Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Oh, this happened a while back, but Chuck Staben, the President of the University of Idaho, for moving the Vandals down to FCS.

This was all revealed in September, so I think it counts.

Absolutely nobody wanted Idaho in their conference and they were hemorrhaging money. This was bound to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

iospace posted:

That's true. Honestly, I should go dig up those Clay Travis tweets, but I forget if they were football related or not.

gently caress Clay Travis (this post is not a nomination)

I will nominate Clay Travis, bottom-tier sports writer, for his garbage opinions about everything, but specifically his ~delightful~ hot take on Colin Kaepernick.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernick-is-an-idiot-082716/

quote:

In typical social justice warrior, PC bromani fashion, Kaepernick has chosen to make his voice heard in a way that pretty much only draws attention to him and does nothing to make any situation better.

quote:

Second, what does the United States do to oppress black people?

quote:

Because when I review federal law, what I see is the exact opposite of black oppression. Everyone is treated as equally as they possibly can be by the federal government. There is no systemic racism in our federal government. In fact, affirmative action is actually a governmental attempt to treat black people unequally — that is more favorably than other people — solely because of their race. If anything, the United States government’s laws discriminate in favor of black people based on their skin color.

quote:

If the country is fundamentally racist, doesn’t the fact that two white people chose to raise an abandoned black child offer persuasive evidence that his analysis of the country’s racial composition is overly broad and not supported by his own life experience?

Also this :qq: about Kaepernick and the :siren: LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS :siren:

Especially the part where Kapernick elected Trump. Maybe.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernicks-free-agency-coverage-exposes-liberal-sports-media/

quote:

Given that Trump won the election by roughly 77,000 total votes in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, you can even argue that Kaepernick’s protest may have flipped the election to Trump. I mean, is it really inconceivable to think that 38,500 football fans, less than half of the crowd in a single Big Ten football stadium, could have flipped their votes from Hillary to Trump based on their disgust with Kaepernick’s protest and the fawning coverage he received from the liberal sports media?

I don’t think so.

In fact, I think you can make a decent case that Kaepernick got Trump elected president.

Which makes this all the more remarkable — Kaepernick stopped his protest after the election. So Donald Trump won the election, potentially because of Kap’s protest, and Trump immediately rolled back federal oversight of police shootings and intensified the government’s prosecution of minority offenders for minor offenses under a new attorney general, and KAEPERNICK STOPPED HIS PROTEST.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 25, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sean10mm posted:

I will nominate Clay Travis, bottom-tier sports writer, for his garbage opinions about everything, but specifically his ~delightful~ hot take on Colin Kaepernick.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernick-is-an-idiot-082716/

Also this :qq: about Kaepernick and the :siren: LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS :siren:

Especially the part where Kapernick elected Trump. Maybe.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colin-kaepernicks-free-agency-coverage-exposes-liberal-sports-media/

I will second clay travis

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

Brock Osweiler for thinking he's an NFL QB

Also nominating Brock Osweiler

Just listen to this douche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNq-5Bowmg&t=1s

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
For pure douche it's hard to top Brock Osweiler's alleged altercation with his head coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/brock-osweiler-bill-obrien-altercation-week-17-texans-trade-browns/1nzcg2ed65dgz1dk1xxpkg0kju

quote:

Apparently, Osweiler said O'Brien was only playing him because he needed to — not because he thought Osweiler was the better option at quarterback. Osweiler got up to leave the conversation, at which point O'Brien threw out an arm to stop him, prompting the quarterback to act like he was being "held hostage." That incident, according to PFT, sealed Osweiler's fate in Houston.

:laffo:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also seconding Frank Clark cause holy poo poo what he said was indefensible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What a pissbaby. Also he was right, he was only being played because Savage got hurt and the other option was trapped under a giant US flag

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

iospace posted:

I will second clay travis

Also him insinuating that WHITE playets would never do something as uncouth as that UCLA player being picked in the first round bringing a framed portrait of his deceased grandma up to the stage with him after being picked

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Febreeze posted:

I feel like this thread always seems to forget him, so I want to make sure he gets at least one nomination. gently caress Jason Whitlock

Who is he and what did he do?

iospace posted:

Also nominating skip bayless

I hope I don't need to explain why.

You do, actually. Remember, I need a blurb to post for the matchups. You guys don't expect me to do all that work, do you?? :colbert:

Also specifically, what he did this past year.

Reminder to everyone, so far we only have two nominations for the lifetime achievement award. Those nominations will be open for a long time, but, it's a good thing to think about when nominating dudes who have been douchebags forever, perhaps like Skip Bayless.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leperflesh posted:

Who is he and what did he do?

You do, actually. Remember, I need a blurb to post for the matchups. You guys don't expect me to do all that work, do you?? :colbert:

Also specifically, what he did this past year.

Reminder to everyone, so far we only have two nominations for the lifetime achievement award. Those nominations will be open for a long time, but, it's a good thing to think about when nominating dudes who have been douchebags forever, perhaps like Skip Bayless.

Ok fine. I suck! :saddowns: (no really, I'm on fire in this thread for lovely posts!)

Skip Bayless for lifetime achievement, especially for pushing Tim Tebow on the world like a loving madman.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup good choice there, got it.

I think we've agreed that while Joe Mixon definitely beat up a woman, he hasn't qualified for this year, so I'm taking him out. Feel free to argue the point though if I've got this wrong.

Febreeze posted:

I feel like this thread always seems to forget him, so I want to make sure he gets at least one nomination. gently caress Jason Whitlock

I don't know who Jason Whitlock is or what he did.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i nominate the boy that was highly jacking off his dick like 25 feet from the cheerleaders during the chargers football game. because he did that. and i dont think his name was released or that he had to register. his shortened name could be: jacking off the dick man, or something elts.

edit:he did get fired though. Maybe that wraps it up. but he jacked.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 25, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Marvin Lewis for claiming that touchdown dances are "not a good example for young people" http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26900/marvin-lewis-on-new-celebration-rule-not-a-good-example-for-young-people

Reminder that Marvin Lewis' team employs noted role models Joe Mixon, Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i nominate the boy that was highly jacking off his dick like 25 feet from the cheerleaders during the chargers football game. because he did that. and i dont think his name was released or that he had to register. his shortened name could be: jacking off the dick man, or something elts.

edit:he did get fired though. Maybe that wraps it up. but he jacked.

Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Boy has been added. Got a link because lol I wanna read about this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Boy has been added. Got a link because lol I wanna read about this.

here ya go

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol. Well he didn't even whip his dick out, which is what I was imagining, but also that is not a boy so I am gonna amend it to Chargers Cheerleader Jackoff Guard.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have a name you know

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I have a name you know

hahahahaha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

I have a name you know
if you're gonna own yourself this is how you do it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Would the Penn State Trustee who said he was tired of "the so called victims" of Sandusky count?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

bobjr posted:

Would the Penn State Trustee who said he was tired of "the so called victims" of Sandusky count?

I think he was on the board of regents?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Zurreco posted:

I think he was on the board of regents?

Might as well just go with the entire Penn State fan base. I'm sure I can still find some people who will go on the record about how angry about they are about that statue.

Probably would be better for lifetime achievement, so Penn State Fans. I think I might spend some time this weekend writing the Stephen A. Smith's hall of fame bid.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Were penn state fans not trying to get the Paterno statue put back up?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CyberPingu posted:

Were penn state fans not trying to get the Paterno statue put back up?

I think they did get it back.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Dean Spanos and the Spanos Family

gently caress this rear end in a top hat

Concur.

Also Jed York, Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady on the same principle.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 26, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Concur.

Also Jed York, Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick

These guys have not been properly nominated. While they are all obviously jerks, I need someone to say how they were doucehbags during the past year. Or maybe nominate for lifetime, but again, need some statement of what they did.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Benne posted:

Marvin Lewis for claiming that touchdown dances are "not a good example for young people" http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26900/marvin-lewis-on-new-celebration-rule-not-a-good-example-for-young-people

Reminder that Marvin Lewis' team employs noted role models Joe Mixon, Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict.

Seconding. Also, he doesn't believe in concussions.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I nominate[ The Cincinnati Bengals

The organization is so loaded with douchebaggery that it deserves the overall nomination. Nominee's Joe Mixon, Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones all reside on this dumb franchise. They also employ noted fun hater Marvin Lewis that doesn't think concussions are real who fields these douchebags. Additionally they are managing to waste the career of perfectly competent Red Rifle and have demonstrated they will allow his murder this year by actively allowing their offensive line get worse.

Edit:

Leperflesh posted:

Releasing the video could be considered douchebaggery, then? If so, did it happen during the last year? That'd be enough to qualify Mixon for nomination (and it would be up to the voters to decide how douchebaggy that was).

Mixon is a douchebaby.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-suspended-for-thursday-night-game-vs-iowa-state/

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 26, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i nom sons of anarchy for being an awful show that Rude people like

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I nominate Ladainian Tomlinson for talking about how much he hated the Chargers moving and then immediately took a job as special counsel to noted rear end in a top hat Dean Spanos

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cavauro posted:

i nom sons of anarchy for being an awful show that Rude people like

It did lose me in season 3. The whole IRA kidnapping a dudes baby so we go to Ireland for reasons was to much.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK! He's in! I don't like his chances of advancing on ripping up a parking ticket, but it's within the time frame and he's a football man so that's all criteria met.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

second to the Cincinnati Bengals

second to Marvin Lewis

second to Joe Mixon

second to Vontaze Burfict

second to Pacman Jones

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Grittybeard posted:

And even if you buy that utter bullshit I'd nominate everyone who watched that video and then talked about how women want equal rights but whine when they 'punch' first but there are too many to count. So the teaching moment thing has backfired as well.

I see you've been reading the bengals subreddit since the draft, friend.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

DJExile posted:

Absolutely nobody wanted Idaho in their conference and they were hemorrhaging money. This was bound to happen.

Now Idaho is hemorrhaging more due to the drop in donations and the halving of the fees for body bag games. This took Staben by surprise, according to himself. There are other issues, but those are on the academic side (like lying about enrollment numbers)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's our current list of nominees.

Brent Musberger
Colin Cowherd (lifetime award)
Dean Spanos and fam
Tom Brady
Ryan Pace
Martellus and Michael Bennett
Seattle Seahawks Defense
ESPN
Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter
Vontaze Burfict
Pacman Jones
Donald Trump
Mark Emmert
Patriots fans
Jamie Horowitz (lifetime award)
Trent Dilfer
Kyle Shanahan
Bruce Allen
Patriots social media manager
Mark Davis
Joe Mixon
Frank Clark
Chargers Front Office
Chuck Staben
Jason Whitlock
Skip Bayless (lifetime award)
Brock Osweiler
Clay Travis
Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard
Marvin Lewis
Penn State Fans (lifetime award)
The Cincinnati Bengals
Ladainian Tomlinson

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like to nominate Tyler Eifert for being racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, and often injured. please second this for justice.

https://twitter.com/EiferTy85/status/796257326089043968

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would also like to nominate Dre Kirkpatrick for being selfish, whiny, annoying, disrespectful of authority, and stinking. He went buckwild like a little childish baby and said the nfl referees should be fined for at best a 50/50 call that went against him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm nominating Shawn Williams, of the Cincinnati Bengals, for a hosed up hit that is to be named later but happened in 2016

Ok here it is if you were waiting. He was fined twice in the same London game where his team tied the Washington Redskins. First he speared DeSean Jackson with a helmet-to-helmet hit that luckily did not result in a concussion and then he had a serious facemask call for a total of 33,424 dollars in fines.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i noMINATE KEVIN minter for being on the arizona cardinals in the past. everyone in arizona is tyler eifert-like

lastly, i nominate nice meltdown. it's a rude thing to say to someone

• Locked thread