Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, I know relatively little about this game: how easy is it to make the game Not Dark fantasy? I see the Forbidden Rules book has some stuff, but are the mechanics very on the "You are going to get wrecked, son" side of things, or is that relatively easy to adjust for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I only looked at this a long time ago, but is there someone who's a wizard fighter, but not a fighter who casts spells? Like, you hit someone, and magic happens as you hit them.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I haven't looked too closely at it, but I'd be down to play.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Serf posted:

-it is not just sotdl with the gross poo poo stripped out, it runs on the same engine but has become its own thing

But there is an idea that the gross poo poo will be stripped out, right?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Yeah, the people I know look at the corruption system a bit side-eyed, then I have to figure out how to say "there's a lot of stuff that's gross we don't have to use" and that's the final nail.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Having never gotten to play it, what's up with magic? Is it standard "wizards just make things happen, martials have to jump through hoops" and "spellcasters have more narrative power", and/or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Wow. That's a spicy move.