Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Huh, turns out her weight was the least repulsive thing about her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Broad City is like "What if we made Girls, but made it funny and likeable?"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
How many rocks did she put in Amy's snizz

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
How did Amy manage to be the least funny thing in her own movie

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lena Dunham is a racist in that way that only an oblivious rich white woman can be

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Remember when there was a sudden surge of really funny women, and then Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy, Lena Dunham, and Whitney Cummings hosed it up for the others? lmao, good times

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Then give us a different perspective. Or if this post is too idiotic, try to think down to my level.

I don't want to believe she's as bad as she seems, because that says terrible things about her fans.
Although people compromising their own supposed morals to see anything positive in her is the funniest thing she's ever accomplished.

Why not defend the example of misandry below. Bear in mind the context: that she's made many sexist jokes, that her later grudging apology ("I felt bodyshamed :downs:) indicates that this is truly how she felt at the time, and that feelings of low self worth excuse misandry and tarring some guy who's just using his phone.

How is the below defensible?

I'll wait.

The best thing about that whole episode is that she didn't realize that she wasn't the victim there; her sexualization of the black male as nothing more than a gently caress toy was waaaaaaaaaaay more hosed up than "handsome professional athlete doesn't want to talk to weird complete stranger"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pretty pathetic attempt at a friendship there

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"So get this... I'm sitting there, and this black guy doesn't want to gently caress me?! I don't get it! I'm rich and white!"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
LOL, how you gonna be fat, but not thicc, just LOL

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lena Dunham dislike is one of the few things that brings the left and right together

I can tell if one of my fellow leftists is going to be insufferable based on what they think of ol' Pebbles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wonder what its like to have gone through life without a single moment of strenuous activity

• Locked thread