Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Serf, thanks for the shoutout.

dwarf74 posted:

Thanks for the OP, Serf!

I saw this gem on the g+ group, btw

So those Fighter &etc upgrades, it seems, will eventually be added into the main PDF for a new version.

Can you link to these "Fighter & etc upgrades"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It is super cool-and-good that not only is Schwalb ostensibly using post-release feedback to improve his game (because there's undoubtedly a bunch of stuff that you'll never catch in the design phase, or even in the limited-numbers playtester phase), but also that he's completely "replacing"/"patching" a core class.

Like, WOTC may have created the Warblade, but never in a million years would they have explicitly said "toss out the core Fighter and use this instead"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MTV Crib Death posted:

Is this game married to a grid or can it be run ToTM with some adjustments? After breaking the tyranny of the grid I don't know if I can go back.

The Forbidden Rules has specific guidelines and rules on how to run "zone"-based combat.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if anyone will be able to get this reference, but is spellcasting similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 1 where having a Knowledge stat of 3 means you can cast every spell you know 3 times each?

EDIT:

If you have a Power of 2:
* You can cast every level 0 spell you know three times each
* You can cast every level 1 spell you know two times each
* You can cast every level 2 spell you know once each

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 12, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I can't speak for the SOTDL conversion, but the Death/Madness/Terror in Freeport cycle was one of the very first third-party adventures ever written for D&D 3rd Edition. They're a mix of investigative scenes leading into combat encounters, and one of their defining features is a Lovecraftian bent to the story, as the antagonists are cultists of the Yellow Sign.