Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Foltest->Dandelion/roach->temerian foot soldier+2 roided footsoldiers+blue stripes rambo = loving madness.
Even if they manage to lacerate or weather your meatwall it's still a hell of a lot of thinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Electronico6 posted:

Also been trying Henselt NR Machine decks and can report that it's not very good, and shares the exact problem with other NR decks cause they are just scorch/Gigni bait. The other flaw is that all good Machines require targets on the board to be useful, the trebuchets need long rows, ballistas need a lot of setup, and the Siege Towers are underwhelming. In the end the best Machine is the one that has no Crewmen, the Reinforced Trebuchet.

Maybe you can have some luck by running the Reinforced Ballista in a Radovid deck that uses Siege Support/Platform in a more control fashion.

Overall NR rework still needs some work.

I'm using a machine deck with a dandelion/temerian footsoldiers+a single blue stripez commando opener/finisher with decent results

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I've been Avallach'd to death. Still, the temerian footsoldier / machine deck performed admirably. Ciri-Dash is a perfect counter if you can get her out the first round, giving you 9-12-15 points thanks to discard shenanigans.

I like my makeshift deck a lot.
Foltest (maybe a bit too strong?)
The dandelion-footsoldiers+1blue stripe commando is a brutal deck thinner and kaedweni siege support-ballistas murderize crowds.
Stennis and siege towes for when there aren't enough dudes to hit.
Just two reaver scouts because they are usually enough to get what I need.
Two reinforced trebuchets to draw out counters.

As golds I have dandelion, ciri dash, shani and royal decree.
Royal decree is super useful to fish out dandelion if I need the temerian meat wall up ASAP or for getting back ciri later. Shani is useful for getting back a siege support for the last round or in case of a first round wipe.

Against high value targets I quite like Dimeritium bomb and Margarita.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 27, 2017

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Soo, I want back in but the last time I played there were resurrections and poo poo. Now NR is a mess and there are too many cards! What can I do on the cheap with them?

Also, golds are getting wrecked. There's no immunity anymore!

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 7, 2018

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Yeah, I just bought some winches and my henselt ballista-rams deck is downright murderous. I don't even have optimal gold-silvers for it but it just doesn't care.

I tried a Foltest spam deck and while it's fun it needs much more card optimization to function. And since I started from level 13(I thought there would be some sort of rank degradation over time... WTF?) I keep getting wrecked

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 8, 2018

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Kalko posted:

Didn't play last season so I've been leveling through wood league with Shupenanigans, but today I decided to try out some Henselt and this deck is good fun. I didn't realize how much I missed playing decks that just build up a shitload of power.

It's not even a machine deck anymore!

How did you manage to have all your bronze cards in triplets? I need reaver scouts to fish them out reliably

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
After some rounds spent with an Henselt deck:

1)Ballistas and rams are your best friends.
Trebuchets and towers can be a good winch drop if lacking an optimal target.
Reinforced ballistas always suck.

2)Bloody baron is an awfully fickle card, he's an awesome finisher if you steamrolled the enemy, but if you are in a damage race against self buffing deck he's a weaker geralt you can't play before round 3.

3)Winch+Nenneke is way overpowered, created machines should be doomed.
Always remember to put Roach back in the deck.

4)Ronvid is awesome. Always having a crew available saved my rear end more than once and if he gets locked he's still an 11.
When he starts eating a weather effect every turn he puts a damper in a lot of monster freeze shenanigans.

5)Reaver scouts are my crutch. I can't live without them.

6)Sile+winch is a free card.

7)If an enemy has many cards near 13 strenght, plonk down Thaler, get a free card and ballista him into oblivion.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I got wrecked by Imlerith exactly once, I then bought Seltkirk for a hard counter and scorch. I use Royal Decree to increase my control over golds and I havent lost to him since.
I need only to block him for the first round, then if he brings him over to the second I immediately pass. If he tries to keep him for the third I can usually crush his gimmick deck with my henselt fury.

Oh and I ditched reaver scouts and put in kaedweni sergeants for weather control and crewing and now the deck works like a clock.
My last session with my old deck went 10-6 but today I made 11-1 !

Thanks goons!

Edit: also, if I manage to neuter him with my barebone counters he must be useless against the majority of setups out there.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 14, 2018

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Managed to hit the 50 wins just before the deadline. I also didn't open yesterdays kegs and the three given at rank 18, so I had about a dozen in one sitting.
Managed to find Lambert legendary and a bunch of silvers. Most notably Cursed Sabrina, so I might consider making a cursed deck for fun.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Season ends in a few hours, what does it imply? I was around for the closed-open beta switch but this one shouldn't reset your cards, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Hoo boy, pro ranked requires you to master at least four different factions, i'm not even near a complete deck of Northern realms cards to offset eventual Henselt nerfs.