Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Serf posted:

Rob hasn't commented yet, but one of the moderators on the G+ community has said this is the case. I'll remove my link from the OP.

It's both a bummer and totally understandable. I've bought every reference cited on the SRD and thought that page was ridiculously handy in terms of compiling information, but I also thought that getting my players to buy the books when they had access to that page would be a complete non-starter.

I do wish there were an official resource that would make choosing paths a little bit easier than flipping through eight books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Has anyone made a resource that has all the various Paths available as a single index? Not the full text like the not-SDL page used to provide, but a basic list for all of the tiers across the books so that a GM can show the full shopping list to their players?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Man, that's... functional but the formatting is an eyesore.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'm just dipping my toe into reading all the SotDL materials I've had lying around for a year and I can't help but wonder - are there any defenses for PCs against the Horrifying characteristic? I realize that you're likely to be able to have a lot of ways to creatively get boons when you face a Horrifying creature, but being 1 bane down no matter what seems a bit steep initially. Is there any way for PCs to *get* the Horrifying trait? Seems unlikely but I suspect some sorts of magic might allow for it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Piell posted:

So I picked up In Pursuit of Power, the new magician-focused supplement, and it seems really sweet. Basically, you can swap out the general magician talents for focused version of those talents based on the traditions you have unlocked.

So, the specific text from Pursuit of Power reads: " If, for example, you have discovered Arcana and Alchemy, you could exchange the Cantrip talent for Alchemy Focus and Arcana Focus."

Maybe it's just poor wording, but my assumption HAS to be that you don't get both of those talents right? You don't rack up new talents as you discover new traditions and add them alongside your other, for example, Cantrip replacements? Can you swap them out later as you discover new traditions or are they permanent picks? Feels a bit dashed off to me, but maybe I'm being obtuse.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I also don't get why he has Spell Recovery Talents with Improved versions that can take the place of Spell Recovery or Improved Spell Recovery. I can see taking two different Recovery talents from different traditions, one replacing Spell Recovery and the other Improved Spell Recovery, but why would I ever, say, replace Spell Recovery with the Life Domain's "Improved Shared Recovery" (which, like most of them, gives one added use of the replacement Recovery ability) if I don't have Shared Recovery itself? Am I theoretically using my Improved Spell Recovery slot on Shared Recovery or is there something I'm just not grokking here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I liked SotDL a lot and have most of its PDFs but I feel like this KS does a really bad job of highlighting why people who loved SotDL should jump in on SotWW. It mentions the thematic change but doesn't really discuss any of the mechanical improvements at all. Feels like a rough draft of the page as they haven't even detailed anything about what the Limited Edition book includes and why it's worth $150 more.

Right now I'm in for the printed books but after feeling a bit meh about Punkocalypse, I'm not 100% sure about whether SotWW is worth the double-dip. I hope the KS gets way more detailed in the updates.

edit: Rob has indicated in the comments that he'll post an update on "What's New" mechanically sometime tomorrow.

Memnaelar fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 8, 2023