Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Is there any word on whether the GOG version will carry over to the mystical UWP "You can play this on Xbox too!" version? I'd rather not jump on this only to have to restart in x months when the UWP version comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Xtanstic posted:

What the hell is UWP?

Universal Windows Platform (?), it's a way for someone to make one app that works on anything running Windows without recompiling it.

The end result that they're pushing is that you can buy a game for PC and download the exact same game for your Xbox, or vice versa. The thing is you have to get UWP apps from the Windows Store, so I don't think the version that exists for PC is that version.

Hence my question - It's possible that progress on the PC version now won't carry over to the other version.

I may have the details of UWP wrong but that's the gist of if