Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/coL_Merchant/status/867108112016211968

For those who want pretty pictures moving this is how much it will cost your wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

The meteorite powder is an insanely good deal for premium legendaries if you're into that. Crafting a premium legendary instead of a normal one is 800 more scraps, and dusting a whole keg ($1) gives you 50 scraps on average, meaning it costs $16 to craft a premium legendary instead of a normal. Using meteorite powder it costs $4.50! Lesson: never ever craft a premium legendary using scraps.

My bet is that they ended up spending a lot of money doing the premium art and are trying to make some of it back here.

On the PAX East panel about the art design they mention it roughly takes over 700 man-hours to make one card. You also don't get any extra scraps if you mill a premium card, so they really pushing people into collecting and playing premium cards. I can see powder being their best money flow outside of periods of new card releases.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Still at work so can't play. :qq: But here's a gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

Most of it is just CB gameplay but from 3 minute mark you get a sneak peak at what the singleplayer campaign will look like, and people, this aint HS adventure poo poo. You get a 2D map where your geralt walks around, and dialog trees with NPCs, and it's in the W3 comic book style.

Edit: And the cinematic trailer, where Geralt and Ciri cap some fools that were trying to spoil their wizard poker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 24, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ShowTime posted:

So i'm in love with my favorite old deck, Skellige discard. The new Cerys is awesome, along with the Queensguard and Skalds.

Also, even though I made a deck and technically have alternatives, i'm running one of the starter gold cards, Royal Decree. It gets Cerys into play on round 1 no matter what, and I get to bring her back every turn. Cerys is basically the new Roach in Skellige, as long as you run Queensguard.

Are you running it with Operator to make a 4th queensguard?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

What the hell, the deck management tutorial for 100 ore or w/e just had me transmute a card except I think it actually used up 100 meteorite powder

I got the card, and a premium clear skies isn't the worst, but...

e: maybe I'm too tired and it was just the 100 powder it gives you for the tutorial. :iiam:

Looks like the tutorial is bugged! It's taking away your scrap to craft it, then the powder too instead of giving the resources for free. People that already did the tutorial are getting reimbursed the next patch/hotfix.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Still amazed that because of the age rating we can't have Poor loving Infantry or even Whoreson Junior, but we can have the Field Medic Premium card, that depicts a woman sawing a guys arm, and the sound of the card is the man screaming in pain and the sound of bone scrapping. It's really cool but also kinda hosed up.

Edit: When you open a premium card shoop says "movie card" :allears:

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 24, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kawabata posted:

Leo Bonhart or Geralt or Keira Metz for pack choice? I know nothing about this.

You already have Geralt, Leo Bonhart is good but is very specific to a play-style of Nilfgaard(Reveal mechanic) so it needs a lot of support across all colours, while Metz will enhance any starting Northern Realms decks.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kawabata posted:

IIRC it was been discussed here that NR is one of the best factions for beginners with semi-competitive decks for not too much dust, am I right?

A lot has changed, all decks now have more or less the same dust cost, as the Silver cards are all rare and Gold legendary. NR also changed significantly, so not sure if they are still newbie friendly. The pick in that pack boiled down to "Do I pick a card that is one piece of a larger archetype, or a a card that will improve right away the started deck?" Metz is a much better pick if your just starting out. But hey if Reveal nilfgaard turns out the be this meta cancer deck you can blame me. :v:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Nilfgaard has RNG on what cards they reveal I think, but aside from that I can't think of anything. It's a card game though so there's always RNG in what cards you draw.

Some cards deal damage to 1 random unit or X random units. Gaunter O' Dimm has Gamble where you pick a number below or above 5 and if you hit it right you draw a card, if not your opponent draws a card(it's unplayable).

There is some RNG here and there, but nothing at the level of HS.

Edit: Ah! They changed KoB like I said they would.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 24, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Anyone else think the rank 18 border is way better than rank 21?

By the way, how do you unlock the other character portraits?

They are this season rewards. Dandelion for Rank 15, Alt Triss for 21 and leader board 1000-500 for Imlereth.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

NR is so weird. The two decks look like machines and blue stripe insanity. The BS deck is either requires extremely high iq or is pure rng, I can't tell which.

The way it works is to theoretically use sergeants with henselt's ability to pull all your blue stripes for 36 power on turn 2 that all dies to scorch. There's no way to stagger anything, I'm considering crafting dandelion, and I have no idea why priscilla is so bad. Semd help.

Also, tons of weird interactions like medic pulling sergeant pulling a single blue stripe who hops around instead of two.

I'm glad for the rework to NR, and I think it's in a better place than it was before, but either the lists need more time to be refined or there is something not gelling all that well.

I think the correct play with the Blue Stripes is Dandelion buffing Roach and 2xTemerian Foot Soldiers, so when you play the first Temerian dude he pulls the Commando and the buffed guys, and you have Roach to cover your rear end. Then you want the Promote Dude(The one that buffs adjacent cards by 1 while he has armor), to keep one of the buffed soldiers or Roach as the scorch targets. Then the rest plays normal with the sergeants.

Thing is you then have all these cards that in theory should work really well, but they just hamper your style. Trollollo and Ves don't seem that useful, as due to weather you don't want to play everything in the same row and Ves is whatever. The Lubberkin/Botchling/Nenneke nonsense isn't that great either now that the Lubberkin and Botchling are just 5 Strength, and Nenneke has zero synergy with your Sergeants/Commandos, as the stuff that hits the grave gets power reset. Scouts, Medics are also kinda awkward I don't like them. Putting in the Reinforced Trebuchets and playing them after Sergeant buffs and getting caught in strength parity might be the way to go. Then Stennis can also fit.

So far in NR I'm finding Metz, Sile, and Dethmold to be really good and the flex they provide is insane. Phillipa Eilhart and Roche are the best pals, though I'm not really sold on Roche(but I'll play him because i got him as Premium) Dandelion is okay if boring. Missing the rest of NR golds.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 25, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Dudu sucks but otherwise you will eventually find that that is an incorrect opinion.

Although playing against players who don't own scorch would be great.

I do wish cow was still a free card though, new players playing pwc was like a rite of passage and its moo was like the official sound of f2p gwent.

F2P Cow died to prevent degenerate meme Skellige decks that just fill the board with Chorts apparently.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Robutt posted:

I thought this looked fun so I put a similar one together with the cards I have available and while I realise it's by no means an accurate sample size, I have won 5 games in a row. Each time my opponent forfeiting in the second round... I feel kind of dirty but also I can't stop smiling. I only played briefly in the closed beta and didn't have/didn't come up against a Morkvarg as far as I can remember - was he as insane as he seems now? Because if you have either Cleaver to unlock him or literally any of the (good and freely available to Skellige) resurrect, you're always going to have this un-killable 12-18 strength card on the board, which is mostly nuts.

Shieldsmith used to buff 4 base strength. The original Queenie-Mork deck was super broken, and discard variants remained powerful until the previous patch when they changed locks to stick in the graveyard and nerfed Bran. They made King Bran good again so you starting too see Discard come back, and Morkvarg too.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 25, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Robutt posted:

I'm curious, how did locking and the graveyard function beforehand and how did it work with Morkvarg? As even in the game's current state I think it's a little strange (if probably necessary) that resurrection breaks locks.

When a unit died the lock broke, cause Mork triggers on death the lock broke and he came back. The game worked like this because of another early beta broken deck.

Promote Roach NR. Back then you buffed Roach to to the highest possible and promoted him, all the buffed strength became base strength. So every round you could potential pull a 40 strength gold roach from the grave. So CDPR changed that buffs and effects applied to units are removed on death. Later they made locks an exception.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 25, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

This is still the beta, more changes are coming and a lot more cards, so it's likely that there won't be scrap refunds.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I like you gwent goons, here's a fun deck I've been climbing with based on what I was able to open. Use crach to bring out morkvarg the magic unremoveable minion, then put all the buffs on morkvarg. It's surprisingly solid and it would be even better with the golden longship :pray:

This is legit good even if straightforward. Made some changes, dropped the Rain and the lacerate and instead added the Bear Roars. You always have a target to use them, and you gain 10 points on average, plus can be ressed later on.

Wild Boar of the Sea is amazing, but it's power diminishes greatly after R1, or at least until people figure out that they should not drag a R1 when Mork and Boar are on the board. Also pro tip, if Mork dies he respawns to the LEFT of Boar, so ideally you want to put Crach/Hjalmar to buffer in case of bad things happening. Lugos is also good, more so to smooth out awkward hands and bad rally pulls.

But the real shining star of this deck is the Spores and the Nilfgaard rage concedes when you crush their hopes and dreams by reset their impera brigades. So good.

Also been trying Henselt NR Machine decks and can report that it's not very good, and shares the exact problem with other NR decks cause they are just scorch/Gigni bait. The other flaw is that all good Machines require targets on the board to be useful, the trebuchets need long rows, ballistas need a lot of setup, and the Siege Towers are underwhelming. In the end the best Machine is the one that has no Crewmen, the Reinforced Trebuchet.

Maybe you can have some luck by running the Reinforced Ballista in a Radovid deck that uses Siege Support/Platform in a more control fashion.

Overall NR rework still needs some work.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 26, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Meallan posted:

So is First Light considered a Weather Card? I'm away from the PC and can't check right now. I also play Nilfgaard Control with 2x First Light and I was wondering if I should craft a Vanhemar.

Gwentdb is outdated, Vamhemar spawns Tremors, clear skies or biting frost. Vanhemar like all Silver Mages is a decent flex option. Mostly for the Clear Skies.

But First Light does NOT count as weather.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Meallan posted:

So I see my confusion comes from the gwentdb description of Vanhemar. This card then *spawns*, not summon, 1 out 3 weather effects.
Meaning you don't need to have them on deck?

That's correct

Summon->Pulls out of the Deck

Spawn->Creates and plays X card

You can see people messing up the keywords a lot in Wild Hunt Decks.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kawabata posted:

Yeah, about that: I think Morkvarg is the most unfair card in the game right now, and probably the strongest value wise.

He doesn't even have a real counter.

It's time for Letho to shine again.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

T1 Tibor is the worst possible time to play him. You get much more value out of a bronze put into your hand at the start of the game than a bronze you get after your hand is empty in round 3. If they pass after t1 tibor, you also win the round down two cards which is generally worse than losing down two cards.

The epitome of a killer t1 nilfgaard play is calveit into rainfarn+golems into joachim into nilfgaard knight to put you up 30+ points. (Still maybe incorrect because it might be overkill.)

You forgot Roach in there. But yeah folk don't T1 Tibor. Unless you have renew or something.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

I don't have many cards and I haven't been playing very long.

1. What are some high impact crafts that would be useful in many decks?
2. My gut is telling me that NR is the worst class. Would it be wrong to dust a bunch of NR to feed other class decks?
3. As much as I'm enjoying my low synergy NG deck in the kiddy pool area, at some point I need to build towards a meta deck. Where should I go for deck lists?

Ciri is the best "shove it in the deck regardless of what you doing and still works out" card. For silvers you have Roach, Myrgtabrakke, Skellige Storm, Dimeritium Bomb, Ocvist, that are all useful and can slot in very easy anywhere.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

if somebody spams emotes they're not getting a gg :colbert:

"Gotta hand it to you - good work"

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Even the "well played" prompt of Dandelions, which I use before the game ends or when my opponent legitimately makes a good play, is so snide and sarcastic that I don't get a good game after I use it. Even if I immediately send a good game.

Much like Ves premium boobs, CDPR spent countless work hours to make sure their emote system extracted only the finest salt from it's playerbase.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

I think I've sort of hit a plateau with my weather monsters. The basic deck is all there, the wild riders are great, the crones are a 20 damage swing, but that by itself isn't really enough to win most games. I feel like my complete lack of good gold cards is the bottleneck. The only good gold I have is Imlerith, and Woodland Spirit is decent but doesn't synergize with the rest of the deck at all. I feel like I want at least Ciri, RnR and/or Igni as good gold neutrals, and Caranthir is probably a must-have for weather monsters. Ranked just isn't really worth it for now.

With Woodland Spirit why not build around the Foglets? With Nekker warriors support. What other golds/silvers you have?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

I could do that, but that would be a completely different deck, and I want to play this one :v: . Also I'm not sure how I would really build around that. Do you have a Foglet decklist you can link?

Golds / Silvers: I don't have any other golds. Only the starting ones and Woodland Spirit. For silvers, I crafted the Crones and I pulled a Water Hag, White Frost, Sarah and Operator, all of which I'm running minus the Sarah. White Frost and Water Hag I can't do without, I'm torn between Operator and Scorch. But neither seems to be quite good enough.

Mcbeard had a nice list but like the Wild Hunt version you're Gold/Silver short to make it work like he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeWVC9hAjI

But being short of the clutch golds isn't the end of the world. Keep Geralt/Triss/Imlereth/Spirit. Crones, White Frost and Water Hag in the silver slots. For the 6th slot commanders horn isn't the worst thing possible. Bronzes 3xLittle Foglets 3xBig Foglets, 2/3 Nekker Warriors, 2/3 Fogs, rest you fill out as see fit. Bear Roars, Thunderbolt Potions, Harpies, Drowners.
You can also play around with Operator, for a extra nekker warrior. But I dunno.

You can also try both frost Wild Hunt and foggy monsters in the same deck! Keep the other guy guessing.

As for a general Monster crafting guide. Ge'els and Caretaker seem to be the best crafts for all type of Monster decks.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

Lost a game because a unit that "locks" another unit reset the power on my Dudu to 1.

How the gently caress is that a thing? It's a deploy ability, you can't lock something that already happened! If I lock something that has dealt damage on deploy do the units it damaged heal? No.

Some of these mechanics need a definite rework or fixing.

Lock does not reset power. However Margarita resets a unit power then locks, it's two separate abilities.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Class Warcraft posted:

So I got Operator and I'm trying to decide if I want to incorporate it into my Consume deck. Would y'all include it, and if so what monster would you copy?

The old consume list ran Operator on Vran Warrior.

Flayer posted:

What's the fundamental difference between the keywords "Strengthen" and "Boost"? Is it that a unit that was buffed by a "Strengthen" effect couldn't be reset to it's original state like the above players Dudu?

I'm thinking of it like Transform rather than Buff in Hearthstone, and Lock and Reset are different parts of Silence.

Strengthen is to base strength, so the number stays white, cards that Weaken remove base strength. Boost just applies strength on top of the base one, so the number gets green and cards that Reset but it back to it's original white value.

Lock silences abilities, like the Impera Enforcers boost when a spy enters the battlefield, or cow carcass completing it's timer.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 30, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

Roach is great! I play him with one of the starting nilfguard cards that shuffles him back into the deck from the graveyard. That way I can play him twice. The best way to play him is always mulligan him. If you have a good card in your had it will automatically pop out. And if you have 2 golds in your hand AND the nilfguard card you can summon him twice in two separate rounds.

You can play Cahir->Calviet power->Shuffle Girl->Shuffle Roach back into the deck and Roach effect will still trigger because of Cahir

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ShowTime posted:

I honestly just can't seem to get the hang of this meta or even this game right now. I must win about 20% of my games, playing anything from reveal Nilfgaard, spy Nilfgaard, Morkvarg Skellige, Dwarven Scoia'Tael and spell/control Scoia'Tael. I just can't seem to pull out wins anymore, despite having all the cards needed for those decks.

Not sure what to do. Getting pretty depressing.

What's your reveal list? Mangonels or Fire Scorpions?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

Also it feels like every deck is running Operator right now. :psyduck:

Sounds like business as usual then.

The thing that has bummed out so far in OB is having to lug around these stupid weather row dudes in every deck. They're just the loving worst.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 30, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

But now for real, stuff like weather mechanics just scream too me that this game is just not fit for a ladder system. You need to tech against weather, regardless if weather is good or not, so you need to put these dumb tech cards that in no way shape or form help you win the game against ever other deck.

Noxious actually mentioned this stuff during his CB and tournament musings, that laddering feels bad, but preparing for the tournament and the actual tournament made him turn around on the game. Gwent rewards deck building and experimentation really well, but instead I have to put Naussica Brigade or whatever. I don't mind the cards themselves I do mind having them fill a slot for just a narrow purporse and have very little interaction with the rest of the deck. They seem to have a good idea with the Silver Mages and the faction Silver locks have some variety to them, so I guess they are aware these kind of cards suck.

I think Leagues like Magic would be just better overall. Bo3 matches, sideboard, give end of season rewards based on your undefeated runs.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

hampig posted:

Right at this moment the problems No Wave are talking about are much less severe in Hearthstone, which itself didn't run into massive problems like this until around the release of its second expansion. That's as good a baseline as any for online CCGs, let's not pretend the only answer is "get out".

I'd guess any problems are probably being magnified by beta being populated by mostly tryhards who are looking to gain a ground floor advantage in a new game and are actively connected to resources that rapidly distribute information and consolidate the meta though. I'd expect this to change at least at lower ranks when (if?) the game gets an influx of casual players.

Blizzard let Undertaker run rampart for months, and the applied a nerf that everybody pointed out at the start. Secret Paladin also ran wild for 2 entire expansions untouched. Shaman for an entire year was head and shoulders the best class of the game. Un'goro is probably their best expansion after LoE, but I think a lot of it is due to the rotation covering a lot of problems with Blizzard's recent gameplay decisions. It's twice now that their only solution for classes that dominate utterly is to wait out for the rotation to remove significant cards and then just print a lot of nothing.

I don't think the Gwent meta is anywhere as stale or awful to play as it was at the end of CB, which was the absolute worst point the game ever was in it's short live span. Though in the end CDPR made the correct choice, even if their silence was infuriating, killed factions abilities and revamped a huge chunk of the game. I don't think at the moment there is a card or pair of cards that are completely warping the game, RNR and Drought are powerful, but they far from the back breakers they appear to be when you first see them in action. My issue is that in a balance patch where it made so many things overtuned, you have to play this undertuned cards if you want to progress and that is no fun.

More cards will be good, as long as they are good or interesting every little dude having an ability is awesome no matter how dumb it is(like that silver woman in skellige). Singleplayer from the looks of it is going to be a big part of the game, so I guess the "Comes with Witcher 4 mini-game" might just end up true. Other game modes are planned so there will be something when ladder fatigue enters, I just hope CDPR doesn't gently caress them up like Blizzard did with Arena.

Game is good again, though yeah there could be a lot less Calviet's around.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Robutt posted:

I thought the spell heavy ST deck someone posted earlier was a meme but I came up against it at around 1300 mmr. Turns out it's real easy to beat if you're playing Skellige and are running 3 Mardroeme (which you should be). A soon as I realised my Mork was just getting poo poo on by weather I passed early to force their Ethine into Cerys/Roach and then in round 2 they just passed because they want efficiency out of their Dol Blathanna Protectors I'm assuming but then in round 3 after mulliganing every chance I could get for my mushrooms I just wasted all my cards waiting for their protectors to come out, threw down a gold for points and then Mardroeme'd 2 Protectors and Gigni'd the third. I just found it very satisfying to almost immediately recognise a deck, know what's coming and then beat it.

The version that just runs the 3 dudes is really bad, and the moment you become aware that his entire board presence is Saskia/Roach/Leader and 3 clowns it's game over. It has a real bad match up against NG too, as it gets completely run over by Peter Saar and you can basically Tibor or Vilgefortz their units without punish.

Some lists are starting to add more units, the hand buffers or dorfs, the special spies, and they just seem to play a lot better.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Robutt posted:

Yeah I just came up against another one. This time my Hjalmar got D-shackled and an Ithlinne in round 3 had me worried but it turned out they were relying on the protectors again and I had my Mardroeme's ready so it was another easy win. Another little trick I tried and succeeded at was playing Donar pretty late to grab one of their protectors that they were banking on grabbing with a Rally.

I'm a little worried at it's prevalence at the moment (or maybe at my mmr) - as easy as I'm finding it to beat, I really don't want another weather deck to become popular. :negative:

Reveal Sweers meta :getin:

But I dunno, I think the deck is good with some better thought put into it's build, but I see much better players than the average guy struggle piloting it, that most folk will try it one or two times will hit a wall and just drop it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Unless I'm remembering wrong Hjalmar was always like this. He wasn't all that played before, what changed was the amount of cards that can deal 5 damage that you can put in your deck and save for Hjalmar.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I was thinking of making a Dwarf deck. I only got the starter deck and I like the way the Dwarf cards play off each other. Anyone got advice on which cards I should be going for?

Yarpen Zigrin and Dennis Cranmer should be the silvers you'll be wanting to craft. Other silvers you might want to look at is Barclay Els, Ida Emean, Ciaran. For golds though she aint a dwarf Ithlinne is real good, and you'll want her to pull out double potions and stuff. Zoltan Chivay, Saskia also good. The bronze stuff is more basic, get the sticky dwarfs, the dwarfs that buff other dwarfs, the dwarfs that move other dwarfs around or the dwarfs that hit stuff.

Minrad posted:

I think it was more the number of good gold cards for Skellige decreasing a bit.

rip the good old days of windmill slamming birna bran and donar an hindar to go into final round with 3 extra cards over your opponent

Maybe, but he used to see play mostly on Kambi decks, as it could get real tricky to clear out the giant. Your best bet was thunder basically. Now you have thunders, triss, blackhand, lugos. You can clear him easy, you can even run renew and play Hjalmar twice and get the effect.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Up Circle posted:

can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round

He gives you card advantage which is really good, but you have to learn how to properly play him. Throwing at a lost round isn't bad idea, having ways of getting rid of him right away(scorch), or even in the case where you are ahead in so many points that you simply don't care. It takes practice to spot when to play him and not, and what kind of matches is better to mulligan or even keep in the hand(unless you play Brouver, then you always mulligan)

For example, you can afford to run Yaevin in a Spell'tel list as you have a great number of instant removal at your disposal.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind commenting on babbies first deck? I'm level 3 so milled a few cards to get Serrit & Cynthia. No idea if its any good but I'm enjoying playing it:

I'm a bit unsure if I should be running more special cards but it's tricky to learn. Finding it hard to gauge how much the FLs do as well, but I kinda get hosed if I don't have them. Maybe bin the Decoy?

I find both the Mangonels and Fire Scorpions to be weak, I ended up cutting them. The Rot Tossers also don't really do much, you run them more because of the spy tag than the board clears, and Reveal doesn't use Impera Enforcers. In general reveal got a lot of support in OB but still struggles to have a more threatening control package. Mangonels still suffer from the same issue, they get removed and you can't get them back, and the Fire Scorpions just dealing 3(6 in total) damage doesn't seem enough most of the time.

You want the Impera Golems do clean out your deck. Engineers are real dodgy, putting Engineers in your deck makes passing strength through rounds a big part of your strategy and there's too many Peter Saars, Mardroemes, and locks around to make that possible. You'll waste your Spotters on R1/2 when they are your R3 winners. The Alchemists are okay, without Vattier or even Leo you are lacking Reveal power so it's alright.

In silvers you want to replace decoy and scorch with Vanhemar and Alzurs Double Cross to pull out your big boy spotters with extra strength as to protect your other Spotters from nasty accidents. I also like The Guardian more than Serrit or even Auckes for Reveal, mess up their mulligans and FL pulls, and it's a "soft reveal" card for you.

In golds it's really Leo and Vattier you missing.

Also Nilfgaard's totally official and not up for debate best Silver ranking:

T1(Should craft right now):
Peter Saar
Vanhemar
Assire
Cantarella
Joachim de Wett

T2(Pretty good):
The Guardian
Auckes
Cynthia

T3(good but outclassed by own faction silvers):
Sweers
Albrich
Serrit
Fringilla

T4(whatever):
Treason
Ceallach
Fake Ciri

Yeah that's right, Auckes for scrubs. But yeah NG has way too good silvers, and Peter is probably the best silver in the game.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

Do we know how long the seasons are?

2 months. This one will probably end on July 31st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

I personally think Rot Tossers are busted as poo poo. There are other things as well, obviously, but Rot Tossers are def. one of the best bronze units in the game.

Rot Tossers were already nerfed to the point they barely useful outside of the spy tag.