Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’d probably spend money if I could just buy shards to only play the tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Knowlue posted:

I'm rewarded with being too lazy to use all my kegs on the epic keg promotion

This. Need to set a reminder to actually do it this time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
They’re saving me from myself not offering the shards. I only play at all for the arena

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there a release date for PS4 I don’t think I’ve seen it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So to be clear since I’m not a pc guy and haven’t really followed; the beta gwent that was around the last couple years is dead dead right? Loved it but I was hopelessly addicted so probably for the best

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Awesome. Wish it was the previous 3 row version but I’ll take it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh poo poo it’s on IOS? I’m back in :slick: I preferred the original as well but if it’s portable I can gently caress with it and figure it out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone else running into a lot of Skellige Crow players? Seems quite unbeatable!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If you played a lot of the beta pre thronebreaker like me it’s pretty cool

Just jumped back in after seeing it finally on IOS and have played pretty much non stop :shrug:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Yeah. The cards have been rebalanced several times which ultimately lead to a very diverse meta. The game has more back and forth interactions and less of a solitaire feel. There are also far more cards and an additional faction to choose from now because there have been expansions. Population is strong enough that I match within seconds every time.

Skellige Crow is a very risky deck to play because by default all the crows will have the same power . That leaves multiple effects that can damage or wipe out all of them at once depending on the card or board state. Also it lacks machines. It may be able to poo poo out crows very quickly but other decks can create chain reactions that will boost themselves, damage you, or both every turn.

Yea once I got over the awe of New Thing I sorted out a bit of strategy that at least didn’t get overwhelmed

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boy is The Wild Boar broken

Know how to beat it but it’s VERY ANNOYING!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not sure why people like doing this but if you’re playing seasonal against nilfgaard and your opponent plays operator with thirsty dame, pass right away. They’re about to break the game giving both infinite status boosts and I haven’t found a way to get out of the match without closing the app

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man playing a nilfgard deck is a loving blast if you have a crippling addiction to this game and have a great grasp on every factions strategy like myself :negative:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I throw out scenario but rarely even finish it. Just use it mainly as a decoy to get the opp to play scared and steal a round

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 24, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dennyk posted:

Playing a crazy Skellige Discard deck right now with Shupe, Radeyah, and Kambi. It's been far more successful than it has any right to be; opponents really don't know what to make of it, and it seems no one expects you to just poof that last winning card right out of their hand (often taking their leader ability and any Orders that were activating on their last turn with it). Also, having a Monsters opponent try to bleed me with a Yghern opener in R2 and then yoinking it with Shupe never gets old.

I haven’t figured a way to consistently beat skellige discard yet but I legit enjoy playing against this deck because of how cool the strategy is with it.

rydiafan posted:

You have to do them in order.

IIRC none of them require actually winning, so you can make a throwaway deck with everything you have that matches the keyword, then just lose a few games in seasonal or unranked real quick. I believe you should have at least a couple cards of every required type from the starting decks.

I get what CDPR was trying to do, encourage people to try different styles, but I think literally everyone just does what I described above.

Pretty much, but I admit I never would’ve actually gave a nilfgaard deck a shot if it wasn’t for the journey challenge for agents

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 26, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What is rage afk?

Hoo boy I have just 0 answers for the skellige Queen strategy. Just pretty much luck out and banish her if they play it round one so I don’t see it again.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 1, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do not understand why I see so many doing the “boost your opponent” challenge so difficult when Yennifer of Vengerburg exists

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That’s good advice, thank you. I’ve still got Wild Boar ptsd so I’ve still been trying to get a short r3 but I’m seeing more of the Queen deck with skellige now so just a matter of adjusting.

Switching to nilfgaard and the many shut down options available has made wild boar pretty trivial anyway

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also I’m assuming trisserate is conjurer with lacerate?

Despite how often I’m playing I don’t know the terms and barely remember the names :saddowns: not because I’m too cool but an idiot, you see

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Me every month: well this is a stupid gimmick match

Smash cut to it being all I play and zeroing out the opps when I find an OP (for that moment) deck

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea veil has me the most intrigued out of that set.

Shocked by how many players I’ve run into who purchased the pack already

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dennyk posted:

Hah, Oneiromancy is literally a Royal Decree that can play any type of card (instead of just units) and recycles itself to the top of your deck at the start of the next round after you've used it. Double Ball/Gedy will become a hell of a lot easier to pull off, and Lippy decks will be consistent more often; you can just Oneiromancy your nasty scenario/unit out in R1 (or pull any other good card if you also drew it) and you're guaranteed to get Oneiromancy back to pull it again in R3 (barring Squirrel/Xavier or NG shenanigans, of course).

Edit: My NG Assimilate deck crammed full of nasty tactics and powerful special cards is just as much fun as I thought it'd be in the Season of Magic seasonal mode. In my first three games I've won with an empty opposing board in two, one of which was a 2-0 while a card down against another NG Assimilate deck. (Protip: If you're gonna play Seasonal, you gotta commit to the gimmick. You can't just cram a few more bronze specials into your bog standard meta deck and call it good. If every card you play isn't taking maximum advantage of the rules one way or another, you're losing out on a ton of value. I easily won every game I played against other NR decks with my extra-greedy Uprising deck in the Viper seasonal because they were all trying to go midrange with Draug or Maulers or Kiera and shite instead of just focusing on boosting the gently caress out of everything in sight and then dropping a Yrden for a finisher.)

Link to the NG tactic set up your using?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks man 😊

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks x2 😊

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Are elves just a bad matchup for NG? I mained them before switching so I’d think I’d have a bit of idea of what to stop but nope. And I always kicked NGs rear end too, thought it was because I was good :saddowns:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol just lost to a dude who only played coocack a ballast and vandergrift somehow. I need to just uninstall this poo poo

As predicted just needed to share my failure to stop overthinking

Now to figure out this loving Monsters living armor strategy

Another edit! : Happened to run into that vandergrift rear end in a top hat again and won, huzzah

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 6, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

rydiafan posted:

Cahir your Living Armor. Death's Shadow your Cahir to play your Living Armor. Renew Cahir to play your Living Armor. Play your Living Armor.

Sorry I meant figure out how to beat it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
gently caress, that’s a good point. Just don’t see same strength tall often enough to shoehorn scorch but igni may be worth it. Maybe replace de wett. Thanks

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Reinstalled the game a couple of days ago and still enjoying it. Except when I faced a ball deck and now I never want to face that matchup again. Are Syndicate decks fun? The mechanics look neat and I can easily craft up a set. Been toying around with a ST deadeye with veronossiel. Are there any other triggers for this combo or ways to summon her if you don't draw/mulligan it?

Syndicate decks are extremely fun once you get a handle on the coin system and not everyone knows how to handle the variations that can be thrown out.

And I personally like screaming about whatever Ewald Borsodi screams about when you play him (best voice actor in the game) as well as HERE COMES THE loving BOAT when you hit the coin threshold for the flying redanian

My wife hates this game.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 12, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This dude just used Assire for double shupe lmao gently caress nilfgaard

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

rydiafan posted:

Nilfgaard is such a weird faction. They actually have the worst win rate of any faction, yet everybody hates them and thinks they're overpowered just because they're so frustrating to play against.

Yea I was having a blast playing NG and get the appeal for sure but once I kept track of my record I was only winning like 1 out of 5

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dennyk posted:

NG is control and control is always frustrating to play against, because it disrupts your game plan and makes you feel like you can't do anything to prevent it. Of course that also makes it the most fun to play, if you like trolling your opponent.

That said, it's also a decently powerful faction and can definitely compete at the top tier in the current meta. I suspect the overall win rate is because it is one of the most difficult factions to pilot (along with Syndicate), especially for newbies. NG has no real big point value plays, and its primary engine archetype (Assimilate) is powered by stealing and playing your opponent's units, which (outside of the mirror) don't have any synergy with yours, as opposed to, say, Thrive or Harmony, which just require you to slam down your own fully optimized set of valuable synergized units in the right order. Almost every NG deck gets its value primarily from denying value to the opponent, and to make that work, you have to have a really good idea of what your opponent is going to be doing and how they're going to beat you, otherwise you'll be wasting your control on less valuable units and won't be able to answer your opponent's big plays.

Best Shupe deck I ever saw was in the current Seasonal, actually. Opponent was running SK Second Wind with Lippy and Shupe; played Shupe in R1, then dropped Lippy to reshuffle both Shupe specials into his now tiny deck so he'd draw both in R2. R2, he played those four Shupes and then brought Lippy back with Second Wind to put all four back into the deck (along with the rest of his cards). Dude ended up playing Shupe like ten times, all in all; it was hilarious (and one of the few decks to beat my NG Assimilate special spam deck in Seasonal).

😂 ok I would actually respect that. I actually think now skellige may be my favorite to play against because it seems more skill and strategy than cheese with them

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So long third round against a lippy deck is a no go now with this bone talisman and Trish talisman wrinkle I’ve seen added more

Great

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any good discard decks anyone’s been using? I think it’s time for me to do the discard last card of your hand gimmick

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dennyk posted:

I've been playing this Shupe Kambi discard meme deck, and it's a blast. Opponents often don't quite know what to make of it, which sometimes works to its advantage. Just don't expect to make Pro Rank with it or anything.

Kambi can work even in non-discard decks as well, though it's still pretty memey and inconsistent (it really needs last say or it's mostly useless unless your opponent plays Matta), and some decks like Lippy might have trouble fitting it and retaining enough power to win R1.

Thanks and yea I noticed. Shoehorned it into a greatswords deck and it’s been a hell of a fun troll to use on the inevitable second round push to kick the card they’re holding for the last ditch to take the second or for the last round

* chefs kiss

Really have to get used to the “push round 2 no matter what” strategy people have against skellige. Pretty annoying!

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 24, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh wait the expansion will cost? I was thinking it was just an update.

Well poo poo I guess I have to spend money for the first time on this 😕

Edit: oh it is free. Pre order is the head start card bundle

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 30, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Patch notes are up today. Weather is going to be a biiiiitch going forward

RNR no longer lasts forever 🥳🥳🥳

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Love that harmony isn’t autopilot as much anymore

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For what it’s worth I’m at 80% win rate in seasonal with monsters. Thrive with trisscerate and syanna with the geralts (of rivia and professional) has been dominant

That new master mirror loading screen is creepy as poo poo. Well done cdpr

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also all my losses are to NR so maybe try them!