Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mordiceius posted:

I think it's just a little overwhelming to get thrown into without ever having played the standalone Gwent game. You're thrown into the game with a full deck and every card does stuff but the game doesn't really spend time letting you get a feel for the flow of how card battle should go. I mean, W3 Gwent is super simple and most the cards don't do anything when you're first starting or have very simple mechanics. I'm getting used to it now, but I think it's a little overwhelming that you're just thrown in with a full deck without explanation.
There's a lot of weirdness to thronebreaker. The game behaves like the wagon is some kind of powerhouse card when the entire game can be run over with scythemen and arbalests.

The first chapter is fun, second chapter is cool, third gets stale, fourth is intolerable outside of one battle, but then the rest of the game is neat. Writing is excellent throughout, it's interesting how much talent went into the game even though the gameplay design feels like an afterthought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That has to at least be the middle of the end.