Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Anyone else from closed beta just getting this?

It's after the log-in, and it's all I've been getting all morning.

E:NM- Must have been a download hiccup; verify/repair fixed it.

Leatherhead fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Obviously no one knows for sure with the nerfa coming, but if you had to guess one deck that will be solid a week or so from now what would it be? I've climbed to Rank 11 on a home brewed Bran-Axeman deck, occasionally switching to a janky Henselt Reaver, but now I've hit a brick wall and my win rate is settling in around 50%.

It seems like I should switch up decks but I have the most cards for SK and NR, so I want to put my scraps and keg picks towards one particular deck.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

ShowTime posted:

The NR machine deck might be pretty good. Sometimes when things get tuned they get overtuned and NR is seeing massive changes this patch. NG is still good, since not much will be changing. The best deck will probably be Dagon good stuff, since nothing is really changing in the deck and it's basically just getting new, upgraded options.
I should have most of the stuff for NR machines so I'll keep that in mind. Monsters is unfortunately my least developed faction; I've got two of the crones but none of the golds and I think I'm even missing a decent number of rares.

Minrad posted:

Weather monsters is probably my top pick with the fact that skellige hunter decks are eating a huge nerf. Spellige will be untouched, Spellatael and Nilfgaard decks that aren't spellgard will be weaker but only a few digits weaker, both will still be a good deck IMO. There will probably be some kind of NR deck with reaver hunters that's stronger then than it is now.

Do you have a good list for Spellige? I'd be interested to try it since I've got pretty much all the good SK cards except Wild Boar and Cerys.

Thanks to you both. I've been tweaking Reavers and managed to stabilize my win rate around 60% so I might be able to climb up to rank 12, but while I can beat weather monsters and NG spies, the various spells-only decks are kicking my rear end even with a DBomb I just opened.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

I'll be damned, I've climbed up from rank 11 to 13 with a non-standard Henselt Reaver deck. Here it is if anyone's looking for a cheaper version (or at least one without NR-specific golds).

On that note, the special end-of-season rewards are for being <#1000 on the GLOBAL ladder, right? Because I'm sitting at 701 in North America right now, but 5000-something globally.

Also do we know when this season actually ends?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

How much has Gwent changed since the Homecoming release? Back in the beta I played a bunch (was in the top 100 NA players) but after Homecoming revamped everything I found my interest rapidly slipping and haven't touched it since shortly after Thronebreaker. The Witcher netflix show gave me a bunch of nostalgia though, and I'm thinking about diving back in (lord knows I have the scrap to make almost anything). Have there been any major overhauls in the last year, or does everything pretty much work the same as when Homecoming launched?