Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what's with the weird prices

why not just $4.99 and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

it was a good deck and it probably still is now but it still had counters

monster decks used to tech in griffin regardless of variant and consume ghouls hosed up the strategy most of the time

vicovaro in NG was a lite counter but SK could run savage bear to kill it and prevent it from doing its thing

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i'll just say this as a player who has been playing since really early closed beta

i can tell that the weather mechanic as a whole is giving CDPR a lot of problems

it's been changed so much (it's been on every spectrum of effectiveness, from being terrible to extremely powerful)

i think the way that it is now is somewhere in the middle in terms of overall power and effectiveness

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

post the top 100 deck 2 days into open beta

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

rofl incorporating the prisoner's dilemma in the GG mechanic

just press the button you big baby

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

zoltan chivay's good in dwarf ST

even in a non-dwarf ST deck he's pretty good because he'll let you drag units out of weather

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

if you like NR or SK both of those are solid faction legendaries

otherwise yennifer conjurer is an all-rounder legendary that you can fit in any deck pretty much

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

yennifer con and triss butt are both high tier neutral legendaries actually

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

So can we label this game dead and go back to Hearthstone now?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

I sort of see it as a weird experiment in game design that I get to participate in more than I see it as an actual game to ever try at.

But we can agree that Blizzard is a billion times better at balancing than CDPR right?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

RatHat posted:

The problem is Blizzard takes like 6 months to nerf something and never buffs anything.

How is that a problem?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

RatHat posted:

Imagine bear meta. For 6 months. And useless cards will stay useless, forever.

Long metas are a good thing. And it's also technically good for there to be useless cards. It's healthy for the game.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

You can't try to make every card useful because it's impossible. There will always be useless cards.

And that's fine because casuals will use the cards they like either for lore reasons or they like the design, even if they're technically useless. C'mon guys you played Hearthstone...

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Just saying they should take a cue from Blizzard is all.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Darke GBF posted:

Whoa. No. Absolutely not. Not even somewhat.

hell no

You'll be eating crow when Blizzard announces their new expansion for Hearthstone.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

lol just lol if you're not running geralt igni + scorch + mardro in every deck

General Morden fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 9, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/24356-update-3-reaver-rush-with-sergeants

get rid of that overdose

it's bad

alternatively you could try running a version with all 3 witchers + operator

keira metz is also a decent gold

machines are really only used in the radovid control deck right now

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/24863-new-radnarok-top-20-world

General Morden fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 14, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

37 card NR deck is dead no reason to go above 25 anymore

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

no it wasn't

SK savage bear was

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Normal Adult Human posted:

crach is terrific when skellige has a single non poo poo silver to base their entire faction around

this is funny because SK is the one faction that has a lot of good faction silvers

NR probably has the shittiest silvers and that's why so many of their decks run neutral silvers

crach is decent enough, he'll be better once they add more card that synergize with his leader ability

harald on the other hand is seriously sad

General Morden fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 30, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

coral is p. much an auto-include SK card so that's funny

that card will literally win you games you had no business winning, especially versus dwarf and monster variants

General Morden fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 2, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hey guys, I'm wondering what gold I should buy for my mostly consume deck? Right now I have Ge'els, Succubus, and Geralt:Igni for swinging the game around after my opponent plays all those swell cards like spotters or pirate captains at the very end of round 3 to either burn them or steal them.

On the other hand I've made a pretty good Bran deck with lots of discard and damage units that worked well against some of my opponents around rank 16. I have coral as one of my only races for the deck but I'm sure there are better ones for that deck archetype. Suggestions?

for monsters, the best faction specific golds (that you don't have) right now are in no particular order: woodland spirit, caranthir, old speartip, caretaker --> since you want to play consume, i'd probably consider caretaker (it's a decent tech choice, just like succubus)

if you want some good neutral golds that support the deck, consider getting regis: higher vampire or yennefer

for discard bran decks, the following golds are generally the best: coral, cerys, ermion, madman lugos, hjalmar

General Morden fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 3, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

When you lose to the one out of ten games where the opponent both has a donar in hand and it RNGs into the QG steal? And when maybe a quarter of skellige decks are QG? Idk maybe. WL is so nasty if he doesn't have it so it might even be worth it if you have one QG in hand, probably definitely worth it if you have 2.

Granted from the opponent's side donar's pure upside given that the longship is what you want to lock in that deck.

Irrelevent soon anyways, neutral griffin will hose qg regardless.

every QG deck will run neutral griffin to counter the counter-play anyway so it's not that big of a hit

still the card is troublesome and i hope they change it

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

there's a non-zero chance that they're going to allow avallach to continue doing what he's doing right now

they're most likely going to add the stubborn and doomed tag to him

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

any goons want to play some matches

add me: NomadicNinja

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Seedge posted:

How will that work.

add through the GoG client

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

That seems fair. Lets Thunderbolt stay strong without dwarves making game play so stupid.

thunderbolt functionally got changed to an immune boost

which means immune boost is something else

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Magic Underwear posted:

Well also btm completely breaks the power curve. With how common spotters et al. are you can't help but open yourself up to a 30+ point swing. Imagine getting a 30 point gigni, poo poo barely ever happens. But play against reveal, discard, mulligan, DBPS, dorfs or reaver hunters and you'll get more than 30 every time.

they're changing all the "finisher" cards (i.e. spotters, pirate captains, reaver hunters, etc.)

they're also changing BTM because they don't like how it can swing games completely in the other player's favor

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

whoever the non-CDPR guy is, he's like completely emotionless and lifeless

it's pretty amazing

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

not gonna lie

not sure what they were thinking with the stammelford's tremors changes

i suspect that there will be a hotfix soon

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Electronico6 posted:

I don't think Sage or Tremors are the big culprits, but Elven Mercenary which makes it very easy for ST to start pumping Elementals, and then CDPR's bizarro love for Dol Blathana Defenders.

funnily enough mercs wouldn't be a problem if they weren't nerfed to 1 str

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

playing spell ST is a lot like playing hearthstone so if you liked that game play the deck

lots of removal and minions that stick on the board!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

swim is probably the best thing about gwent tbh

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

One of the depressing ways CDPR does balance is that if a card is run in lots of decks it gets nerfed almost always. So while I'm happy to see my favorite card Keira in almost every NR deck, I know that it means she'll be unjustly nerfed.

in armor NR, keira is probably replaceable with vesemir

like 90% of the time you're using her for thunderbolt potion anyway

and the deck runs enough thunderbolt potions where you'd want to thin them with vesemir

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

pretty much yeah

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

this ugly son of a bitch is about to be locked/scorched immediately

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

going all wild hunt cards is mostly bad because the large majority of them are bad

that sort of deck also lacks any sort of finisher so yeah

wild hunt still needs a few more cards before it actually becomes a thing

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

it's funny that trollolo ended up being phased out of the top ranked NR decks because of the fact that it ends up being fodder for artifact compression/coral and opposing DB heavy cavalry + being significantly weaker than shani + stennis combo

it's also funny how adamant some people are at not teching anti-weather in this current double gold weather meta

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you run that combo just for the tempo

in some MUs you need it to keep up early on so they don't massively out-tempo you and then pass early (NR combo and Hybrid Monsters both have crazy tempo early on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you basically lose

real talk, you basically have to willingly not thin on purpose

but then the whole purpose of your deck becomes useless and your deck strength suffers for it

NR decks can counter with nenneke, but you can also run + hold summoning circle for their assire

that's about the only real way for a thinning deck to play against mill

mill naturally destroys decks that thin

that being said, mill decks tend to have poor tempo so out-tempo them early and try to 2 round them (also you have to hold out all your removal to deal with avallach or it's GG)

if it goes to the third round you basically lose, no matter how much card advantage you have