Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Seedge posted:

What makes Seltkirk better than, say, Triss? 7 power shoot for 7 is pretty close to 10 power shoot for 5.

Seltkirk is 8 str and 3 armor which means he can kill an 11 without taking any return damage, or something even bigger while taking a hit himself. Far better than vanilla Triss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Sabbath is such a lovely binary card that either wins you the game or does nothing. I've seen people praise the design but I really don't get it, they should completely rework it imo. In other news, there was an AMA with Burza on the official forums and apparently CDPR are working on a solution to coin flip that involves giving each leader an initiative stat which determines who goes first. Seems like an easily exploitable system unless they balance it well.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I'm glad people netdeck Swim so much because playing against this Ocvist deck is basically just free mmr.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Greatswords and some version of Henselt machines are probably the two T1 decks currently though the difference between T1/2 isn't as big as it's been in the past. Consume is certainly up there and isn't seeing much play, which just helps its win rate since people wont be teching against it. A single mandrake doesn't do anything to counter consume. Deathwish is probably a solid T2.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Captainicus posted:

...is there actually a difference between mulligan and swap? :psyduck: I thought it was just a rename.

It is just a rename. Though I think Ves used to blacklist before the rename, which she doesn't anymore.

Estraysian fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 18, 2018

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
After seeing MTG:A and Artifact I'd rather play dead Gwent than sit around waiting for those.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah I'm taking a break for 6 months for sure.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Because Brouver + Barcley + Cleaver is a 26+ points play and Francesca is a 7 point play.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
The immense tempo and the ease of creating a no win situation for your opponent where they have to choose between losing on even or winning two cards down is the primary reason to play the combo and wouldn't really work with Francesca.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
That just looks so much worse than current Gwent. Homecoming has been such a disaster from the start.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Initial impression of homecoming PTR is that all the cards are really boring now.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Thronebreaker looks cool at least

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Azran posted:

Is it just me or the starting decks suck major rear end? At least the Monster and NR ones, I've been trying to win with them all day long and I feel like they don't have much synergy?

All the starter decks are extremely poo poo. If youre coming into this without lots of scraps from pre-HC youre gonna have a miserable time

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I run out of row space after 3-4 turns of upgraded drummer spam so I'm not sure what I'd do with extra cards anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I'm not surprised Swim swapped back, he used to get more viewers playing Gwent than Artifact has total players.