Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'll second Mark Davis for being the second-worst owner to move his team this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Leperflesh posted:

There are approximately 19 nomiations that have zero seconds. I don't really see a way to include some but not all of them into a tournament bracket without being arbitrarily tyrannical and just picking my own (basically by seconding some of them myself). My inclination is to be inclusive. Does anyone object?

I think we should wrap up nominations in the next day or two and move on to the tournament.

Can I count nominating the entire Bengals organization as a 2nd for every bengal that doesn't have one?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I second Robert Kraft

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I think that Frank Clark is technically part of the Seahawks Defense entry vis a vis their war with the media doing their jobs, but ok.

I will second Jason Whitlock for (IIRC) using his stature as the most visible black sports writer to create an overhyped website that tanked, blaming that on black sports fans not supporting him, and questioning other black reports'/writers' blackness, all while belittling Kaep/BLM/etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Can I count nominating the entire Bengals organization as a 2nd for every bengal that doesn't have one?

Sure. But Burfict and Pacman both already have one second each. Did I miss anyone else?

e. Oh I did, Tyler Eifert and Dre Kirkpatrick and Shawn Williams. Goodness there are a lot of Bengals this year.

Zurreco posted:

I think that Frank Clark is technically part of the Seahawks Defense entry vis a vis their war with the media doing their jobs, but ok.

Is this a second, or are you suggesting I fold Clark in with "Sehawks Team" and/or Seahawks Defense?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 2, 2017

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

Is this a second, or are you suggesting I fold Clark in with "Sehawks Team" and/or Seahawks Defense?

The latter, because it seems a little odd that a few players on the same defense are having comparable tiffs with the media for no reason. The two separate nominations can act as first and second, I guess?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i forgot to also nominate Wallace Gilberry of those entire bEngals for rudely bullying deshaun watson out of a bama bar.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolClemson/status/847991057904267264

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zurreco posted:

The latter, because it seems a little odd that a few players on the same defense are having comparable tiffs with the media for no reason. The two separate nominations can act as first and second, I guess?

Yeah probably makes sense to combine them.

Similarly,

Cavauro posted:

i forgot to also nominate Wallace Gilberry of those entire bEngals for rudely bullying deshaun watson out of a bama bar.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolClemson/status/847991057904267264

I'm on to you :crossarms:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I nominate LeperFlesh

For his very mean and rude burn on Time. He's barely been able to leave the house

He's now ignoring society!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I hate Tom Brady!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I nominate LeperFlesh

For his very mean and rude burn on Time. He's barely been able to leave the house

He's now ignoring society!

Huh, I hand out so many sick burns I can't remember one in particular, can you link it or something?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zurreco posted:

I will second Jason Whitlock for (IIRC) using his stature as the most visible black sports writer to create an overhyped website that tanked, blaming that on black sports fans not supporting him, and questioning other black reports'/writers' blackness, all while belittling Kaep/BLM/etc.

I'll happily pile on Jason Whitlock too. What an rear end in a top hat.

Just today: Coworker, Athletes Give Jason Whitlock poo poo For Criticizing LeBron On Racism - http://deadspin.com/coworker-athletes-give-jason-whitlock-poo poo-for-critici-1795762576

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Huh, I hand out so many sick burns I can't remember one in particular, can you link it or something?

Man now you're just taking victory laps!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man now you're just taking victory laps!

that's what his mom said

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I nominate Penn State University and all alumni. Past, present, and ESPECIALLY future. This will be withdrawn if a sinkhole eats Penn State whole

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For lifetime award, or for douche of the year? If the latter, what did they do this past year?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

BrownThunder posted:

I nominate Penn State University and all alumni. Past, present, and ESPECIALLY future. This will be withdrawn if a sinkhole eats Penn State whole

Sentencing on some of the officials just came out today.

Club fed sounds nice

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

Sentencing on some of the officials just came out today.

Club fed sounds nice

I'm not sure if this should count in the Penn State University category or be separate, but I'm putting this here for posterity:

https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud/status/870696570357915650

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Should definitely go in the 2017 douchebag thread that someone needs to make.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clay Travis is still the worst
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/871417418673004545

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 4, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Technically, that's basketball douchebaggery.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, and also after the cutoff date, and pillsburysoldier didn't even second clay travis so lol

I'mma wrap up nominations for DotY today. Nominations for the lifetime douchechievement award continue.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Zurreco posted:

I disagree, Frank Clark is having a tiff with the media because he is an unrepentant piece of poo poo who can't take being called out on his bullshit.

The other defensive players are just piss-babies complaining about whatever. I don't think they're really comparable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, and also after the cutoff date, and pillsburysoldier didn't even second clay travis so lol

If someone nominated him for a football related reason (I'd assume he said something dumb about Kaep at least?) I'll second Clay Travis.

Also seconding Jason Whitlock since I somehow didn't before. And I was one of two guys on SA to sort of say he was all right a few years ago.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 5, 2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Seconding Bill Belichick for penning this:

quote:

“Congratulations on a tremendous campaign. You have to help with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You have proven to be the ultimate competitor fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you for the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election, the results will give the opportunity to make America great again.

Best wishes for great results tomorrow,

Bill Belichick”

S-s-s-s... Seattle. Seattle. Seattle.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

If someone nominated him for a football related reason (I'd assume he said something dumb about Kaep at least?) I'll second Clay Travis.

Also seconding Jason Whitlock since I somehow didn't before. And I was one of two guys on SA to sort of say he was all right a few years ago.

Here's sean10mm's nomination of Clay Travis.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Personally I think you should break up Seahawks D into the specific players:

Frank Clark threatened a reporter who did an article on domestic violence in the NFL specifically about JJ Hardy, and issued a lovely "sorry if you were offended" non-apology.

Michael Bennett snapped at a reporter after a playoff loss asking if said reporter had faced adversity in his life. Reporter was a cancer survivor. Bennett apologized privately to the request of the reporter, apparently.

Richard Sherman stopped doing his media chats and threatened to end a reporter's career. He's also been known to bitch at offensive coaches for questionable play calling.

Jarran Reed is known for playing dirty (he got ejected once for throwing a punch) and is the subject of a domestic violence investigation from an incident in April.

Personally I'd put it Frank Clark > Jarran Reed (he could get disqualified if he's charged) > Sherman > Bennett.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's after the deadline, but LOL at Peyton Manning playing golf with Trump, when even Tom Brady had his wife tell him to stay away from Trump the good sense to bail on visiting the White House.

Dude uses his wife as an HGH mule "allegedly" and tried to ruin the career of the woman he sexually harassed in college, sounds like a perfect fit for Trump!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Personally I think you should break up Seahawks D into the specific players:

Frank Clark threatened a reporter who did an article on domestic violence in the NFL specifically about JJ Hardy, and issued a lovely "sorry if you were offended" non-apology.

Michael Bennett snapped at a reporter after a playoff loss asking if said reporter had faced adversity in his life. Reporter was a cancer survivor. Bennett apologized privately to the request of the reporter, apparently.

Richard Sherman stopped doing his media chats and threatened to end a reporter's career. He's also been known to bitch at offensive coaches for questionable play calling.

Jarran Reed is known for playing dirty (he got ejected once for throwing a punch) and is the subject of a domestic violence investigation from an incident in April.

Personally I'd put it Frank Clark > Jarran Reed (he could get disqualified if he's charged) > Sherman > Bennett.

I could totally use this list as a set of nominations, sure. Since I didn't get around to closing the nominations yesterday (busy with work towards the end of the day).

sean10mm posted:

It's after the deadline, but LOL at Peyton Manning playing golf with Trump, when even Tom Brady had his wife tell him to stay away from Trump the good sense to bail on visiting the White House.

Dude uses his wife as an HGH mule "allegedly" and tried to ruin the career of the woman he sexually harassed in college, sounds like a perfect fit for Trump!
Someone really needs to start a new douchebag thread for 2017

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sean10mm posted:

It's ok, he can't hurt you anymore.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

It's ok, he can't hurt you anymore.

He usually didn't when he played, either. :patssay:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids, this time for realsies, NOMINATIONS FOR DOUCHEBAG OF THE YEAR ARE OVER

and now we have to do a mass elimination to get us down to a playoff bracket that is a power of two, and here's how we're gonna do it.

After including all nominees that got at least one second, we have six seed spots left open, and 11 nominees to fill them. So, we're gonna have an instant runoff round.

Please read through the 11 nominees and then rank them in order of your preference, with the first-ranked nominee being the one you think is the most douchebaggy, and the 11th-ranked one being the one you think is the least douchebaggy. This voting round will run for about two days, and at the end, I'll tally up the votes and seed the top six into the remaining six spots.

Unlike the rest of the tournament, you don't get extra voting points for your impassioned arguments; but you should make them anyway if you care at all about who gets in and who doesn't!

So without further ado, here are your 11 douchebag candidates:

Ryan Pace

Zurreco posted:

for actively and visibly trying to blow this year's draft. Knowing that he was on his way out, Pace refused to resign a bunch of good existing players, traded away a lot of the team's future picks to move up one (ONE) spot (that wasn't under contention) to pick up an unproven rookie QB after signing a veteran to a long deal, and using three of his remaining four draft picks to select players from lower division teams. He won't win, but gently caress Pace.

Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter

Zurreco posted:

for entering a bidding war for TNF games. Seriously, please kill off TNF so we don't have to complain about 4 days rest or watching the Cowboys lose again on national TV.

Kyle Shanahan

sean10mm posted:

I'm going to nominate Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, whose blundering playcalling gifted the Patriots their 5th Super Bowl. Then he tried to explain it away with the stupidest "We played that game the way we played the entire year" TEAM IDENTITY bullshit in the history of everything, and was promptly punished REWARDED with a 6 year contract to coach the 49ers.

Fun fact: After the Falcons went up 28-3, Shanahan called a grand total of 5 running plays. In a game where Devonta Freeman was averaging 6.8 yards per attempt. Matt Ryan was snapping the ball with half the play clock left at a point in the game where the whole point was to burn time. It was like watching a reverse Andy Reid choke job, where instead of taking 6 minutes to do a 2 minute drill, they take no minutes to eat a sack and then rush to get the next play so they can get a holding penalty... that puts them entirely out of range for what just seconds ago was a chip shot field goal to ice the game. It was idiocy on a colossal scale, and his justification was the weakest of weak tea rear end covering WE STAYED ON THE ATTACK WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?! coachspeak :jerkbag: bullshit.

I'm glad the Falcons lost, but come on, what a dipshit that guy was.

Chargers Front Office

aperion posted:

That said, I'm going to also nominate the Chargers Front Office for causing the holdout of Joey Bosa, the very first rookie holdout since the 2011 CBA was agreed upon, showing that the Chargers are somehow able to gently caress up negotiations on something that's 98% structured already by said CBA. Link to some comments by John Spanos on the holdout.

Chuck Staben

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Oh, this happened a while back, but Chuck Staben, the President of the University of Idaho, for moving the Vandals down to FCS.

Lewiston Morning Tribune posted:

MOSCOW - In late April, the University of Idaho made a landmark NCAA decision, dropping its football program from the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) to the lower-tier Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and effectively ending a 22-year run at the highest level of college football.
UI president Chuck Staben formally announced the school's intention to join the Big Sky Conference in a news conference on April 28, more than a month after the Sun Belt Conference chose not to re-up with the Vandals.
<ed: read the full article here

This was all revealed in September, so I think it counts.

Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard

Cavauro posted:

i nominate the boy that was highly jacking off his dick like 25 feet from the cheerleaders during the chargers football game. because he did that. and i dont think his name was released or that he had to register. his shortened name could be: jacking off the dick man, or something elts.

edit:he did get fired though. Maybe that wraps it up. but he jacked.

Ladainian Tomlinson

a neat cape posted:

for talking about how much he hated the Chargers moving and then immediately took a job as special counsel to noted rear end in a top hat Dean Spanos

Dave Caldwell

Shiki Dan posted:

I'm nominating Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell for the Douchiest response to drafting a player with multiple domestic assault incidents (of the many this year):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706607-nfl-draft-shows-the-league-is-still-clueless-about-domestic-violence

quote:

When asked if he was concerned about the public image of the Jaguars after picking such a controversial player, general manager Dave Caldwell told reporters (according to statements distributed by the team): "I think we have done our due diligence enough to realize that is behind him and that, like we said, all of those charges were dropped. I think we all have been accused of things, not all of us, but many of us have been accused of things. We don't take it lightly. Obviously it is a serious issue, and we just feel like at this point in time to give the kid a chance to make it right."
Well maybe since it was 4 years ago he has matured and changed, keeping himself out of trouble oh wait...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...plaints-2012-13

quote:

Westbrook has twice been involved with police in his hometown of Cameron, Texas, in 2016.
Westbrook was arrested for trespassing on May 23. Westbrook was visiting the property resident's daughter, according to the police report, but all parties knew he was not allowed to be there because of a past altercation. Westbrook was subjected to racial slurs but remained cooperative and followed a patrol car to the sheriff's station, where he was booked into Milam County Jail for misdemeanor criminal trespassing.

"Sehawks Team"

CyberPingu posted:

As a throwaway id nominate the Sehawks Team for the lamest and douchiest display of "Solidarity" last year when Kaep was doing his BLM schtick

Richard Sherman

seiferguy posted:

Jarran Reed

seiferguy posted:

And here's the full list in a convenient copy/paste format for you to rearrange in your voting post:

Ryan Pace
Kyle Shanahan
Chargers Front Office
Chuck Staben
Ladainian Tomlinson
Dave Caldwell
"Sehawks Team"
Richard Sherman
Jarran Reed

Vote!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 7, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
1. Dave Caldwell --easily the douchiest in the runoff, yeah who hasn't been accused of these things multiple times?
2. Richard Sherman - kinda went off the rails last year lashing out at coaches and the press, maybe hates his very good quarterback. I mean for understandable reasons on the last bit, but still.
3. Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard - The saddest douche, but a douche
4. Chargers Front Office - Kinda goes along with Spanos, but I can buy that they're their own problem
5. Jarran Reed - Hitting people is bad, hitting your GF or whatever is worse. The DV thing has been super quiet so far though, I have no idea how much there is to it?
6. Chuck Staben - I'd rank him higher but I'm not entirely sure it isn't in the Vandals best interest to drop down to FCS. I mean have you seen the Kibbie Dome?
7. Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter - Companies gonna company

-- Here's where I don't think people deserved to be considered

8. "Seahawks Team" - Oh god their statement was so weak, but not bad enough for me to want to vote for them.
9. Ryan Pace - Being a bad GM on its own isn't enough, I need some proof that he's blowing things up on purpose or over the top bad in other ways
10. Kyle Shanahan - Wanted to rate him higher because of his last name (douche-nepotism?). He ran a highly successful offense all year and called a bad half though.
11. Ladainian Tomlinson - I guess it's kinda slimy from a certain viewpoint, but this is an SA2K issue mostly imo
12. Michael Bennett - The main reason he's here kinda got cleared up eventually, even if he was dumb about threatening to boycott a newspaper

Martellus and Michael Bennett - mistake in the list here, or did someone vote for them as brothers?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 7, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

12. Michael Bennett - The main reason he's here kinda got cleared up eventually, even if he was dumb about threatening to boycott a newspaper

Martellus and Michael Bennett - mistake in the list here, or did someone vote for them as brothers?

poo poo sorry, my fault. I had michael, and then also martellus and michael as a different nomination, but noticed it while compiling and combined them. That results in them effectively having a second, which got them an automatic seed.

But I forgot to remove them from the list at the bottom of the post.

I just fixed it, so, you should rank among just the 11 listed. You put Bennett at the bottom so I guess that's already fine :)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dave Caldwell
Kyle Shanahan
Jarran Reed
Chargers Front Office
Richard Sherman
Ryan Pace
Chuck Staben
Ladainian Tomlinson
"Sehawks Team"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Technically, that's basketball douchebaggery.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/872496845309825025
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/872197050997379073

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
white

:negative:

people

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Dave Caldwell
Richard Sherman
Jarran Reed
Kyle Shanahan
Chargers Front Office