Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dongslayer. posted:

civ 4 had a mac release close thread

so did 5 and 6 but they were just WINE wrappers so screw that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

lol 265 MB

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

carry on then posted:

im gonna guess full dosbox with win 3.1, op

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

That seems way too big for win 3.11 when I remember my dad installing win95 off of like twenty floppy disks

says wineskin in the folder so it would be a full set of wine libs statically linked inside the .app i guess

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

George posted:

what about overwatch

save it for the "Blizzard games that aren't on Mac" thread buddy

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

the best version of Oregon trail was on Mac

same with super munchers

well, obviously

PCs were hamstrung by lovely busses and slow CPUs until the early 00s

Mac LucasArts games used to have a cheat code "rough" which would implement 4x pixel doubling as if it were a DOS/win32 port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Aix posted:

what owns about games on osx is how when you run games in a resolution different from your desktop res it scales em to it so you dont get a black resync screen. very smooth. great for alt tabbing. however with windows pcs you can just run games at your monitors native res LOL

it was also nice that games on OS 9 and OS X supported arbitrary resolutions all along whereas the PC versions (of the same games even) only supported a pick list of 3 or 4 common 4:3 resolutions until very recently

• Locked thread