Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I love the early seasons of Poirot, I didn't like the later ones when they became dark and moody (the show was sold to a different production company or something)

Suchet and the actors who played Hastings and Ms Lemon worked really well together and there were awesome, brief moments of unexpected comedy that I really like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I forget which radio adaption it was, but at the start Watson is describing his evening the night before where he took a dancer home and they picked up a bottle of champagne, but it turned out she lived with her mother, who was awake, and he ended up hanging out with the mother all night sulkily drinking champagne and talking about Holmes lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BBC Radio did killer full-cast versions of Agatha Christie's Poirot and Marple, and their Holmes stuff is just as good, however the Poirot TV series they did is much better than any Holmes they've done

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Which Holmes actor was the one that had a meeting with Conan Doyle and Doyle agreed to pick him up at the train station, which the actor had taken completely in character, including costume, and when he got off the train and sighted Doyle, greeted him with Holmes' dry, dismissive tone "I suppose you're the Writer"

He's the best one, I think it may have even been for radio

• Locked thread