Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Good to see the underdogs going up so early, but they mustn't cave into pressure because its an illusion. The entire world supports Manchester United right now, and they know full well that a victory for Ajax would be a victory for terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Imagine assembling the most expensive squad in history and the best you can do is reach a second tier European Cup final and think "poo poo, better defend a 1-0 lead".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

I'd be happier if United were any good at countering, but they're pretty shite at it these days. It's not like Mourinho's Madrid where they could sit back and then score 4 on the break, United will just sit back and score none on the break and then very possibly concede a goal
His Madrid side was shite and his attempt at turning the richest club on the planet into a counter attacking side resulted in exactly two trophies in the three seasons he spent there, as well as making pretty much the entire team hate him by the time he left.

This is just silly. Ajax can't even manage a single pass and this idiot has thought "lets not be risky here lads, try not to attack to much". They're right loving there for the taking and hes defending a 1-0 lead.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hegay posted:

Lol you watched zero Madrid games then, it was pretty decent
I watched loads, it was loving shite.

loving go for it now though. Ajax are dogshit, get a few goals in, I have to be up at 3am and this is the only thing I'm planning on watching before bed so I want some silly poo poo to happen. Like Fellani punching someone or something.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

mackintosh posted:

Mourinho had a decent run at Madrid. The "entire team" was basically Iker, who Mou found out to be a fraud long before most people were ready to accept. He was right though.
It took Ancellotti a single season to eclipse him. Zidane outclassed his tenure there in a season and a half.

Mourinho's Madrid run was dire.

• Locked thread