Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Thinking about running an adventure (Dark Deeds) for my friends as a pitch for the game. We mostly play board games but we played RPGs a lot when we were younger. The system itself is really solid, which I have emphasized while glossing over the fact that the entire setting is covered in a thin layer of poo poo.

I'm also getting way ahead of myself, but I dug up my old copy of Chaositech, Monte Cook's grim and edgy offering from the early 2000s. The themes and motifs between SotDL and Chaositech line up really well and it gave me an idea for a Shadow, namely the discovery, manufacture and proliferation of corrupt technology, which starts to unravel reality. It might just start with an artifact being unearthed or a device invented. I imagine Rul would become a very strange place very quickly, with powerful (and poorly understood) tech overtaking and replacing the relatively primitive technologies that already exist. Demonic incursions might become more common, with armies employing Chaositech to destroy them in a vicious cycle.

I'm not far along with this, but it's an idea if anyone wants to add to it or use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

I'm thinking about writing up a little reskin of SotDL along the lines of those older mixed live-action/animated movies, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Ralph Bakshi's Cool World. Everything to do with corruption/demons turns into cartoons, and corruption here means moving closer to becoming a cartoon character. Marks of darkness are just absolutely perfect for this, I think. Consider:

Your eyes pop out of their sockets when you are surprised
Your legs wobble when you are nervous
Music follows you around, changing according to your mood and intentions

I personally love the aesthetic of those films, but would anyone else be interested in seeing this take?