Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

nerox posted:

If you are like me and never played any of the witcher games except for Gwent, they are all heavily discounted on Steam right now.

Don't buy Witcher 1, it's really really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It's not quite THAT bad, it's about as bad as Two Worlds 1. And way less optimized. And barely anything relevant to the next two games happens so I suggest just reading a summary of the plot on Wikipedia.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Morkvarg suffers for your T1 deck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

frajaq posted:

I have a Premium Avallac'h, is there any serious deck that uses him? I hated him in Witcher 3 and could use some excuse to dust this legendary

He can really gently caress over decks like Spy Nilfgaard or Queensguard by drawing the cards they wanted to pull for "free".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'd rather have an Uma card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ciri Dash only works in very specific decks while Tibor is in pretty much every Nilfgaard deck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Auckes is such a versatile card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you're relying on drawing her then you're doing it wrong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not all Queensguard decks even run Cerys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Turns out Succubus is a pretty good counter to Morkvarg.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's gotta be inconsistent as gently caress with that many cards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Xtanstic posted:

Unlocking a locked card resets it to normal before buffs right? If something locks my Ekimara, will it get resilience back?

Mostly yeah. It depends on if the resilience is a deploy ability or passive. If it's passive then you'll get it back if you unlock that unit. IIRC Ekkimara is passive.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just tried to Dimeritium Bomb my opponent's Unseen Elder. :v:

EDIT: Just realized the audio of Roach's premium card is a horse remix of the Gwent theme.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 4, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Crones' theme is pretty good too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Xtanstic posted:

Are Crones good? It feels like a trap given that decks are limited to 6 silvers. My brother has been complaining that he lacks flexibility since he has 3 crones + weather/lock mages.

If you can afford to effectively run only 3 silvers, then yeah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if Borkh/Villentretenmerth is demoted and is the highest value unit on the board he'll just Scorch himself and then not do the 2nd Scorch because he's dead. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not, seems like the 2nd Scorch should go off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah unless you know 100% that there will be a better opportunity you should probably use him when you can kill ~15 points of stuff with him. I've definitely been screwed by getting too greedy and waiting too long. Some decks don't really have a way to move units so you can wait until the last minute though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 4, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Swim's Spellgaard deck is pretty incredible, probably because people don't know how to play against it yet. It's basically Spell ST but with Nilfgaard.

EDIT: A deck tracker is reaaaally useful for this deck.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 4, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He has super helpful videos for them too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah there's not really any counter to Dbomb in that deck since the Enforcers aren't agile.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Skellige Storm is going to get nerfed so hard. I'm guessing it'll be 1/1/2 instead of the 1/2/3 it is now. So better than Frost on a board with less than 5 units, better than Fog/Rain hitting one unit, but worse in other cases.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Probably Cynthia. I've literally never seen the other 2 played.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah maybe you're right. 1/2/2 I guess?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BabyRyoga posted:

It's already the worst of the non-bronze weathers, why would they nerf it?

Seriously? White Frost is niche as hell and Merigold's Hailstorm is usually just a worse D-Bomb.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Tech in D-bomb, that deck is really weak to it. Shackles too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BabyRyoga posted:

Hailstorm isn't even a weather is it? It's just a nuke I thought. Most weathers might as well be nukes, they are cleared extremely quickly. White Frost actually has a chance of staying on the board when used in monster decks that have 3 normal frosts and Caranthir, though.

Well yeah I guess it isn't anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No I'm speaking as someone who is using it. And most decks don't have the luxury to drop down golds(besides leader) whenever they want.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Cynthia is generally just a silver Geralt that reveals a card. There are definitely better NG silvers but she's still pretty solid, especially in a reveal deck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So It Goes posted:

I was playing consume the other day and noticed nekkars being proc'd off of, I think, effects where you choose cards out of an option like water hag and ge'els. I honestly don't get it

It's just a bug from a previous iteration of Water Hag I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I only just realized Cyprian Wiley is Whoreson Junior. :v:

EDIT: Also I got Radovid as my rank 20 reward. Thanks, I guess?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aww, I just got to rank 15 but I guess I don't get the Witcher 2 Dandelion avatar until the season ends?

EDIT: Also I have to END the season in the top 1000 to get the Ilmerith avatar right? Or is it just getting there at any time?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 6, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any compensation for people who already hit level 20 and got a leader card from it? I mean it's still a free epic so it's not a huge deal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well Queensguard is probably dead. No Veteran and no way to stop Vicovaro medic anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Minrad posted:

Dethmold no longer pulls blue stripe commandos...

It means mages don't immediately die to Skellige Storm so you can decoy them to clear it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
ST slightly weaker, Skellige much weaker, Nilfgaard pretty much the same aside from golem nerf, Northern Realms machine decks might actually be good now?, Monsters buffed.

EDIT: Skellige Storm is left to right now for some reason.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^^ Frost is not being changed anymore.

I guess it means spawned units won't get hit for 3, which is probably a good thing for monster decks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Magic Underwear posted:

I saw a game of spell NG played and didn't really understand it. I guess the idea is to have nothing but gold units and disruption, thereby making opponent disruption cards useless? How do you ensure your enforcers promote?

You draw a lot of cards and manipulate the order of your deck with Leader ability x 2 with Cahir, Cantarella, ect. It's very consistent but sometimes you just garbage luck. I've went from rank 10 to 15 in the last few days with it though so it's obviously strong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er did they say WHEN the patch would be?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man I like Swim but he way overthinks a lot of plays and takes forever. Lifecoach 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Somebody noticed that in the stream Impera Enforcers were changed to look at the top CARD in your deck now, not unit. So RIP Spellgaard.