurer and then are forced to lock their own minion since you can't cancel it. :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Should I craft Ragh Nah Roog or Drought? Which is better?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, locking Queenguard doesn't stop them from reviving. I guess that makes sense since it's the ability of the played one that's reviving them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Cow+Buff+Wild Boar of the Sea is pretty legit. This is old though so Wild Boar won't buff itself and it can't protect the Chorts from Scorch but still seems pretty good.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 28, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought you could stack weather.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nilfgaard looks really fun with their ridiculous deck thinning but those decks are so expensive.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oops, Decoy doesn't work on Operator.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder how they'll nerf Queensguard. Losing 3 power(1 each) isn't enough but losing 6(2 each) might be too much. I guess maybe remove their Veteran ability? So they'd be the same strength in round 1, 3 less round 2, and 6 less round 3.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steve2911 posted:

I'd say having three (at least) different scales for card quality is pretty silly, design wise. Bronze, silver, gold, fine. Animated special versions, cool. But then the white, blue, purp, orange scale on top of that? :psyduck:

That's why they changed golds and silvers to always be the same rarity.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just realized most Premium cards also have audio. Sadly you can only hear it if you actually own the card though.

EDIT: Also jiggle physics

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 29, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So many people fall for the Operator/Priestess of Freya/Savage Bear trap. :allears:

Minrad posted:

nothing feels as good as willingly tying a game you can win for your opponent :unsmith:

What happens with that? Do both players just get credit for winning 2 rounds?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 29, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's easy to counter if you have specific cards, yeah. But some factions don't have a way to do that. And if you can't counter it then it's hilariously strong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Class Warcraft posted:

Please explain

If Savage Bear kills something as it's played the Deploy effect doesn't go off. So people try to play their free Priestess of Freya only for it to die and do absolutely nothing.

That's also why Savage Bear is great against Nilfguard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darke GBF posted:

Really really want to build a Letho deck with d-bomb, because apparently his effect isn't strengthening him, but boosting. Not sure if intended, but Letho is a cool fuckin' character and I want to play him in a deck.

Almost certainly a bug that will be fixed. As it is he's super insane and can singlehandedly counter a lot of deck types.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just make it so you don't get rewards unless both players GG, it's not complicated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ShowTime posted:

So the Eithne all-spell deck is pretty loving dumb and fun. I was having a rough time today, probably winning like 10-20% of my games and decided to try this one out. I couldn't really find a deck I was having fun with and this one is really fun. I like playing control decks and John Calveit control wasn't really cutting it. I don't like that spy nonsense at all and can't get behind it. There really isn't another control deck out there and this one is pretty fun.

Turns out the best way to counter weather is to not play any minions.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Minrad posted:

mill both of them

He's not THAT bad. 13 power for a gold is fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Denying a mulligan for one round doesn't really seem that strong to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keira is probably the worst "Mage" character right? She's gold too. By Mage I mean the "Choose 1 of 3 spells" thing, most of those cards just happen to be Mages.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone else think it's a little weird that the winner of the previous round gets to go first? Seems like it should be the loser.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Made a super frost heavy Monsters deck. Yep it's super busted and is gonna get nerfed into the ground.

Megazver posted:

Okay, quick keg question:

Zoltan Chivay or Varbjorn? Don't really play either decks atm, tbh.

Varbjorn is one of the worst Golds in the game.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 31, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's something I just learned: Nithral increases Frost damage for BOTH players.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chomp8645 posted:

That feel when your own Nithral is frosted to death.

Yeah I guess I learned not to play that in a mirror unless I have tons of frost in my hand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of that have you guys transmuted any premiums? I've made one: Roach.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobo Clown posted:

Does transmuting do anything other than make it animated? No change in stats?

Yes, it's just cosmetic. But there's no other use for meteorite powder so

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Weather always goes first but I could be wrong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Seriously what the hell is up with the exp to unlock ranked mode, and how the poo poo have so many people done it already. I'm pretty sure I've played like 100 games already and I'm only level 6, the open beta is gonna be over before I unlock it at this rate.

You get more exp if you win.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BabyRyoga posted:

Someone explain to me how Morkvarg revives and goes up in power rather than down (IE during a round change).

Base Strength.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'd complain about the games lagging out and disconnecting but it gives you a free win so

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just fought a Dwarf ST deck that was entirely Premium :stare:

EDIT: Ugh Nilfgaard mirrors. So many cows.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 1, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of that weren't there alternate alt for Nekkers in Closed Beta? Why'd they remove them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Minrad posted:

I'm trying to think what's the hardest first round all in you could do to make someone give up and pass round 1. Probably just the typical Tibir and Hjalmar all ins? Playing a Succubus or a Wild Boar to bait an early pass? I'm gonna give it a try with Morv and Tibir/roach all ins and see how it goes.

Yen Conjurer would probably work too.