Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
3rd post in a row but I was wondering why skellige wasn’t dominant but it turns out I hadn’t ran into a good one yet. Cerys + ESL + crowmother with lippy is quite difficult to overcome.

I’m just passing on SK matchups now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Was running Ozzie indeed and Liggins neutralized lippy decently

Which reminds me how annoying it is there aren’t many banish options. The one cheap one with NG isn’t even available anymore and Frost Queen just adds to carry over units

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I spoke out of my rear end before seeing squirrel. As of now everyone is playing with the new toys anyway so not much lippy in ranked. Monsters are strong asf and I’m a full on FROSTBOY

Auberon is an absolute minimum 13 point play. Him with Ozzie is a killer finisher.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 1, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So skellige is crazy strong and I’m on the cusp of pro running them

Currently on level 1

Me! this idiot! Who learned just yesterday my 50k accumulation of ore can be used for barrels and learned such advanced strategies since posting in this thread as, looking at my deck before mulliganing a billion times and you probably should use valuable cards for valuable target trades :downs:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My deck actually uses one GS and no dagur. Rupture is stupid strong and with harald/second wind you have multiple chances to get your GS out of the graveyard

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I am going to play with it 😬

SC is hopelessly weak. That faction got really screwed

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This spy deck has been pretty fun. Turns out people hate it when you invo Joachim their leaders 🤷🏾‍♂️

https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/68cce986d83b343699620805f23807ae

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok there has got to be a way I’m just not clicking with of beating the monsters ethereal strategy. I haven’t seen any complaints of it being broken so I’m guessing there’s something super obvious I’m missing

There’s moving tall units to kind of block it but you have to have it specifically for that strategy and igni isn’t an option if you want devotion

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 4, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks as always 😁

I’ll see what I can adapt

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Extremely important when trying to igni

In other news I’ve been running a killer Allgod NR deck. If the opp doesn’t keep frigate in check it’s an autowin

https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/1755ac798a9076ab4b6227042f7354f9

Swapped oneiromancy and kaedwini Knight with igni and reinforcements

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 6, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Making a pointless move before doing igni and losing it is a top 3 worst feeling in this dumb game tbh

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’ve just been creating gimmick decks playing on unranked. Spells wasn’t too bad using NG. Bombs are a bit tougher.

It’s a grind either way but kind of funny if you gently caress around and win. Mainly because your opp hasn’t a clue what you’re doing

Arena is another way but it takes a longer depending on your draw.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea you can misplay several times and squeeze out a win as long as you keep a GS alive.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea that’s a No gg deck even more than most lol

Gonna play it 👹

Speaking of pre expansion decks that work. I’ve had the most success in tier one so far with a simple Passiflora Blood money deck because you’re barely running into bomb heaver

Edit: just put it together and feel like an rear end in a top hat just looking at it. Not sure I can bring myself to play it :lol:

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 15, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Really eating my words on ST. Players have adjusted and I cant seem to beat them at all anymore. Despite every player having the same exact strategy

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol skellige is loving silly. 2 cards into the 3rd round you pretty much know you’ll win

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’ll take you up on that. Hopefully I catch you against a banish deck. Those have gotten a bit more sophisticated and my main letsplay watches haven’t ran into any I’ve seen

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea that’s everyone right now until SK gets an actual nerf. Honestly not sure if they’re fun to play because of the attacking style or because of the clear OP of the deck

Love getting one win before pro and hearing that loving sea shanty music in the queue screen. It’s the best

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 21, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

rydiafan posted:

They could also just delete Great Swords from the loving game. Or change their ability to "Bloodthirst 1: Boost by 1 at the end of your turn"

Oh, no worries SK has those too! Warcriers are also fun to deal with

It’s not so much the GS as it is all of their bronzes are very strong and most other factions only have one Mork, boar, Tyr or Hemdall ace to throw out

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 21, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yes. Yes they are. It’s a cheap way to give you something else to worry about. Trying to figure out how to get them in my deck. But the bronzes are all just so good lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yay pro ladder. Only took the whole fuckin month lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dennyk posted:

Should have joined the dark side. I'm pretty sure the training AI could make Pro with an SK Warriors deck.

I got shamed from using sk/wanted to actually git gud so I moved to maining NR and SY. Think it’ll make a decent difference next month when surely SK is nerfed out of existence

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

rydiafan posted:

I apologize for photographs of my monitor, but my cat was blocking my keyboard and I wanted to share my joy.

I'm nearly undefeated against SK with this deck, and nothing makes me happier. I feel like I'm doing a public service.

Hahaha that’s awesome

Trynet just upped a pretty funny meme deck that’s also a skellige killer ALL THE DAMIENS

https://youtu.be/_1hA5lqhnrU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Honestly if you aren’t running a gimmick deck or one specifically designed to counter SK might as well just straight up forfeit in those matchups. Exercise in frustration

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If you’re on iPhone don’t update as the 7.1 will not open

Lot of good that does you if you auto update though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Monsters now being a control deck makes sense but drat is it tough to beat. May need to switch factions again

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why the vissegard nerf? Who was asking for that

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well he’s dead now. Going to be very easily removed. Oh well.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hidden cache with Lt. von Herst is just dead sexy. Very glad they reverted back to 3 coins for the Fun Faction

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone finding much success against crones? I have just no clue how to neutralize that package

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ahhhh I got to Kambi a mill deck player and a Kelli deck this is the pinnacle

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not sure how they can go back on how strong they made SK but making it super easy to pull blood eagle or champions certainly didn’t help.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so running second wind and winning off pure confusion because I’m running a double gedy deck is quite fun would recommend

Probably as cheesy as double ball but doesn’t feel as bad

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gedy with crows does sound delicious

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I just witnessed someone using Schirru to kill my manticore (?) when it was the only unit I had on the board (??) and this was his second move of the third round (???) and this is pro ladder (????)

:/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bedlam posted:

He Manticore'd your manticore. Tbh Schirru is a rough matchup against monsters because of the tall units unless you go wide or do kikimora nonsense. Maybe he thought it was better to just eliminate your manticore value, though I'm a lowly rank 3 so I would never presume to know his dizzying pro intellect.

I actually haven’t lost with monsters against schirru yet. Push both 1st and 2nd round preferably with Haunt in the second. If they don’t have heaver they’ve been completely hosed with the crooked numbers I can put up with devours. And 5 and Belows are usually death wish units they can have

But nah the manti had no value there and rarely does with elves since they can spawn so many low units which is why I played without devouring it with leader

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
You actually kind of have to push both with the newer decks buffing the immune dragon for final round point slams now and a long round against that plus schirru is yikes

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 28, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well ethereal is all but dead. Transforms next card by order only.

Never thought the deck was OP just brainless. Liked the suggestion that a better solution was just giving fruits a demon tag to not transform

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
In before the shield wall hotfix 😬

Love the decision to give the boosts engine deck carapace lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Or not. NG seems to eat that deck for breakfast