Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm getting some really bad connection issues. Frequent "Connection Lost: Service interrupted. Please verify your connection" after pretty much any loading screen, throwing me back into the "press any key to begin" starting screen. Signing in fails often, repeating the same mentioned message. If I spam any button (to sign in) then it'll eventually go through but so far I've beaten Eithne twice in the ST challenge with no credit due to a disconnect after the match completes. Annoying; and I'm pretty sure the problem's not on my end. I had nothing like this when I played ~a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Man, CDPR:s support is lightning fast, they reply in ~10 minutes. Hopefully they'll solve my disconnecting issue.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
https://gfycat.com/BasicHorribleGalapagosalbatross

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

botany posted:

What's the best way to deal with Tibor?

Win R1 and force your opponent to play him on R2

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

King Pawn posted:

I guess I should have checked if I was set up to record before I asked. Had to wrestle with my terrible Australian internet and a busted microphone so excuse the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2HQKYrn5o

My current deck: based off this but with only the default gold cards, and teched for low ranked metagame as best I could manage.

I already noticed a few mistakes, especially with the reaver hunters at the end, but I'm sure there's more I was completely oblivious to. Very grateful for any help :)

A Gwent streamer ran a deck similar to yours recently, maybe you can get some pointers from his decklist + gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18PcH9MKrA

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

EvilMike posted:

for some reason they thought they were nerfing them by boosting them to 6 strength. I'm serious, they are on the list of nerfed cards and you get a full refund for milling them...

Before if you played a 1-str unit with a deploy effect and a bear killed it, the deploy effect didn't trigger. Now the deploy goes off. That was the nerf part.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
:laffo: spella'tael is so funny to beat. Second match against one ever. Won first round, squeezed all but one protector from him (he had to play one to win r2). Last round I could play the last card and my Nilfgaardian Knight revealed Peter Saar Gwynleve in my hand. Could just sense the anger when he moused over the Peter in my hand, with one protector in his deck (via ADC) and me having the last play there was no way for him to win. Your opponent forfeited!

Didn't get a GG lmao

edit: and got Reinforcement as a reward from the match!

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 18, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I'd wager that Swim is one of the best if not the best deckbuilder in Gwent. The volume of viable yet somewhat outside-the-box decks he's produced speaks for itself. Either people are suggesting ideas to him or he's a fountain of imagination.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Premium Biting Frost and Premium Wild Hunt Hound from the same keg. Heh, I've been thinking about making a Wild Hunt monster deck.

Also, now that I've reached level 10 and ranked play - the keg rewards from it are simply amazing. CDPR is great.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
There's going to be a dev stream on monday.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Img is huge, click and open in a new tab. Crach alone is 25% of the ladder at top tier MMR. Emhyr is in a sad state.

Also a reminder that in 2,5h as of this post, a CDPR developer stream begins on twitch.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Weathers, paraphrasing

Frost: at the start of your turn, damage the lowest unit by 2
Fog: at the start of your turn, damage the highest unit by 2
Rain: at the start of your turn, damage up to 5 units by 1
Skellige Storm: start of turn; 2, 2, 1

Aeromancy plays a bronze or silver weather from your deck, no longer resurrects

I'm glad I don't play a weather deck because rip

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Actually, doesn't this arguably make fog better? Hmm.

How? It now can only damage 1 unit and the effect happens later

Also Caranthir moves 3 units intead of 5 yet the frost he applies can only damage 1 unit lmao

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Sultan Tarquin posted:

That savage bear description is really terrible.

"When an enemy is played from any hand..." How do do you play an enemy from your own hand if you're playing SK? Is it supposed to hit friendlies? If so, why doesn't it just say unit?

http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/5033-udalryk

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

EvilMike posted:

It looks like emhyr can bounce golds now too

No he cannot. He can play a gold after bouncing a non-gold.

RatHat posted:

I really don't understand why they switched Frost and Rain's effects, especially without completely reworking Caranthir/Nithral to compensate.

To indirectly nerf White Frost I suspect, which was an oppressive card.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
My reveal deck stays pretty much the same. Bonhart got hit and the rest of the deck got a whopping +2 net power gain (3 spotters, 1 alchemist, Avallac'h)

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
They realized their mistake and changed it so that you get a full scrap and dust refund now for premiums. No dust->scrap conversion anymore.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
If you are equal in cards you can play something and gain the card advantage back in r2. If you dry pass in r2 and the opponent had no carryover you're going to get the last play in r3 provided the opponent doesn't gain CA via spies or Tibor for example.

However, going from 1 card down to 2 down to win an otherwise tied round probably isn't going to end well for you.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Subvisual Haze posted:

Letho and the D.Bomb, I don't know how to quit you

Want to share your list? I'm thinking of crafting a spy/cow deck to play alongside my reveal deck so I'm looking for ideas to copy shamelessly :v:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

King Pawn posted:

It got buffed a lot and people like Nilfgaard for whatever reason. The people netdecking really hard are either on consume monsters or Swim's spell dwarves thing.

I disagree that it got "buffed a lot". My reveal list gained a whopping 3 more total points and Bonhart's maximum potential was nerfed. Reveal was underrated and decent before the patch and continues to be just that, decent. People have just latched onto the next thing highlighted by the patch notes after turning their SK decks into scrap.

I'm happy that succ disappeared from the meta, though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

King Pawn posted:

Why is Serrit not played, by the way? Just on the face of it the power level seems very high.

It's better now post-patch but the card is a bit situational; you have to reveal a) a unit b) that's not gold and c) doesn't get played before it's your turn to play serrit. Even then the opponent can simply mulligan the card away. Cynthia does a very similar thing without many of the downsides and also buffs spotters. One thing to note too is that the bulk of the reveals target your own deck, like revealing Foot Soldiers and Fire Scorpions. Finally, as you probably know, NG's silver cards in general are top-notch so there is a lot of competition.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Easiest gigni of my life

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Flipswitch posted:

I guess I know the reason why Saskia doesn't pull roach but I think it's kinda poo poo.

It used to, but Brouver into Saskia, Roach and a silver was a bit too many points for a single play with minimal setup so Roach's wording got changed.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
new win% and popularity charts, source is the gwentup tracker team.

quote:

Top to bottom, 3K+ in order:

Winrates:
1. Dagon - 60.8%
2. Unseen Elder - 53.7%
3. Eredin - 51.6%
4. Foltest - 49.8%
5/6. King Bran/Eithne` - 49.3%
7. Radovid - 49.2%
8. Henselt - 48.8%
9. Brouver - 48%
10. Crach - 46.7%
11. John Calveit - 46.6%
12. Francesca - 43.7%
13. Morvran - 42.8%
14. Emhyr - 39.8%
15. Harald - 34.9%

Popularity:
1. Dagon - 19.3%
2. Unseen Elder - 18.5%
3. Morvran - 13.4%
4. Eithne` - 10.3%
5. Radovid - 8.3%
6. King Bran - 7.9%
7. Foltest - 5.1%
8. Henselt - 4.3%
9. John Calveit - 3.9%
10. Brouver - 3.7%
11/12. Francesca/Eredin - 1.5%
13. Crach - 1.3%
14. Emhyr - 0.9%
15. Harald - 0.1%

Monsters - Popularity: 39.3%, Winrate: 57.106%
Northern Realms - Popularity: 17.7%, Winrate: 49.275%
Skellige - Popularity: 9.3%, Winrate: 48.781%
Scoia'tael - Popularity: 15.5%, Winrate: 48.447%
Nilfgaard - Popularity: 18.2%, Winrate: 43.465%

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 12, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

EvilMike posted:

and imo the deck size being too small (especially in a game with so much deck thinning available).

I agree with most of your points and CDPR acknowledges these problems but I don't agree with this. Consistency in draws is a good thing and reduces 'draw RNG' when decks get most of their tools every game. Few decks draw everything they have, anyway.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I'm not very familiar with your deck but you could cut Overdose and perhaps even the towers and platforms. You usually want only 15 bronzes in your deck for consistency.

Margarita Laux-Antille is a better Cleaver. Thaler is a good pick to gain more CA. As for golds, get something to replace O'Dimm and Aard - Keira Metz and maybe Ciri or Igni?

If you plan on keeping more than 25 cards in your deck (I still would avoid this), slot a Royal Decree so you have a better chance of getting to your golds.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 14, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Captainicus posted:

Is overdose really that bad? 12 points for a bronze if you have at least 6 other guys out isn't that uncommon with blue stripes and such. Perhaps it'd fit better with temerian infantry + witchers or somesuch?

Thunderbolt potion does the same thing more reliably, can be used to stagger unit strengths and you already have too many bronzes. TBP and Immune Boost are better.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
The GwentUp team posted a new win% chart and in response, Rethaz went ahead and posted statistics from CDPR's own stats

CDPR Rethaz posted:

I've held off on doing this for some times because I am sure the guys at GWENTUP only mean well, but these statistics do not portray the full picture of what is happening in the game. They paint a skewed view of what is really happening in the game and many players are taking it at face value as facts.

I will touch very lightly on leader popularity and say that for the majority of the ranked system we see a good and fairly even distribution that we are generally happy with. The only exception to this is Harald the Cripple.
However at the top end of the game we have a large subset of competitive players that tend to switch exclusively towards whatever is deemed the "best" by our top players, this leads to a much narrower distribution of leaders. In reality there is little we can do to combat this other than by limiting certain mechanics so that mathematically they cannot generate more than the intended points for the color of the card (Bronze, Silver, Gold). The trade off is that in many cases this leads to those cards being less interesting and fun (for the user) because they cannot generate large point swings or the same moments of drama. We try to judge how and when to do this, a recent example of this is Villen, who is now less interesting, but ultimately more balanced.
Despite what some of you may believe, Dagon's peak play rate is lower than Crach's was during the Skellige meta, which in turn was lower than the Calveit peak during the Nilfgaard meta.

Regarding win-rates:
For example I can tell you that in the lowest brackets Brouver Hoog actually has a win rate of 53.21% in contrast to what is presented here as 43.1%. The lowest his win-rate ever drops to within a specific MMR range is 45.99%. Across the entire ranked system Brouver's win-rate averages out to roughly 50.39%.
The Highest win-rate in the top MMR bracket is King Bran at 55.8%, the Lowest is Harald the Cripple with 47.21%. The difference between these is 8.59%. In contrast the GWENTUP Data shows the highest win-rate comes from Dagon at 54.9% and the lowest comes from Harald the Cripple a 37.7%, the difference here is significantly more at 17.2%.

I am going to post the current win-rates at the top end of MMR per leader for the last week. I am not going to make a habit of this though, so please do not expect it with every patch / week.

King Bran - 55.8
Unseen Elder - 54.95
Dagon - 54.91
Eithne - 53.92
Eredin - 53.92
Foltest - 53.49
Henselt - 52.33
Jan Calveit - 52.12
Crach an Craite - 51.84
Radovid - 51.70
Brouver Hoog - 51.0
Francessca - 48.81
Emhyr Var Emeris - 48.43
Morvran Voorhis - 47.26
Harald the Cripple - 47.21

Here's a graphical representation of how this looks on a 0-100% scale:

There are many factors that play into the above, it doesn't specifically mean King Bran is the best and if I play him I will win more, the issue is far more complex than that. The fact that the majority of them are this close is a positive sign from our perspective, we'd obviously like these to be closer together though and this is something we work towards making happen with each update.

In summary, all leaders in GWENT are viable, in-fact the majority of cards in general are viable and far too many are discounted too quickly or called "trash" (note I said majority). There are and always have been people who maintain 50%+ win-rates and higher playing whatever is considered the weakest Faction / Leader (for example Nilfgaard at the moment).

The popularity of leaders is very much community driven and in all honesty there's very little that we can do to change that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Subvisual Haze posted:

Wait am I misunderstanding or is Rethaz seriously claiming that 11 out of the 15 leaders have a positive win rating? How the gently caress does that math work out?

I wonder if it counts draws as wins for both since Gwent is kind of unique in that regard.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Or it's high mmr players getting matched against lower mmr opponents who are not included in the statistic

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

moush posted:

Did he really just say that it's not their fault if the best players all play the same deck because it's clearly the best? Isn't that a balance problem?

I read it as him saying that they can't do anything about streamers and other vocal 'experts' declaring this and that as the best / meta which leads to people playing those leaders/decks. =Popularity is community driven.

It's true that ~the meta~ has shifted quite a bit since the patch which to me indicates that those meta decks weren't 'clearly the best' after all.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Reached rank 13 which was my goal for this season. Now to wait for new season & patch for the grand keg openings. Went 24-3 this season with Emhyr spies deck but I'm perpetually stuck at low-mid ranks because I find Gwent enjoyable in smaller doses, like occassionally doing the 3-daily quest.

Also I assume everyone's heard that there will be a halloween event (Saovine), more info about that and the 20-ish new cards will be in a dev stream on Monday.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
They showed changes to existing cards. I'd wait for the full patch notes though.

Azran posted:

Is it supposed to be the patch that they talked about when they made so many units agile?

Also, do I get the rank up rewards again next season or was it a one time thing?

This is not the row overhaul patch. Yes, ranked rewards get reset every new season.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Patch is live on PC.

patch notes as an imgur album:
https://imgur.com/a/mGxbV

edit: the halloween event isn't playing around.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 31, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
When I glanced at Swim's stream he seemed confident that restore deck is just as strong as it was before

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Got Ale of the Ancestors from the level 20 reward :cheers:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Kiyan's premium is so drat grim

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I'm going to be honest: he latest batch put a dent on my hype train. I was fine with spawn but now it seems that they are flooding the card pool with lazy "spawn x" cards some of which have a lot of variance. The two leaders especially were very disappointing.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Love the premium art on the new Iorveth.

I wonder if they're going to reveal new Roche and Triss cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Official tournament.