Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

botany posted:

wait are all of those real :psyduck:

what's going on with this game

New UI has some glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Is there something before this clip that explains why shooting a dwarf with thunder is interesting?

Edit: Oh, I see. He's supposed to have a second thunder which he'd have to use on his own unit, but he clicks fast enough that they both are considered used, like when the arachys queen gets robbed of devours.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 29, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see your leader. That a Francesca list?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, it's a known bug. When CDPR gets back from vacation they need to fix about 30 bugs in a week if they hope to regain faith.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just hit a revealed Hattori with a Venendal Elite, and I've never felt more cruel.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

No.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

Wait how’d you do that?

There are currently several bugs that trigger based on clicking too quickly. With Emhyr you can pick up your opponent's cards.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wheeee posted:

So is Gwent. It was better mechanically in the closed beta, despite how terrible the starter decks were.

This is absolutely not true, and is rose colored glasses of the most blatant type. Gwent was at its absolute best just before the mid-winter patch.

If they clean up the bugs, and do something about create effects granting silver spies, the game will be just as good as it ever has been.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://youtu.be/AH92RY8fA6c?t=273

Infinite duel!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

I love that they focused so much on E S P O R T S instead of fixing the game

Ok, I'm not defending how buggy and fucky the game is right now, but it was fine until a month ago, and since then I've seen no focusing on eSports and plenty of focus on repair. Also, it's not like the same people do both things anyway.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/13861/open-letter-from-gwent-development-team

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://gwentup.com

https://www.gwent-tracker.com

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A pen and sheet of paper accomplishes the same thing.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Alternately, I'm pretty sure the PS4 doesn't have cross platform play, so nobody has an advantage over you.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Well, they track the opponent's play as well, which can help figure out their deck build. Like, until I see a third of a bronze I'm clutching my Scorch with white knuckles.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

I'm saving scraps now to craft the usurper for a fun deck based on the create mechanic. I also want to make a dragon theme deck later on when I have more cards.
My current Usurper deck looks like this. It's actually been a lot of fun, wins surprisingly often, and has helped me learn a lot about how the other factions play.

Usurper

Uma
Avalla'ch the Sage
Cahir
Muzzle

Summoning Circle
Stregobor
Dazhbog Runestone
Dorregagray
Portcullis
Decoy

Doppler x 3
Vicovaro Medic x 3
Slave Driver x 3
Ointment x 3
Magne Division x 3

Always Mulligan away ointments, use a couple slave drivers in round one so that you have something to resurrect with your ointments, and if you win round one don't be afraid to play the Usurper in round two so that you don't brick Cahir in round three.

Oh, and if it's round three and you have a Magne Division in your graveyard and one in your hand, don't forget that when you play the one in your hand you should use the ointment to resurrect the one in your graveyard, and then use the ointment that that one grabs to resurrect a unit. It's three points that is easy to miss.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 21, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Knowlue posted:

I'm guessing they removed the tracker to see who's in the lead for the faction challenge this time around huh

They have, but my personal tracker is that I face 10 times as many Nilfgard as monsters.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Row restrictions is in the same category as gold immunity. It going away made the game strictly better, but it's further from the original Gwent so a vocal minority who hate change can't get over it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So the spy turn delay thing was apparently a localization issue. In reality the change to them is that summoning circle can't create them, and each instance of them can only activate its deploy ability once per game, so decoy doesn't do anything.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 31, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Impera Enforcers should be "do 2 damage, repeat whenever a spy appears" along the lines of Mangonels. This retroactive attacking thing is dumb as poo poo.

Edit: Ditto the guards.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 5, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Impera Enforcers nerf has me turgid.

gently caress those machine guns. Let them die.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I ran across one of those a couple weeks ago. I played a slave driver as the very first card of the game and literally nothing happened. I was very, very confused.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just played 10 games and 9 were against Elves.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

No Wave posted:

Everyone plays coral but she hasnt done that much for me.

She's Dudu + lock + 3 str

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Some golds in this format are worse than some bronzes and silvers, though. This last run I was actually mulliganing away golds.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

botany posted:

yeah that's a super cool anecdote but on average golds are worth more points than silvers or bronzes

Except in a format like Arena, where synergy cards like Brewess: Ritual and Letho are literal garbage.

Like I know you were all excited to be a snarky piece of poo poo, but maybe actually read my point. I never said "golds are normally worse than bronzes". I said some are. Even if you get 10 golds 2-3 of them might only be worth 10-15 points.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 1, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

botany posted:

on average, golds are worth more points than silvers and bronzes.

And I continue to have never said otherwise. But that's fine. Don't let facts get in the way of being insufferable.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I can't tell if you're trolling or just unbelievably stupid, so I'm just going to assume that it's both it's stop replying to you after this post.

In Arena the color of the cards matters less than the synergy between the cards. This is true in constructed as well, except in constructed you can guarantee that you have synergy between your cards, so the golds and silvers are inherently stronger than bronzes. A player with 11 gold cards, 7 silver, and 7 bronze could have a worse-performing deck than somebody with three gold cards, 8 silvers, and 14 bronzes if the person with three gold has better synergy between their cards.

No poo poo a gold is better than a bronze in a vacuum, but the true luck in draft isn't "who got more golds", it's "who got more cards that work together".

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 2, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

God help me, I'm honestly thinking of making an Ihuarraquax deck.

That horse looked terrible at first glance, but once I was reminded that Stefan makes it trigger automatically I couldn't resist the jank. :negative:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Estraysian posted:

It is just a rename. Though I think Ves used to blacklist before the rename, which she doesn't anymore.

It is not just a rename. The lack of blacklisting is the difference.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mulligans blacklist. Swaps don't. Unless I'm forgetting something no card currently mulligans; they all swap.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm a loving idiot.

Arena game round one. Opponent dry passes. I figure "Hey, I'll get a gold out there so my Renew in hand won't brick." and play Royal Decree into Schirru.

:negative:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

Lmao playing arena, somehow got an incredible 14 gold draw. Thought I had no chance of losing. Somehow managed it though, first two times by just getting awful draws and the third time pretty spectacularly by drawing all golds, opponent flat passes, I play gaunter thinking it's a safe way to get rid of an unpredictable card. Guess who successfully guesses and gets themselves Saesenthessis: Blaze, banishing all their golds and replacing them with a bunch of trash. Lmfao. So mad right now. This game.

This story makes me love Gwent even more.

Edit: Obviously, if it had happened to me I'd have uninstalled and thrown my computer out the window.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't understand the "Gwent is dead" mindset. Yeah, they're going to fix a few egregious cards, like Wardancer, in May and then the game's not going to change again until October. But, with the exception of a few egregious cards, like Wardancer, I like the way the game currently is. I plan to be perfectly happy playing this version of the game for the next 6 months.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Did I miss a memo or something? I just faced three mill decks in five games. I thought mill was dead?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, it was just weird. I didn't see one the entirety of last season, and suddenly seeing three within an hour was just bizarre. Also, my deck appears to be one of the ones that just can't beat them.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

For better or worse the Gwent community is going full meme during this wait for Homecoming.

https://youtu.be/uNTfJD3wElE

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's a premium keg weekend right now, in case anybody cares.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

game was essentially abandoned by CD Project while they make Gwent 2.0

If you consider releasing a balance patch, a hotfix, and the coolest faction battle prize they've done so far as essentially abandoning the game, sure.

I mean yeah, I get that the announcement of the revamp has left some things up in the air, but all of y'all act like they shut down the servers the instant they announced Homecoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Azran posted:

IIRC they said you will be able to dust your cards for full value.

Annoyingly enough, the current plan is that everyone's entire collection will be automatically dusted.

I guess it's the only way to make sure nobody misses the window, or whatever.