Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Here's a mysterious secret:

I think Lena Dunham is a pretty okay decent enough lady and she would probably be a fun person to have a drink with. Who gives a poo poo beyond that? Why is GBS pants-making GBS threads obsessed with her weight and other physical features? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

Have you watched Girls? It's entertaining but narcissistic and puts her metropolitan elitism on full display, because that's what she is, a wealthy narcissist.

I saw the first season of Girls and it was okay in an irreverent "this is a HBO comedy" way. Adam Driver's great in his role. Lena Dunham didn't make much of an impact on me. She was just comically terrible and selfish like everyone else in the show, which was the whole point.

I watched the first half of season 2 and it was much less channeling awkward self-absorbed idiot 20-something humor and much more awkward melodrama about how each character hates their existence, so I stopped watching. It was not even vaguely enjoyable at that point, unlike the first season.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Piss de Bundy posted:

I want to see what the goons who rag on women so much about their appearance look like . I'm guessing the most vocal ones are pretty fat . Kind of how trump
Gets down on women but he's obese

:yeah:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I wonder which celebrity woman GBS wants to gently caress least with a burning outrageous passion:

Amy Schumer
Meghan Trainor
Lena Dunham

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

FisheyStix posted:

Is it sexist of me to say that all the feminist icons these days seem kinda manufactured and worthless and utterly undeserving of their place at the forefront of feminist philosophy?

Surely, surely women could do better than a child molesting racist bougie, or the hideous malefactor corporate plague rat that is HRC. Can we all agree that if you used your obscene amount of wealth and the connections therefrom to achieve your status as a feminist icon, then you aren't a feminist icon?

Women deserve to be able to choose their role models, and I feel like all the current big shots are getting forced down my throat. Where the gently caress is today's Bell Hooks?

Source your quotes next time, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Look at all these shameful posters who don't want Lena Dunham to fart on their Italian cream cake before a sweaty round of coiutus.

:fap:

• Locked thread