Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Somehow pulled 2 igni in my first 10 kegs. I hope this keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Tunahead posted:

Is there some place I can check if the servers are up? I tried logging in since yesterday but it was only a couple times so I figured it might be on their end.

I didn't have any issues at all with logging in since open beta starter, it might be on your end.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Mr. Pool posted:

I couldn't think where in the books she was, remind me ??

She's from Hearts of Stone, the W3 expansion.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I think it's the opposite, weather goes last.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Flayer posted:

Any idea on when the first round of changes is going to happen? I am loathe to spend valuable scraps on soon to be nerfed cards!

They've said they'll have a system in place to refund people that crafted nerfed cards anyway.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I wish Swim would stop making weather/spell based decks though, I can't take it anymore.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I expected the Morkvarg deck to get hit somehow, but maybe they'll reveal something later.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I lost 3 matches today due to cards in my hand being invisible and unplayable, what a great day.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Well I need a new deck to play instead of Morkvarg now.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Played 10 ranked games today faced 10 Nilfgaard players. Patch can't come soon enough.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

Is there any reason why roach isn't auto-include in almost every deck?

Silvers are really good.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I don't know how casual MMR is calculated but every time I queue up lately I get an opponent who is top 100 on the global ladder, and they all play tier 1 decks. Am I going to have to make a new account if I just want to mess around a bit with fun decks.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

Yeah, I'm not trying to affect the gold card, but copy it's value. Sometimes that works, like Cynthia can boost her own value by the value of a gold card. I kind of assumed it wouldn't work though.

Cynthia does read (including golds), I don't know if there's any exception that doesn't have this.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Up Circle posted:

so to clarify, frost and fog now only damage 1 unit, even if there are multiples of the same power on the row?

Correct.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

botany posted:

Top of the ladder seems to be pretty much Skellige and Monsters again, lmao

What Skellige deck is it? Discard QG?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

The Gorp posted:

So as a monsters main who hasn't touched gwent since the last big update, what's up?
I thought they made weather garbage, Goodharpy even lost another point - why is it winning everything?

Weather was the only thing keeping it down.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Monstera Brigade? Shame the only deathwishes right now are earth elementals, nekkers, and cows... not quite the power of emissary > emissary > emissary > ambassador!

Dont forget the most important one, harpy eggs.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
"Ally" means units on the board so it should work with basically anything, not just hand/deck buffs.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://playgwent.com/en/news/6711/ranked-play-season-ending-august-27th-a-message-from-pawel-burza

They're planning to add some sort of new ladder system for everyone who ends this season above 4.2k mmr.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Seedge posted:

There's no Vs Friends option ingame?

Yes there is? It's even called "friend match".

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Seedge posted:

Is this PC only? This isn't there on PS4.

Oh yeah probably, I don't think most of the social features are implemented yet on console.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

No Wave posted:

I think it's supposed to nerf self-locking as much as it buffs opponent-locking. And to kill Kambi truly for real this time.

It only damages enemies though.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

CJ posted:

If i'm at 4203 mmr can i just stop playing until the end of the season or will it decay?

MMR doesn't decay as far as I know.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
They'll be able to do a lot more interesting things with golds now that they're no longer immune. Good change, much like getting rid of faction passives was good.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Igni isn't nearly as oppressive as some people make it out to be and isn't even run in the most popular decks at very high MMR.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Reveal isn't held back by scorch effects, it's held back by being a worse version of discard.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

EvanTH posted:

I got up to like 4400 but then started loving around and trying weird stuff, ended the season like 4050, do I get access to the pro ladder?

Yeah if you were at 4400 you'd be rank 20 which is enough.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
CDPR always go completely overboard with their nerfs and buffs.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

MarshyMcFly posted:

I can't believe I haven't been able to make it to rank 20 after 3 seasons! I'm just never able to clear the hurdle with my best decks! No matter what deck I play or how I play it. So frustrating! I guess I should try a consume deck?

Just play dwarves.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
3 points off CN is a big nerf and Paulie is an incredible card that should have been hit hard instead of balancing every other dwarf card around him.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
As far as I know it's always been cross-platform between PC and Xbox/PS4 but not between the consoles themselves.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Doppler is going to go from barely ever seeing play to never seeing play.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Game is certainly in a better state now but I really hope we get some info about Thronebreaker or draft mode or something soon.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Hey I should post about things I want to happen more often!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqgWK0VORU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Whenever I play casual I get matched up against even bigger tryhards playing perfect netdecks. There doesn't seem to be any reason at all to ever play that mode besides not having access to ranked yet.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
The design of the new Roche card is extremely bad. It simply existing will probably make ambush cards unplayable even if no one is actually going to put it in their decks.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Most of the new cards are too horrible to even see play in arena.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
If you don't have consume techs it's often basically impossible to beat consume. Luckily consume will never be very popular on the ladder because then everyone techs against it and it'll never win.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Roluth posted:

So, card advantage is everything? Even so, I'm not sure why the 13-strength spy cards are played so often. They seem pretty good for sifting, but a 13-point swing against you seems pretty big. What's the reason for this? (EDIT: Well, other than the specific case you stated.)

Play a CA spy in a round you don't intend to win and the 13 points don't matter at all. Card advantage is basically everything in Gwent and proper use of spies and round/coin flip manipulation is almost required to win at a high level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

botany posted:

is there a counter for the faction challenge now? weren't they talking about implementing that?

It should be on the social panel under your quests. Try restarting if it's not there or not updating.