Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Succubus' timer is start of turn, Rot Tosser is end of turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea this.

They need to do a better job explaining when the timers go off during a turn.

But it says right on the card...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep, Letho too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Help I've fallen in love with Discard/Ciri:Dash/Johnny decks but they're not that great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why would you play a card game on PC with a controller...?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are you guys serious? Of course it's random.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Subvisual Haze posted:

Play Ciri to give yourself a 15-20 point lead and watch the other player descend into indecisive anguish. Do they go down 2 more cards to win the round at huge card cost but deny you Ciri back? Or do they pass giving you the easy first round and also your Ciri back as card advantage. Bring along Roach's weak rear end for another 4 points unto the decision ledger.

Uh other way around. Ciri returns to your hand when you LOSE the round.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've been using this Monsters consume deck to great success. The matchup against Dagon is a bit rough but it does really well against everyone else. The only issue I have with the deck is that sometimes you get screwed in the mulligan but usually it's fine.

Also Grave hag is really underrated.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 21, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh yeah I didn't think of that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That happens if he draws a lock and you lock him too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Gorp posted:

Make weather take a turn before hurting things.

Just at the end of turn would be good enough I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Control Volume posted:

You should be using the succubus to steal the savage bear anyways

No it's better to save it for Morkvarg.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hjalmar dropping 2 points would put it in line with Tibor and Kayran.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No, decks will almost always go for the minimum amount of cards to increase consistency. The only ones that wouldn't are decks that have lots of ways to deckthin but there aren't quite enough cards in Gwent yet to do that for 30+ card decks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The difference is that those golems come out in addition to Calveit's ability.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

gently caress these stupid goddamn Kambi decks, even with shackles they have like 3 ways to unlock them.

Every game devolving into "play some gigantic bullshit card right at the very end of the game that can't be answered" is really lame. Oops, you spent the entire round building a 50 point lead? Welp haha here's a single card to completely negate every play you made this round.

If you can, shackle Hjalmar instead of Kambi.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really don't understand why they switched Frost and Rain's effects, especially without completely reworking Caranthir/Nithral to compensate.

Anyway Bear got buffed by 1 but it doesn't affect spawned units now which was the main thing that made it insane. It'll still be played because it still ends up generating great value but it won't be as oppressive.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Subvisual Haze posted:

I am so mystified why they decided to make it so Calveit can't pull golds anymore. Golems not actively loving with his ability is a sensible change, but hardly balance out his loss of gold pulling or even simply seeing them to better predict future draws. Was Calveit's 45% win percentage just too oppressive? Or was making Calveit progressively shittier the only idea they could come up with to make someone/anyone play Emyr? Reveal is looking pretty good though!

Yeah one of the biggest reasons to play him in the first place was to be able to know what the next 2 cards in your deck are, so you can manipulate what you draw with Cantarella/Cahir/ect. I bet Emhyr will see a lot more play after this patch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"The next few days" so probably Wednesday?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You don't have to worry about the other player taking your own Regis Higher Vampire anymore. Also you can still renew opponent's Succubus/Letho because it's in your own graveyard(but not your own Succubus/Letho).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Succubus is still gonna be really, really good when your opponent's doesn't have a D. Shackles. The change just makes it so you can't immediately un-lock it with Fiend/D. Shackles to counter that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Up Circle posted:

who is schirru?

Some elf from the books I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Succubus currently goes off even when both players have passed. It's a fun way to bamboozle someone. Normally the 2nd pass immediately ends the round and end of turn effects don't go off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Reality Winner posted:

Have they talked about bringing this to phones at all?

It'll come eventually but not until the game is at least out of beta. Look how long Hearthstone's took to come out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

General Morden posted:

But we can agree that Blizzard is a billion times better at balancing than CDPR right?

The problem is Blizzard takes like 6 months to nerf something and never buffs anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

General Morden posted:

How is that a problem?

Imagine bear meta. For 6 months. And useless cards will stay useless, forever.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

General Morden posted:

Long metas are a good thing. And it's also technically good for there to be useless cards. It's healthy for the game.

You're gonna have to explain these.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh did Sweers used to work on Revealed cards in your opponent's hand?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Reveal seems really popular now. Mirrors are pretty funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh that's true. I took him out because they can just mulligan that card to reset it but that isn't an issue with Spotters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I just run 2 Mardroeme in addition to Peter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well even if he does literally nothing he's 9 strength now. The bigger issue is what Silver to cut.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Magic Underwear posted:

Huge shock that now that weather doesn't exist every deck is solitare row stacking idiocy.

Lacerate is still a thing though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently the unit debuffed by Serrit keeps that power if it's mulliganed away. I learned this after my opponent used Marching Orders(presumably to get Grave Hag) but got the Arachas Behemoth I debuffed earlier. :v:

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 6, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geralt: Igni or Regis Higher Vampire I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Huh, just had someone playing a Calveit deck play back to back Geralt: Ignis against me, as in they were both on the board at the same time. I've never seen that happen, and I can't think of how it's possible. I wasn't paying super close attention but is there some way to clone a gold card like that that I'm just blanking on?

Johnny or Treason?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't understand what just happened. I played Udalryk and got the choice of Clan Dimun Pirate and Ciri:Dash. I picked Clan Dimun Pirate but got Ciri:Dash in my hand instead, and nothing went into my graveyard. The hell?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

I don't understand what just happened. I played Udalryk and got the choice of Clan Dimun Pirate and Ciri:Dash. I picked Clan Dimun Pirate but got Ciri:Dash in my hand instead, and nothing went into my graveyard. The hell?

Ok I found out what happened. What Udalryk actually does is discard a card and then draw the top card of your deck. Since Ciri: Dash goes back into your deck there's a chance it can be the top card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What other faction could they possibly use if they still want to draw all their characters from the games/books? The only thing I can think of is separating the Wild Hunt from Monsters and making it it's own faction. Well there's also Toussaint but they've said it's going to be part of Nilfgaard. The only other option is making their own lore and characters for something like Zerrikania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Crones/Crookbag bog theme playing on the main menu is a nice touch.