Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Today, 14:45 EST, 18:45 GMT I guess.

Televised on Fox Sports 1 in America.

The mighty Manchester Reds are trying to win the Europa League for the first time in their history and as such backdoor their way into next season's UEFA Champions League. They would also become only the fifth club in history to win all of the major European trophies, i.e. not the Intertoto Cup.

Ajax have already qualified for the Champions League next season by virtue of finishing second in the Eredivise which is like finishing 14th in a real league. They have won the Europa League/UEFA Cup in their history, in 1992, shortly before football was invented.

Ajax are a team full of exciting, attack-minded young players and Manchester United are a team of expensive players who will probably play in a 4-6-0 shell and try to Mourinho a 1-0 win.

Expect a match of football with at least one team wearing red. I have no loving clue who's going to win.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ajax: Onana; Riedewald, De Ligt, Sanchez, Veltman; Ziyech, Schone, Klaassen; Younes, Dolberg, Traore.
Subs: Boer, Tete, Westermann, De Jong, Van der Beek, Kluivert, Neres.

Manchester United: Romero; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian; Herrera, Fellaini; Mata, Pogba, Mkhitaryan; Rashford.
Subs: De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Lingard, Carrick, Jones, Martial, Rooney.

No real surprises there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm nervous.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yesssssssssssss

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

THE MOST DANGEROUS SCORELINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

I was gonna write a post about how bad that Sanchez fellow is but I had to take a poo poo (not this post)

But he turned down Barcelona!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Congratulations on the tinpot double

Two trophies and in the Champions League, good season that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

We have never won the league. :(

Never forget it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad that the team I support, Manchester United, won another trophy this season and qualified for the Champions League Group Stage and as such will hopefully sign some really good footballers this summer for hundreds of millions of Pounds/Euros/Dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

Of course there's a fat middle-aged man getting his belly out

That's Taff.

• Locked thread