Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Arthil posted:

Weird to only focus on that, but the complaint still holds. It's not really a common measurement for TTRPGs as far as I'm aware.
nWoD/CoD uses yards, L5R uses both feet & yards, and that's just off the top of my head. Your awareness is lacking, and that's not even getting into your weird-rear end decision to defend your post on something that objectively does not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Serf posted:

I had drawn a 60-foot long tavern bar.
I see nothing wrong with this

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Have any of you tried tracking Corruption secretly, making the rolls yourself, and informing a PC if something happens? Or is it better to tell them when they earn Corruption and let them deal with it?
Seems like that kind of thing would defeat the purpose of the mechanic and also be extremely unfun.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Strange Charm posted:

I'm thinking about writing up a little reskin of SotDL along the lines of those older mixed live-action/animated movies, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Ralph Bakshi's Cool World. Everything to do with corruption/demons turns into cartoons, and corruption here means moving closer to becoming a cartoon character. Marks of darkness are just absolutely perfect for this, I think. Consider:

Your eyes pop out of their sockets when you are surprised
Your legs wobble when you are nervous
Music follows you around, changing according to your mood and intentions

I personally love the aesthetic of those films, but would anyone else be interested in seeing this take?
This is an amazing idea, I love it and want all of it so I can use it in my games.