Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
CDPR really put an effort into the tournament. Good set, good hosts, good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Card reveals have been happening for a while now btw

New deckbuilder-collection screen looks dope as hell

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
It didn't really make sense for vampires to eat things. They also said that the expansion after this will be vampire-centered.

edit: Wow, these UI / effects changes

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 17, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Draining will be the vampire gimmick, eh

Probably similar to Regis' effect, damage by x and boost self by same amount.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
We don't know the card text changes that may come with the strength changes. Quite a few cards seem to be getting a complete rework.

I hope alchemy or soldier Nilfgaard comes through, I love the faction but it's my second season playing spies.

Edit: I think Reconnaisance is pretty nuts and hope it's not going to become an auto-include tutor. F. ex if consume can fit those in it's going to greatly help them out with the deck's draw consistency issues.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 18, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I hope they'll add a card drawing animation to the mulligan, I don't like the cards changing in just a blink. Looks unnatural. Though Rethaz did say that the empty slots in Create will disappear and the 3 choices will be scaled up so I think even though they're showing the new systems off now it's missing quite a bit of polish. I'll have to reserve my judgment until the whole thing releases.

Also with the amount of discrepancies between the cards shown on official reveal streams and how they appear on the revealed card page, I wouldn't put much stock on changes to values shown on a video about the UI.

I feel like they wanted to release this before christmas but ran out of time. They should just move this update to next year and only release the holiday event for now. Shouldn't release stuff half-baked.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Upcoming avatars and such can be seen on the trinkets tab. Letho is my favorite witcher character and his avatar is going to be locked behind top 1k in season 4 :sigh:

Why oh why, cdpr.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I think they just wanted to stress-test the new systems, not seek feedback on card changes.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Unless there were no revealed units, that sounds like a bug.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Lol NG soldier swarm is pretty funny but the deck pretty much plays itself, I'm going to get bored of this before long. It can generate a hilarious amount of points though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

frajaq posted:

e: they changed a lot of old flavorful names to simpler stuff, but then changed Earth Elemental to D'ao? :thunk:

It triggers me because D'ao are earth genies like Djinns are air's, earth elementals are an established monster in the Witcher universe and the card art clearly depicts one

e: though the named fire elemental is "Ifrit" while Sapkowski descibes fire genies as "afreet" so either genies and elementals are the same or cdpr is confused about their own licensed franchise

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 20, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
They are working on a fix rn and Burza has said that people reported for such exploits will be banned if found guilty

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

frajaq posted:

oh man reddit is such a dumpster fire, jesus

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Seedge posted:

I'm not sure how best to describe this, so. On PS4, if you scroll down on the Gwent app before launching, there's a banner ad for the Midwinter Update. In the middle is a card I don't recognize.

It's a man standing up, with a mask in his hand. Behind him is a crawling man, whose face has been mimiced for the mask. There's wooden floorboards.

Any ideas?

Unreleased dandelion?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Don't know if things have changed since then but CDPR has said in the past that Toussaint wouldn't be the new faction, it's part of Nilfgaard.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Seedge posted:

What changed about Doppler and Avallach? They're full Mill but I don't see why.

Avallac'h got doomed tag and doppler lost organic tag.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

frajaq posted:

question for veteran (rofl) gwent players: did the new game move away from the old deck-thinning madness? or are the good decks still the ones that swallow your deck in a few turns

Only Skellige is capable of thinning to 0 anymore and even that might get nerfed at some point. Much less thinning is available now

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Came back to try Gwent since 1.5 years ago and I like it. New expansion is cool and I like the planning that the adrenaline keyword brings. The journey thing also seems nice, though the quests can be tedious at times.

Managed to scrape a win against a Viy netdeck with my janky Dwarf deck lmao. Despite being an ST/NG player, I also put together an NR Witcher deck and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
NR Witchers feels wholesome to play compared to no fun allowed NG / Gezras abuse ST decks. And it can be built in quite a few ways, I had trouble fitting all the cards I wanted into it haha

Gave CDPR money and bought the premium Journey. The card backs in this game are really cool looking compared to other online card games, imo.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
New season is out!

My unmodified Lockdown Viper & Wolf Witcher deck worked very well in seasonal mode for unlocking these Season of the Wolf reward book milestones :toot: locks counter Griffin Witcher decks in there super well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I only read about that afterwards. Did not crash or get a disconnect win in 6 seasonal games :shrug: