Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Knowlue posted:

Man, I launched gwent for the first time in god knows how long and didn't even realize they made all these big changes as well as introducing new cards. I heard that they had to freeze the season to address some of the issues with the patch, but what's good right now? Last I played, people were complaining about dagon token

Armor NR
Spy NG
Consume Monsters
Axeman SK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Anyone else using Artefact Compression in every deck?

I feel like I pretty much have to these days, like gently caress Stannis/Trollolo/Impera Brigade/Every Annoying SK Bronze That Keeps Coming Back

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

happens with me as well, they still haven't fixed that since closed beta

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is this going to be a Tempostorm Snapshot vs Vicious Syndicate Data situation again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

just remove weather from the game honestly, it will never be balanced

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm already bored of this patch, when is the next one?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ESPORTS ready game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mill highest winrate deck at 4k+ MMR

get rid of this archetype in a game like gwent please

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Woodlands Spirit not nerfed and mill untouched? excuse me?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Seeing the reaction of people to the RNG in the new cards is hilarious :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yesss I loving love Regis, I'm so happy he's an avatar now, with cool border and title too! :allears:

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 1, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

it's me, I'm the idiot that took forever to figure out the first challenge with the peasant palisade

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm getting sick of seeing Iris in every match

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

On the other hand I started playing this weird Control Reveal deck and this game finally started being fun to me again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If any goon managed to reach Rank 16 already please share your deck, I'm only really interested in getting kegs in the game so I can have more pretty cards, and rank 16 (and the immediate rewards) is a nice place to achieve that I don't imagine can be THAT hard to climb towards

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thanks for the tips guys!

Also I just used Sweers on a Nekker after it got Nekker Warrior'd twice and the opponent insta-quit :allears: Playing Nilfgaard is worth it sometimes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just learned that Fringilla Vigo is a card that exists :smith: I was wondering why the enemy was stacking buffs on a single target...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

...just so I don't get embarrassed in some future match, if I "kill" a unit using a Weaken effect, like Mardroeme/Peter/Mandrake, it doesn't trigger Deathwish effects correct?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gwentlemen released a snapshot and lol

I should just give up and learn how to play Spygaard, it seems it's never getting nerfed

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait a second, Peter ignores Shields? These Dol Blathanna Protectors always have that :argh:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This Spell'Tael deck swim is playing with Operator into Summoning Circle for even more Protectors is just disgusting :smithfrog:

I legit don't get how I could win against it with most other decks

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

welp I climbed a little and now all I encounter is that netdecked Spell ST swim deck, spy NG and a plethora of discard SK types

it was fun climbing but it's just miserable right now, hopefully there are new modes/more information about Thronebreaker soon!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I saw a lot of optimized netdecks at 2.6k MMR :argh:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that was pretty good

I hate Dijkstra so seeing that get hosed by Guardian was :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ughhh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theres some dev stream that is gonna start soon(right now they're just showing some youtube video I think)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh yeah also

https://www.playgwent.com/en/card-reveals

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm glad they're adding the Discover mechanic from Hearthstone

Also rows will have limits it seems

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Seedge posted:

What's duel do?

the attacking unit damages another by their power, if the other unit survives it deals the remaining power back

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I imagine they're gonna change that too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

Stream again

More cards

More RNG

More amazing card art

e: the reveal page was updated

frajaq fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 5, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ThomasPaine posted:

Boulder pushes a card to the next row 'unless it's full' in which case it's destroyed. Are they introducing a row unit limit? It's not a bad idea actually and would go a long way towards rectifying the 'everything is flexible' trend

A row limit was pretty much guaranteed after they revealed the Neutral Peasant Militia card

They need to make the game friendly to mobile anyway

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They showed on the stream, it really was something else...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Reddit's meltdown over the RNG cards today is hilarious

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

a lot of gwent players are very :smuggo: about how much better gwent is compared to hearthstone in their eyes so this is a huge offense in their eyes

personally don't care about how much RNG is it, I play Gwent because of how much more F2P friendly it is

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So can these Spawn Leaders get cards cross-factions? If yes that could get really funny

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Those spawn cards are for this new game mode they're planning (probably some kind of draft/arena) that they're being really mysterious about it :thunk:

also will only release next year :thunk:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I should have said "Those spawn cards were designed for this new game mode in mind"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I was never saying dennyk was wrong? I was poking fun at these dumb devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Final Reveal Dev Stream tomorrow 9 PM CET

They said it's gonna be a short one so likely won't show the rest of the cards, but hopefully will give us a date on release