Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hi, my name is Tinfoil Papercut. I like to frequent GBS and Games for some good old dead gay comedy and video game discussions. Tonight I am stuck at work and am bored so I've been hitting SA pretty hard - and happened across FYAD.

Can someone explain what FYAD is to me. There's all these colors and nonsense, I feel like a confused old person with an iPhone7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Beecock

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
FYAD: Stay out.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It funny to read sometimes but you need to make a new account to post there

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
adtrw is my preferred anime forum

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Rated shrimp

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I once posted in a thread then got chain probated for a week or so because the thread was moved to FYAD. This is the extent of my knowledge regarding FYAD FYI

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Imagine posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. Now imagine smoking angel dust and then posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. That's FYAD.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
fyad is about flame wars and crying in qcs

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
fyad is your cool uncle who your dad takes the time to drink boxed wine with even though you haven't heard from him in 6 months

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

fyad is about crying in qcs

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

They hate GBS

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
And then they both make fun of how you can't hold your mangosteen juice

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

1500quidporsche posted:

Imagine posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. Now imagine smoking angel dust and then posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. That's FYAD.

I think I understand now.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Early on, FYAD used to be a place for actual flamewars with lots of callout threads and angry teenagers trolling and flaming each other for fun. During the bad days of GBS 1.0, where you could be banned for wrong-think or not using an oxford comma, the cool and chill GBS posters were driven out and took over FYAD (which was becoming less active for actual flamewars). This is when the GBS/FYAD rivalry started. FYAD was a good and fun place to post at this time and everyone was welcomed. Later when GBS 2.0 opened, most people left FYAD except for a few very heavily invested FYAD superstars which remained (despite the style sheet being changed to make it almost unreadable). They turned it into the place it is today, and you can decide if that's good/funny or not.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

If GBS 2.0 became a fiefdom of fyad why do they still hate GBS?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pawn 17 posted:

Early on, FYAD used to be a place for actual flamewars with lots of callout threads and angry teenagers trolling and flaming each other for fun. During the bad days of GBS 1.0, where you could be banned for wrong-think or not using an oxford comma, the cool and chill GBS posters were driven out and took over FYAD (which was becoming less active for actual flamewars). This is when the GBS/FYAD rivalry started. FYAD was a good and fun place to post at this time and everyone was welcomed. Later when GBS 2.0 opened, most people left FYAD except for a few very heavily invested FYAD superstars which remained (despite the style sheet being changed to make it almost unreadable). They turned it into the place it is today, and you can decide if that's good/funny or not.

This is a good history lesson.

When I go read over there, I feel like I'm on drugs, without being on drugs.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
I thought Two tickets to watch Steve Jobs at the cinema please was funny

no they will not posted:

College prof: OK class, today we'll learn the correct way to design and make a computer. First of all it has to be beige, second of all it has to have pointed corners instead of being rounded, finally the computer is a separate part to the monitor instead of having the monitor and computer be the same thing, anyone who makes a computer a different way will be expelled
Students [droning, monotonous unison]: Yes... make computer
steve jobs: This can't be right... there has to be a better way!
audience member in cinema turning to friend: that's steve jobs

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

There's a comedy forum here?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
They are the true goon keepers, called upon in secret by Lowtax to perform mod sanctioned trolling of goons in specific ways in order to address a meta problem of the forums in times of crisis. #GBShateswomen is an example.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Basically if you read GBS and think "not ironic enough" then you go to FYAD.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
to attract all the bad posters to one place op

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
More accepting of new posters and perspectives than D&D tbh

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

it's like a concentration camp for autists

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'
cherry blossom petal landed in the lunch

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
It's spelled FYAG.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

iff you want the real fyad, just google weird twitter

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
Fidgety Youths Analyzing Doodads

it's where goons go to talk about those spinner things i think

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I had to adblock the forum title for FYAD at work because it mentioned jerking someone off or something.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I had to adblock the forum title for FYAD at work because it mentioned jerking someone off or something.

It's different and lame now

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
All I know about FYAD is that once gbs was excited about helping a man make hotdogs. Then FYAD intervened and now we have gbs as it is today.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Doobie was the most retarded poo poo and it's shameful af people still care and post about him

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Huh, I never thought of doing that. That just made my SA experience better!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
it's a bunch of people doing jokes and having fun on line, op

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Hello from 2002

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Just get really loving drunk

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

• Locked thread