Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I like the one where Hastings has a different idea of how to investigate the mystery and Poirot laughs him off, only for Hastings to solve it using a different methodology. while Poirot gets stumped and frustrated. Upon learning Hastings solved it before him, Poirot loses his poo poo and starts ranting. Hastings defuses the situation by pointing out that if a man has the world's greatest detective to learn from, it's only natural he'd solve a mystery every now and again. Hastings being a goof is my favorite bit of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My favorite Sherlock story is The Adventure Of The Yellow Face, where a husband talks about mysterious circumstances involving his wife and Sherlock gets the conclusion that she's being blackmailed by her former husband who didn't die in that fire and turns out he's completely wrong about everything and there's absolutely nothing sinister going on...just black people! Then Watson's safe word is "Nobury" for when Sherlock gets to be too much.

Big Beef City posted:

I really must insist...

I loving loved it when Hastings jumped through a window to bail on Poirot and let him get arrested by the cops. "No point in me going to jail too old chap!"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I enjoyed the robert downey jr Sherlock movie

Those movies were a lot of fun, but I don't like how they handled Irene Adler in the second one.

theperminator posted:

Frost is better than both of them

Cloth is superior to Frost though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15IRXKn9LSU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wamdoodle posted:

Wait how does Curry count as a detective? He was the one who dun it?!

Thank god someone mentioned Kolchak :love:

I like the one where he throws the head at the headless motorcyclist and you can see it bouncing off the guy's actual head inside the jacket.

• Locked thread