Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's kinda funny how nothing ever really seems to change in WWE but if you jump back in 5 year jumps you're reminded me of just how much is different now. I mean hell, looking back at Raw 1000 which was 5 years back, there have been so many rosters changes and storylines that have completely disappeared from memory.

That said, I kinda hope that John Cena isn't around in anything more than an occasional special guest appearance ala the Rock. Every so often I think about that guy who (years ago!) once called John Cena the WWE's version of Boxer from Animal Farm :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Compared to the major sports leagues WWE comes off as having more turnover, which makes sense given the travel and wear and tear and lack of an offseason. Realistically, it makes sense that 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the roster from this year's Wrestlemania won't make it to the one in 2022.

I guess something else to take into consideration is the average age of the roster as well. There are a lot of older guys who guys who have already been doing this for a decade plus, some of them working heavy independent schedules and doing a lot of crazy stuff. As sad as it is to say, it's probably unlikely that AJ Styles or Shinsuke Nakamura are gonna be around in 5 years, or at least not in anything other than the occasional guest role. Jericho is great and has worked a part time schedule for a long time, but he's getting close to 50 years old. Finn Balor might still be around and I hope he is, and I can see Doc Gallows still being there but I don't know about Karl Anderson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Styles on the other hand I could see staying around. He'll be what, 44? He's one of those guys I could see doing this poo poo at 50.

Signing with WWE may have changed his mind, but I do know that when he was interviewed by Dave and Bryan a little over a year ago they mentioned he could still be wrestling in his 40s and his reaction was,"Oh hell no, no way I am doing this in my 40s!"

He may have been thinking in terms of still being on the independent circuit though.

• Locked thread