Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I need Pens/Preds not only because I will be happy whoever wins, but also because I like the cosmic balance of a team with no forwards playing against a team with no defensemen.

Also Phil Kessel vs. P.K. Subban for the Stanley Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Guentzel sells calls like a 15 year veteran

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

No one ever doubted Murray, we were just enjoying the MAF show

e: the only thing about Murray that I doubt is his hamstrings' ability to stay operational for longer than 2 months at a time

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

PING

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good Hockey Play by Ryan

If the goalie isn't man enough to take a shoulder to the face then he doesn't belong in the NHL

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Lmao that was the kind of goalie disrespect you do in NHL 96, not irl, Ryan, come on dude

this is exactly how my friend and I discovered that if you get your entire team into the penalty box at the same time, the game puts your backup goalie in as a skater

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Sens' cunning plan to lull Murray to sleep by keeping the puck in their own end for 12 minutes and then pounce has failed

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Ottawa players have passed up a couple murder finish the check opportunities

it actually deters players from trying to murder opponents when they know they will be called for it, who knew?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol at Ottawa's first PP goal since Game 2 of the Rangers series

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

it took six games and a bogus "gotta keep the game close" 5-on-3 to score a PP goal against the legendary Pittsburgh Penguins defensemans

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I get that Hainsey is 109 years old and can't skate anymore but why does he feel it necessary to slowly skate the puck directly into one opponent, along the side boards, while another one closes in from the side, and then weakly try to chip the puck in?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I actually think Ian Cole takes more poo poo than he deserves--including from me in years past--but he has a strange mental block where he can't shoot the puck unless a defender is standing in front of him.

He's been that way as long as he's been a Penguin and it's really weird.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Senators aren't very good but they've played a hell of a game tonight

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You do realize the Penguins haven't already been on golf courses for two weeks only because MAF stole the whole series from the Caps, right

• Locked thread