Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why did they murder Last Wish? That was one of the good ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I actually get a little disappointed when I take an incredibly stupid win and the GG comes regardless.

The two mortal sins of GGs are a.) not GGing when you win and b.) not GGing someone who played vanilla Geralt.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

botany posted:

no but reading is obviously difficult GWEN>T
...for you!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Up Circle posted:

can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round
Dies to weather now is why he's especially good... and heavily reactive lists are looking to kill time while their opponent plays out their hand so that they can 2/3 for 1 them with weather and Villentretenmerth. He's less good in decks like dwarves that don't have cards that do things to the enemy board.

The value of having a spy after winning round 1 was slightly less for a few days when you could somewhat reliably force a card out from your opponent by open passing r2 after taking r1, but now that harpy eggs, morkvarg, and dwarves are all over the place the spies have gained extra value again. They're actually better now than they ever were in a lot of ways even if nothing is as stupid as old weather in terms of rewarding CA.

Frightener is especially unfair thanks to Kayran, and because it's a 10 str spy with a beneficial effect.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 31, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To get an idea of how much golds have been power creeped, I haven't seen Yenncon played once since OB (recently hit level 10), and I didn't see enough geralts and trisses to think it was a question of scarcity. Part of it is weathers doing what she does better, another part is that even over 8 turns she usually won't get above the 14-16 power you can reliably get with some faction golds.

Neutral golds that fit in a lot of decks are now by and large weaker than broadly useful faction golds like Zoltan, Kayran, Tibor, Hjalmar, and maybe Philippa (in general NR golds are blah tbh). That's not a bad thing of course.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 31, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You get about 120 exp per win dependong on length and it takes at least 6000 exp to reach level 10.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

LupusAter posted:

What's the best neutral gold to craft first? I'm leaning towards Ciri Dash or YenCon, just to have an option for every faction (I only opened gold monsters). Thoughts?
Ciri normal, she's no longer a level 20 reward. The card that was probably the most commonly-run card in the game after first light and then got buffed twice.

Ciri dash is very bad (but fun in a way) unless someone has figured out a nilfgaard deck for her or something.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 31, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok, I'll admit rnr is probably the correct answer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yenn's not wrong. Boar is used in the most broken deck around at the moment but doesn't lend much to deckbuilding outside of that imo. I still really like Keira but a lot of people think she's not worth it, and she's part of a faction that has one extreme cheese deck and seems totally disadvantaged otherwise. Comparing most NR bronzes to other factions is just a depressing exercise.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 1, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Every fifth game against Nilfgaard they reveal your hand and you realize that it actually does give them a pretty big advantage. The other four games they reveal their own hand and that somehow gives them an even bigger advantage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I need tips for the 6th monster challenge Dagon, it's driving me insane, I have 3 gryfins and 3 clear sky's, trying to run some potions scorch, swipe or whatever beginner deck mostly I wish I could mill, I could probably craft another card or 2..

I have tried throwing the first round a lot, and sometimes taking most of his cards in round one and throwing round 2.

My best cards are monster but to no avail, I have a ghoul and 2 whatsits that spawn when consume is used, but the units and monster units are too weak to survive even if I clear every round, I've tied him like 5 times now just need one more damage or better card draw, deck, skill.

I guess "nv" decks do good but I'm having a hard time piloting it and I lose 3 clear panel of weather's.

Saving one clear sky for rng or ragnorok or whatever, I have the unit that locks and the other lock that removes gold, I can only run one right? Maybe if I could weather him I could vampire up my units and drop golds while I whittle, or if I had fog units besides foglet, or 3 resilient horesman I have 1.

Northern Realms seems to work well. I made one with all commons/starters and just tested it out and it worked first try (I drew ok).

The AI is bugged with redanian knights and will fog them, which ends up buffing them.

Plan is to keep redanian knights in hand, mull all but one reaver hunter, keep a few first lights, then whatever. Ideally you'll get some weather clearing guys.

Round 1 you play the knights and let the AI glitch out while you do whatever, play trebuchets and protect them (it doesn't matter). You and the AI will probably play to the last two cards or so but you'll likely win.

Round 2 pass.

Round 3 play the reaver hunter then henselt leader ability.

If you have better silvers/golds feel free to use them but Sile is very nice in this deck, keep her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You're missing that he used summoning circle to clone nekker warrior, decoyed/possibly mediced the warrior a few times, then henselted out the hunters. He "only" needs to bounce nekker warrior 3 times to get 10 hunters, and I think he highrolled the medics in a huge way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 1, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rot Tosser's good but the only cards that need to be adjusted to put nilfgaard in line are Vivovaro Novice and Imperial Golems.

Imperial Golem is just the dumbest card in the game, the patches the pirate of Gwent, and the only reason I imagine they printed it is because they didn't think NG would be good otherwise. Maybe they wouldn't be without them, I don't know.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

nerox posted:

The deck tracker on the left shows only one nekker warrior used though, right?

I dont cheat so i dont know how those work.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rot Tossers were the same when Nilf was bad. New patch comes, Nilfgaard gets an autoinclude bronze card that's so overpowered it can't actually be evaluated against any other card. Rot Tossers are the problem?

Rot Tossers are fun, and they are the sort of card that should be the strongest bronze Nilfgaard has.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What happens if you get flagged? I forfeit a lot... for my own reasons.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Electronico6 posted:

They ban people. They talked about it in some of the first Polish dev streams. Because before you could give GG's if the game was only 1 round, so people forfeited right on the mulligan screen, and the usual reaction is "thanks I guess" and just pressed GG button. So they changed being able to GG on just a 1 round game, then banned the more extreme cases.

Though you're not getting banned for being bad at the game. I mean that is your reason right?
What if I don't draw the cards I want?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

Operator seems much too strong for a neutral. Practically every deck has a few bronzes that are useless without surrounding synergies, so it ends up being this brainless autoinclude with only very rare downside (mirror match where opponent has terrible draw and you fix it for them). I don't mind strong neutral cards but they shouldn't be both strong and generally applicable. Gwent does not need Dr. Boom.
He's not really an autoinclude but he is too strong and seeing the card everywhere makes it less fun. I liked him at 6 str and then you can't bank on always adc-ing him out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nenneke and Assire are both way overstatted as well tbh but it's harder to evaluate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MarshyMcFly posted:

Well he can also weaken an enemy by 3 so he can outright kill off a Doppler on deploy.
My point is that he's a silver mushroom... if he gets insane insane value over mushroom it's because assire lets you play him twice.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ShowTime posted:

They are both great cards and fit right into major deck archetypes for their faction. Nenneke sets up your reavers and Assire sets up anything because Nilfgaard goes through their entire deck easily.
The funny part is that I think Nilfgaard originally was supposed to have bad thinning but got huge bronzes like Knight, rot tosser, and spybuffer to make up for it along with some great golds. The devs tried to mitigate this with golems because nilf wasn't doing very well but the novice implementation just suddenly made them the best at everything.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You're right. Golems are that broken.

Side note, rally was nerfed a bit since end of cb - end of cb rally pulled your top bronze, new one pulls a random bronze.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lots of Nilf decks were running 28 cards in the last week. There's no reason to encourage people to make big decks, I don't understand why this is something anyone would want. More cards in general? Yeah, that I want. gently caress Reno everyone hated him by the end.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Besides the ones that already exist, of course.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Double Bill posted:

There's not really enough cards and synergies that draw cards currently, besides Emissary/Novice for NG. And I don't mean the Summon keyword either, but straight up cycle. They could at least add more cards with symmetrical draw, i.e. "do X and draw a card for both players"
There are almost too many already. You don't want it to be easy to get through your whole deck because decks become way too consistent with no downside. Avallach draws two cards for each player of the 15 remaining and Nilfgaard has a few other wacky mechanics. I'm not sure how many more you could add without hosing 25 card decks entirely, which certainly shouldn't be a design goal any more than MTG should have a deck that hoses every 60 card deck.

Pretty much every faction can build a deck that reliably empties their deck but there are trade-offs. This is as it should be.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rad Russian posted:

Goal is variety. I want to see viable decks from 25 to 40 cards. Will make the game more interesting. There's been nothing outside of that gimmick Nilfgaard deck that ran a whopping +2/3 cards over minimum.
That's an arbitrary metric to have variety over with little return. It's technically variety but the substance is questionable. If decks are stale the first question is the card pool and counters.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That is also why Saskia is ok and golems are obscene.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Someone passed to my turn 1 calveit into golems + Villentretenmerth. Probably more out of gently caress this poo poo than because they thought it was a good play.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

The entire game is arbitrary as it is a game with arbitrary rules and no goal aside from getting more numbers than your opponent twice. Having more variety is a good thing all things considered and it's weird that you're poo-pooing something as low stakes as "making a deck arguably worse but more interesting to play as and against but still closer to viable". Are you subtly making the "optimal" jokes that were such a gosh darn funny meme in the Hearthstone thread?
I'm not interested in cards that get extra stats because your deck started with thirty five cards. Sorry. If you want to see how interested the player base is in those decks when the supporting cards aren't completely broken, look at the state of highlander in HS right now.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 2, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Medic shuffling cows is hilarious. Doing it with Pavetta is even funnier.

Though I bitch a lot game is really fun right now. Last night I found that Dijkstra and avallach makes reaver hunters weird and fun, and Dijkstra has some peculiar interactions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Normal Adult Human posted:

i want avallach as a nilf counter, in which they mill themselves to 0 cards and then you play avlalach
This actually might work, especially in something like Skellige. Maybe I'll actually play Skellige for once.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is anti-gimmick just a normal deck?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Avallach is one of the most fun legendaries in the game and if you ever built your own decks you'd know that. Bitch.

He is however a lame w3 character and the only good thing about him was the hilarious scene with his girlfriend.

It's also crazy to think that oldvallach was an autoinclude and newvallach is niche when it implying that we value the downside of giving your opponent a single extra card at > 18 gold str.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 2, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is Cahir really worth it with Morvran?

I also wouldn't be able to help myself and would put 3x impera enforcer in any deck with Stefan. It's too much fun even if it's not that good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Probably just vilg or Tibor or Vattier but the post above seems to know more what he's talking about. If you don't own them Cahir's fine, buffs your spotters by 3 each and does fire scorpion stuff I've just felt over-revealed before and I personally put a huge premium on golds being good r3 (ciri being the only exception).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Auckes to unlock a cow carcass is the coin mountain giant of gwent, right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fair for a faction gold when you think about it. Coral is a gold and reduces cards by half their strength, letho + dbomb is two cards and reduces cards by all their strength.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Class Warcraft posted:

Is there a trick to stopping the Northern Realms Reaver clowncar?
Save a way to remove the first r3 reaver hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I wonder if they could buff their strength to 5-6 and do something like "Orders: Summon from your deck, and Destroy other Ally [whatever their name is] Golems." Provides less power but more thinning than Saskia, and thinning by losing bronzes is probably better than thinning by a gold. Saskia does give Roach Orders, basically, though.
Yeah, it's "probably" better.